@sh_lim avatar
UTC

Addicted
mp3 250

Addicted
@sh_lim avatar
mp3 250
UTC quote
Laughing emoticon Thanks to jerryw I have now a hassle free backrest that I am happy with minus all the hassle. Every thing was done in less than half an hour and the best thing is that it can be taken off in less than 10 seconds. Please feel free to comment and laugh if required (needed lots of this nowadays). Cheers! Razz emoticon
A normal lugage bag
A normal lugage bag
Light weight
Light weight
Put on and off whithin 10 seconds
Put on and off whithin 10 seconds
Can be turned into a comfortable and stable backrest
Can be turned into a comfortable and stable backrest
What's inside. 1" x 1" thick polystyrene with a cut curvature to wrap around back.
What's inside. 1" x 1" thick polystyrene with a cut curvature to wrap around back.
⚠️ Last edited by SH Lim on UTC; edited 3 times
UTC

Hooked
mp3 250 2007

Hooked
mp3 250 2007
UTC quote
what kinda of teaser is this?!?!?!

TpIpWoP

[This Post Is Pointless W/O Pictures. ]
OP
@sh_lim avatar
UTC

Addicted
mp3 250

Addicted
@sh_lim avatar
mp3 250
UTC quote
805g wrote:
what kinda of teaser is this?!?!?!

TpIpWoP

[This Post Is Pointless W/O Pictures. ]
Razz emoticon Razz emoticon Sorry about the late pictures.
@fuzzy avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
. . 2008 Blue MP3 400. . di Peluria Orso .... 1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 ....... 2013 Honda NC700XD; 2017 Versys X300

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fuzzy avatar
. . 2008 Blue MP3 400. . di Peluria Orso .... 1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 ....... 2013 Honda NC700XD; 2017 Versys X300
UTC quote
Brilliant!! Simple solutions are the best and this one is great.

Without the passenger backrest it can be secured to the passenger hand rails.
OP
@sh_lim avatar
UTC

Addicted
mp3 250

Addicted
@sh_lim avatar
mp3 250
UTC quote
Fuzzy wrote:
Brilliant!! Simple solutions are the best and this one is great.

Without the passenger backrest it can be secured to the passenger hand rails.
Razz emoticon Thanks fuzzy, I see some thing behind your back on your bike. Is that a backrest? Cheers!
@fuzzy avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fuzzy avatar
UTC quote
It is a duffle bag tied to the passenger hand rails. I was on a 6 day 1000 mile trip and the picture was taken at the Dragon by Kilboy. It does work great as a backrest. I might try your polystyrene for something to leave on all the time. If tied to the seat, I could open the seat without removing. My wife won't ride so I have never carried a passenger.
@awdnut avatar
UTC

MP3-500

@awdnut avatar
MP3-500
UTC quote
Re: SOMETHING TO LEAN BACK ON.
I like it!
@jbama avatar
UTC

BLACK mp3 500

@jbama avatar
BLACK mp3 500
UTC quote
looks like a good idea Laughing emoticon
@chillicrab avatar
UTC

Hooked
MP3 398.9

Hooked
@chillicrab avatar
MP3 398.9
UTC quote
you da man. always full of ideas!
@emptynest avatar
UTC

Addicted
MP 3

Addicted
@emptynest avatar
MP 3
UTC quote
I like your Nolan helmet. Did it come in that color to match your MP3? Or did you paint it?
OP
@sh_lim avatar
UTC

Addicted
mp3 250

Addicted
@sh_lim avatar
mp3 250
UTC quote
emptynest wrote:
I like your Nolan helmet. Did it come in that color to match your MP3? Or did you paint it?
Laughing emoticon It so happens that I found the Nolan helmet in a matching colour as my bike. It wasn't 100% but it was real close to the Cheery Red of the bike. The helmet is N-Com ready and I have bought a Blue tooth set to put in it and the set works terrificly good. Razz emoticon
@jerryw avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
MP3 500, Honda PCX

Molto Verboso
@jerryw avatar
MP3 500, Honda PCX
UTC quote
Thanks for the credit. It isn't exactly what I did but I like it and am so inspired that tomorrow I'm taking a picture of my rig and it is posted below. ALSO, I'm posting some of my crazier mods on a new thread, this with one more picture is included.

