@willmw avatar
UTC

Addicted
MP3 250, BV250

Addicted
@willmw avatar
MP3 250, BV250
UTC quote
Dang it, Michael...I did not need another toy...wait, who am I kidding...I ALWAYS need more toys. Got my mino on order
@trafficjammer avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2008 Teal LX125 ... 2007 Red LX150 ... 2010 Yellow LX125ie

Ossessionato
@trafficjammer avatar
UTC quote
Got my order on Thursday and tried it out for the first time today! I got a really, really crisp, 60 minute video of the sky and treetops! Razz emoticon

I mounted the camera on the front rack using the Flip action mount around one of the rails ... and I guess it wasn't aimed very well. So I am trying to figure out a better way to mount it. I'll let you know if I finally get it right! Going to try both front and rear cameras later today if I can get them recharged before the sun goes down!

I am going to hang the rear camera upside down and hopefully will be able to rotate it by editing somehow?

Wonderful quality shots I must say!

I have no idea how to upload the video if and when I ever get this right. Any pointers?
OP
@michael_moore avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GTS(me)/GTV(wife)

Molto Verboso
@michael_moore avatar
GTS(me)/GTV(wife)
UTC quote
TrafficJammer wrote:
Got my order on Thursday and tried it out for the first time today! I got a really, really crisp, 60 minute video of the sky and treetops! Razz emoticon

I mounted the camera on the front rack using the Flip action mount around one of the rails ... and I guess it wasn't aimed very well. So I am trying to figure out a better way to mount it. I'll let you know if I finally get it right! Going to try both front and rear cameras later today if I can get them recharged before the sun goes down!

I am going to hang the rear camera upside down and hopefully will be able to rotate it by editing somehow?

Wonderful quality shots I must say!

I have no idea how to upload the video if and when I ever get this right. Any pointers?
I used iMovie (Mac) to put it together, but I think Flip has released some new software that automates the upload to YouTube. Check out the Support section of their site. It looks pretty good, but I'm used to iMovie now.
@trafficjammer avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@trafficjammer avatar
UTC quote
Thanks very much Michael, I have a Mac as well. Not sure I have Imovie but I do have iphoto. Guess I'll have to do some hunting around to see if I have it.

I just tried to open a you tube account, got the email sent to me to verify my e:mail but for some reason, I can't get the account activated.

I haven't mispelled anything. Very frustrating. I'll try again later!

As a side note, I bought the USB cables which allows you to recharge the battery from your computer ... but it stopped recharging saying it got "very hot". It didn't feel hot but who knows. If that is a problem, then I think the normal charging is likely the best way to go. Could have saved some money not bothering with the USB cables! Without them, it says it recharges in three hours. With them, it is supposed to completely recharge in two hours. But if it overheats the camcorder ... what's the point of buying the cables in the first place?
UTC

Hooked
Vespa GTS 250 + Vespa SS 180

Hooked
Vespa GTS 250 + Vespa SS 180
UTC quote
Another possibility is mounting the camera in your girl/boyfriends hand.

Turns out pretty good as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdBzNWt8s94

@woodenhead avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GT60

Molto Verboso
@woodenhead avatar
GT60
UTC quote
victorlaszlo wrote:

Double line doesn't seem to have much meaning there.

cheers
@2011super avatar
UTC

Banned
2021 GTS 300 Touring

Banned
@2011super avatar
2021 GTS 300 Touring
UTC quote
Here are a few camera with mounts. I know many who had the bullet cam but I could not find their website. Thehad cameras facing forward, backwards and to the side and it was all going into a powered tankbag. If you go on youtube look for videos from my buddy JDOG.
OP
@michael_moore avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GTS(me)/GTV(wife)

Molto Verboso
@michael_moore avatar
GTS(me)/GTV(wife)
UTC quote
woodenhead wrote:
victorlaszlo wrote:

Double line doesn't seem to have much meaning there.

cheers
Of course not, it's Rome! Having ridden a motorcycle in Rome and other parts of Italy, the basic traffic rule is... never follow anyone else. Laughing emoticon

I have to admit, the first time the Italians I was following did lanesplitting down the middle of the road (both directions of traffic moving) I thought I might poop my leathers. But eventually you get used to it, and realize it's normal behavior and people just make room for you. (For some reason, Italian drivers just accept that you're going to pass them and never feel the need to "teach you a lesson" like American drivers do.)

