OP
UTC

Lurker
Vespa LX 150

Lurker
Vespa LX 150
UTC quote
As I was riding home this afternoon on my 2006 LX 150, my engine began to bog down, losing speed, till I was only averaging about 15 MPH. I pulled over and noted that it still idled smoothly, but refused to rev much past idle. I rode the remaining three miles home at a snails pace, with the engine bogging down at anything past 15 mph. Anyone have any ideas as to what's up with my scoot? It idles smoothly, has 1/2 tank of gas, and doesn't seem to be vapor locked. Moments before this happened I had been happily cruising at 50 mph... Anyone else have a similar experience?
Crying or Very sad emoticon
@longbeach avatar
UTC

Hooked
1948 Knucklehead Bobber, 1964 Triumph Chop, 2007 Vespa GTS, 1974 Primavera 200cc

Hooked
@longbeach avatar
1948 Knucklehead Bobber, 1964 Triumph Chop, 2007 Vespa GTS, 1974 Primavera 200cc
UTC quote
When you did put gas in it before did you top it up all the way? Or have you let the scoot maybe tip over a little to far when there was more gas in it then there is now?
OP
UTC

Lurker
Vespa LX 150

Lurker
Vespa LX 150
UTC quote
Slow Running
I had filled it up a few days prior, and filled it all the way to the top, as I've been doing for the past year. As to the leaning, it's never been down or leaned at an extreme angle, other than normal spirited riding. I'm guessing I've got crud in the fuel filter, or perhaps a jet partially clogged.
@nightwing avatar
UTC

Contributor
2007 LX 150 (memories)

Contributor
@nightwing avatar
2007 LX 150 (memories)
UTC quote
Re: Slow Running
jalfreds wrote:
I had filled it up a few days prior, and filled it all the way to the top, as I've been doing for the past year. As to the leaning, it's never been down or leaned at an extreme angle, other than normal spirited riding. I'm guessing I've got crud in the fuel filter, or perhaps a jet partially clogged.
You shouldn't really fill it all the way to the top because excess fuel can spill over into the evap cannister. Eventually, you can end up with a fuel soaked air filter element which will choke off the air flow. There have been many threads here warning about problems from over filling.

Have you checked the little plastic bubble on the bottom of the filter housing? If it is full, you probably have a soaked filter.
@scootermarc69 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@scootermarc69 avatar
UTC quote
Heres a guess. The boot between the airbox and the carburetor is cracked or has come loose on either end. Check it out and eliminate it as the culprit.
OP
UTC

Lurker
Vespa LX 150

Lurker
Vespa LX 150
UTC quote
Thanks for both suggestions! I'll check them both out, although it'll probably be tomorrow before I can check it out. I hope both of you are having a great day! Thanks!
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0114s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0038s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]