Mine was discovered by accident - a Seal Line 30L bag I bought online. (Sorry, I was calling them SeaLine before this edit.) The bag is 20" long with a round bottom that is 13". When I packed it with clothes and strapped it over the back seat with a bungee net the round bottom of the bag hit me perfectly in the low back, giving me a backrest. Incidentally, I am hooked on bungee nets and when the hooks didn't quite fit I took pliers and pulled them wider, then wrapped them with electrical tape where they wouldn't scratch the rails where they hook to the bike. This bag only costs about $25 and holds a lot of stuff for the weekends. Adding a link:

http://www.seallinegear.com/dry_bags.asp?Action=BajaBag&Category=DryBags

some dealers sell these with free shipping.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
⚠️ Last edited by jerryw on UTC; edited 2 times
@papa_bear avatar
UTC

Hooked
2016 MP-3 500

Hooked
@papa_bear avatar
2016 MP-3 500
UTC quote
SH Lim wrote:
Laughing emoticon Thanks to jerryw I have now a hassle free backrest that I am happy with minus all the hassle. Every thing was done in less than half an hour and the best thing is that it can be taken off in less than 10 seconds. Please feel free to comment and laugh if required (needed lots of this nowadays). Cheers! Razz emoticon
Where did you buy your passenger backrest?
OP
@sh_lim avatar
UTC

Addicted
mp3 250

Addicted
@sh_lim avatar
mp3 250
UTC quote
Papa Bear wrote:
SH Lim wrote:
Where did you buy your passenger backrest?
Laughing emoticon Papa Bear, thanks for noticing. The passenger is a DIY backrest. I use the neckrest from my car and turned it into a passenger's backrest. Maybe you can can refer to my previous thread 'DIY backrest' to have a look at the pictures I posted. Cheers! ( Can be done by clicking on the name of the author and then click 'All post by so and so'
OP
@sh_lim avatar
UTC

Addicted
mp3 250

Addicted
@sh_lim avatar
mp3 250
UTC quote
jerryw wrote:
Thanks for the credit. It isn't exactly what I did but I like it and am so inspired that tomorrow I'm taking a picture of my rig an will post it below (by editing this post).

Mine was discovered by accident - a SeaLine 30L bag I bought online. The bag is 20" long with a round bottom that is 13". When I packed it with clothes and strapped it over the back seat with a bungee net the round bottom of the bag hit me perfectly in the low back, giving me a backrest. Incidentally, I am hooked on bungee nets and when the hooks didn't quite fit I took pliers and pulled them wider, then wrapped them with electrical tape where they wouldn't scratch the rails where they hook to the bike. This bag only costs about $25 and holds a lot of stuff for the weekends.
Laughing emoticon jerryw, we will be waiting. Would love to see what you 've got. Wanted to do the same as yours initially but couldn't find those sailors bag in a short time and did what I have done insdead. Cheers! Razz emoticon
@smrf avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Smrfmobile was a 2007 sky blue Piaggio MP3 250ie w/Tow-Pac, Inc. Instatrike B kit

Molto Verboso
@smrf avatar
Smrfmobile was a 2007 sky blue Piaggio MP3 250ie w/Tow-Pac, Inc. Instatrike B kit
UTC quote
FYI 3 pack of dry sacks (three different sizes in set) for $14.97 plus S&H

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?p=WCS8&i=134045
OP
@sh_lim avatar
UTC

Addicted
mp3 250

Addicted
@sh_lim avatar
mp3 250
UTC quote
smrf wrote:
FYI 3 pack of dry sacks (three different sizes in set) for $14.97 plus S&H

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?p=WCS8&i=134045
Thanks for the link. Crying or Very sad emoticon No international shipping at the moment. Cheers!
@jerryw avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
MP3 500, Honda PCX

Molto Verboso
@jerryw avatar
MP3 500, Honda PCX
UTC quote
The link above is to the small bags. The full size are at:

http://www.seallinegear.com/dry_bags.asp?Action=BajaBag&Category=DryBags
@skymizer avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Scoot Sold

Ossessionato
@skymizer avatar
Scoot Sold
UTC quote
Amazing ideas....such improvisation!
Thanks Smrf...thanks Jerryw....for your great creative driver backrests/& websites. ShLim....love that passenger headrest idea (I will have to check your post on that install)....and your son is so cute!
We get sooo many great ideas/help from each other here at the forum and we share such great findings from all over the web.
THANK U ALL & CHEERS TO ALL OF US! Clap emoticon Clap emoticon
OP
@sh_lim avatar
UTC

Addicted
mp3 250

Addicted
@sh_lim avatar
mp3 250
UTC quote
Re: Amazing ideas....such improvisation!
MySkyMizer wrote:
Thanks Smrf...thanks Jerryw....for your great creative driver backrests/& websites. ShLim....love that passenger headrest idea (I will have to check your post on that install)....and your son is so cute!
We get sooo many great ideas/help from each other here at the forum and we share such great findings from all over the web.
THANK U ALL & CHEERS TO ALL OF US! Clap emoticon Clap emoticon
:lol:Please be real careful when drilling holes into the trunk. It is at a very steep angle when drilling otherwise the hole does not appear on the inside. Razz emoticon
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0183s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0059s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]