That said, I would not say riding in Italy, or especially Rome, is for the faint of heart.
@dooglas avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@dooglas avatar
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125
UTC quote
TrafficJammer wrote:
I had a "swarming" incident on my scooter last Saturday when three young kids on scooters decided to scare the bejeebers out of me.
Gosh, Tortola is not a very big island. Seems like there would be a pretty good chance of seeing one or more of these riders again. Why not turn them in to the local police or take the guys scoot for a short ride into the bay. Your call.
@trafficjammer avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@trafficjammer avatar
UTC quote
Quote:
Gosh, Tortola is not a very big island. Seems like there would be a pretty good chance of seeing one or more of these riders again. Why not turn them in to the local police or take the guys scoot for a short ride into the bay. Your call.
Well ... IF I could identify them, I would have turned them into the police in a heartbeat. All I saw was their backs as they passed me. They were going 20 or 25 mph faster than I ... and they were around the corner and gone long before I could even think to try to get a license plate!

Today, I gave our police department 8 Flip Mino's and kept two for myself. One for the front and one for the rear of my scoot. If they try it again ... I will have it on record!

By the way, the Flip action mount is OK (not great) and the amount of shake is very minimal. However, the way I have to mount it makes it difficult to make sure the unit is turned on and recording properly. The sun makes it impossible to tell what is what. In addition, it takes far too much time fiddling around with it to make sure it is mounted properly, turned on, recording and aimed properly. As a result, I think I am going to design a special waterproof/bugproof (plexiglass) mount for them which will just snap on to the racks, thereby reducing the prep time to less than a minute.
⬆️    About 2 months elapsed    ⬇️
@fuzzy avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
. . 2008 Blue MP3 400. . di Peluria Orso .... 1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 ....... 2013 Honda NC700XD; 2017 Versys X300

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fuzzy avatar
. . 2008 Blue MP3 400. . di Peluria Orso .... 1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 ....... 2013 Honda NC700XD; 2017 Versys X300
UTC quote
BigLots 2 Day President's Day sale has Jazz Flip Camcorders for $28.
@lomunchi avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2020 Honda NC750DCT

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@lomunchi avatar
2020 Honda NC750DCT
UTC quote
That Flip did a pretty good job! I bought one for my son for his 18th. Great road too. I'm hoping to get my GT out this weekend, highs in the high 20's still cold but my wife's out of town so she can't tell me how stupid I am to ride in the cold.

The MC show is in town this weekend, I think I'll freak some folks out by riding to it!
@aviator47 avatar
UTC

2006 PX 150 & Malossi Kitted Malaguti Yesterday (Wife's)

@aviator47 avatar
2006 PX 150 & Malossi Kitted Malaguti Yesterday (Wife's)
UTC quote
The newer cams shoot 60 frames/sec versus 30, and can reduce the effects of vibration. Aiptek now has one with gyro stabilization for about $245 US.

My cam has in input for a remote camera, such as a helmet mounted tube. That reduces vibration, but head movement while scanning is noticeable. Also, one has to avoid trying to "aim" the camera for scenery, taking attention away from riding.

Al
OP
@michael_moore avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GTS(me)/GTV(wife)

Molto Verboso
@michael_moore avatar
GTS(me)/GTV(wife)
UTC quote
I'm in the middle of playing around with the faux-stabilization feature in iMovie. I'll post something up when I'm done.
@scooter_d avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTSie 250 - Black Its the New Red

Addicted
@scooter_d avatar
GTSie 250 - Black Its the New Red
UTC quote
What do you think of ilife 09, specifically imovie? Is it worth the upgrade from 08?
OP
@michael_moore avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GTS(me)/GTV(wife)

Molto Verboso
@michael_moore avatar
GTS(me)/GTV(wife)
UTC quote
Scooter_D wrote:
What do you think of ilife 09, specifically imovie? Is it worth the upgrade from 08?
Well, I haven't used it enough to say. I started with '08 so I wasn't one of the people who thought it was a big step backward as I didn't know any better. I thought, and still think, iMovie is light years ahead of any similar app on Windows.

The stabilization feature does work, although the clip I tested it on was so shaky that it only helped a bit. I'm going to try something less extreme. It does take a while to process the video though - I think a honkin' machine would be a real asset.

The face tagging feature in iPhoto is kind of cool - not 100% but surprisingly good. I don't really use Garageband other than to make ringtones, and I've never even opened iWeb, so I couldn't say much about those.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0363s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0243s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]