OP
UTC

nothing at all

nothing at all
UTC quote
ok here we go.mallo 210 mazzu crank stock 24 with 140 jet sito+ pipe.it putts around ok and runs smooth pouring on the gas but mid range cruising, you know like just going thru the gears mellow from a stop it runs rough. if this sounds familiar and is this normal for a medium screamer? it's nice haveing a off the line-bat out of hell bike, but i liked the full range smoothness of a stock 200. thanx for any suggestions.i am not a mechanic, but if there's something that i can do to get Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa and not Naaa aaa aaaa aaaaaa Naaaaa aaaaaa aaaaa aaaaaaa stupid i know but thats the way it sounds just cruiseing.
@rover_eric avatar
UTC

1965 Vespa SS180, 1963 Lambretta LI150

@rover_eric avatar
1965 Vespa SS180, 1963 Lambretta LI150
UTC quote
you're running a 140 main??? jeez! That sounds really excessive to me. What made you arrive at that number?

I ran a Malossi 210 with a stock crank and a PM pipe ( a real expansion pipe which requires serious upjetting, NOT a sito which is basically just a baffle-box and only requires a 2-point jump ), 24/24 ... and i ran somewhere between 125 and 128 main depending on the season.

And it would really belch gas up the carb on the 128. I didn't like using it as it would saturate the airfilter.
OP
UTC

nothing at all

nothing at all
UTC quote
rover eric
it does belch now that you mention it.the motor was tuned by fabio glita.he did some stuff to the case and piston as well.i first asked him to build me a strong hill climber but not to loud so i can start my bike at 5 in the morning for work.well it rips up sepulveda to the valley and as i wrote yesterday about pch it does go quite fast.it just runs rough when cruising around.the 140 is a good question.maybe to keep bike running cool at speed?THANX ROVER ERIC.jimmy in venice beach GO P'S
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0111s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0037s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]