OP
@hutch816 avatar
UTC

VESPA 250 GTS 2007

@hutch816 avatar
VESPA 250 GTS 2007
UTC quote
These look like a good idea, but do they work as described ? A two pound air pressure loss, will change the Green to Yellow, another two pounds of air loss, will change the Yellow to Red. Green Okay, Yellow Check for a leak, Red stop and repair tire.
I just put a pair on my Vespa and was wondering if anyone has used them and if they are dependable & safe to use?
This is a shot of the front tire on my Vespa 250 GTS Pressure Valve Cap.
This is a shot of the front tire on my Vespa 250 GTS Pressure Valve Cap.
@mandarinia avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
LX150

Molto Verboso
@mandarinia avatar
LX150
UTC quote
My gf and I thought they were a good idea too for her car, till one of them developed a slow leak, and then a 2nd one had its clear plastic cap pop off, leading to an instantaneous flat tire. By my math that leaves you with zero tires on a scoot. We chose to just keep a tire gauge on hand.
@vespa_pomona avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@vespa_pomona avatar
UTC quote
We used to sell these, but after a few failures similar to those Wasp described, we quit handling them.
When they work they did just as advertised, but tire pressure (or lack of) is not worth the risk in my book.
@midnight_rider avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
09 GTS (sold) 2014 NC700XD

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@midnight_rider avatar
09 GTS (sold) 2014 NC700XD
UTC quote
I think these are the ones posted about on here a couple of times, always with the hint that they melt on the rear because of the exhaust being so near. Use with caution
@starreem avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
07 GTS250(RIP), 13 GTS300, Several Lambrettas

Ossessionato
@starreem avatar
07 GTS250(RIP), 13 GTS300, Several Lambrettas
UTC quote
I use one on my front tire now with no problems. When I put one on my rear tire, it sheared off due to some clearance issues.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0124s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0049s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]