OP
@jrsjr avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Nazgul
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1985
Location: North Chesterfield, VA
 
Molto Verboso
@jrsjr avatar
Nazgul
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1985
Location: North Chesterfield, VA
UTC quote
They liked it pretty well, except for one little problem that showed up in hard riding. (click the pic to read it)
External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
@progetto_300 avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2010 GTS 300 SUPER
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1524
Location: Belgium
 
Molto Verboso
@progetto_300 avatar
2010 GTS 300 SUPER
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1524
Location: Belgium
UTC quote
Funny, my nefew sold his GTS 250 to buy this one.

He likes it very much.
@joel_hamilton avatar
UTC

Addicted
'07 GTS (RIP) '09 GTS Ducati M750
Joined: UTC
Posts: 636
Location: Brooklyn/NYC
 
Addicted
@joel_hamilton avatar
'07 GTS (RIP) '09 GTS Ducati M750
Joined: UTC
Posts: 636
Location: Brooklyn/NYC
UTC quote
I cant imagine a CVT on a motorcycle. The idea creeps me out a little.
The semi-auto mode seems kind of interesting. I would like to test drive one of these, though, just to see if it is awesome and I am just being a jerk face about it.
@theoz avatar
UTC

Sir Frets-A-Lot
Vespa GT250ie/L, Honda Ruckus 50, Honda NT700V, Honda CB125
Joined: UTC
Posts: 11197
Location: Bee eff eee.
 
Sir Frets-A-Lot
@theoz avatar
Vespa GT250ie/L, Honda Ruckus 50, Honda NT700V, Honda CB125
Joined: UTC
Posts: 11197
Location: Bee eff eee.
UTC quote
Joel Hamilton wrote:
I cant imagine a CVT on a motorcycle. The idea creeps me out a little.
The semi-auto mode seems kind of interesting. I would like to test drive one of these, though, just to see if it is awesome and I am just being a jerk face about it.
I seem to remember you doing jut fine on a bike with a cvt :-p

I'm sure you'd figure it out fast enough.

If they had this out before the mp3 500 I would have bought this. Looks a lot like my old Honda 599, which I sold on account of carpal tunnel syndrome.
@joel_hamilton avatar
UTC

Addicted
'07 GTS (RIP) '09 GTS Ducati M750
Joined: UTC
Posts: 636
Location: Brooklyn/NYC
 
Addicted
@joel_hamilton avatar
'07 GTS (RIP) '09 GTS Ducati M750
Joined: UTC
Posts: 636
Location: Brooklyn/NYC
UTC quote
TheO.Z. wrote:
Joel Hamilton wrote:
I cant imagine a CVT on a motorcycle. The idea creeps me out a little.
The semi-auto mode seems kind of interesting. I would like to test drive one of these, though, just to see if it is awesome and I am just being a jerk face about it.
I seem to remember you doing jut fine on a bike with a cvt :-p

I'm sure you'd figure it out fast enough.

If they had this out before the mp3 500 I would have bought this. Looks a lot like my old Honda 599, which I sold on account of carpal tunnel syndrome.
Totally. I am not a CVT hater... it just seems weird to me, I guess. Like I said, I am willing to admit I am just being a d-bag about it due to what I am used to... It makes sense to me on a scooter, the CVT, and there are scooterists that would feel weird about that fact. Thats like me about motorcycles.
I dont really care that much, but it seemed weird. I sat on one of those things at the local shop here in brooklyn. I would rather get the Guzzi breva 750 if I was getting something in that type of world.
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
 
Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
UTC quote
The mana isn't the only motorcycle now with no clutch. The Yamaha FSR has a F1 style shift option and there is a new Honda that is clutchless.
@ritchj avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
One of each
Joined: UTC
Posts: 3421
Location: Ranura de Monedas, NorCal
 
Ossessionato
@ritchj avatar
One of each
Joined: UTC
Posts: 3421
Location: Ranura de Monedas, NorCal
UTC quote
Storage is almost as good as on the GTS. 12 of 'em, and they stayed cold and didn't asplode when opened.

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
@joel_hamilton avatar
UTC

Addicted
'07 GTS (RIP) '09 GTS Ducati M750
Joined: UTC
Posts: 636
Location: Brooklyn/NYC
 
Addicted
@joel_hamilton avatar
'07 GTS (RIP) '09 GTS Ducati M750
Joined: UTC
Posts: 636
Location: Brooklyn/NYC
UTC quote
ummgood wrote:
The mana isn't the only motorcycle now with no clutch. The Yamaha FSR has a F1 style shift option and there is a new Honda that is clutchless.
I rode an old honda 750 that was one of the "hondamatic" models years ago.
Pretty crazy.
The FSR system looks really intriguing... hmm....
@robotribe avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
In constant state of flux...
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2330
Location: Pasadena, CA
 
Ossessionato
@robotribe avatar
In constant state of flux...
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2330
Location: Pasadena, CA
UTC quote
ritchj wrote:
Storage is almost as good as on the GTS. 12 of 'em, and they stayed cold and didn't asplode when opened.

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
Storage without top case or tank bag. That feature alone is almost worth the price of entry. If it were 1.5" lower and 60-80 lbs lighter, I'd put my current motorcycle on Craigslist today.
@sethwas avatar
UTC

Hooked
Aprilia Scarabeo
Joined: UTC
Posts: 456
Location: Miami Beach
 
Hooked
@sethwas avatar
Aprilia Scarabeo
Joined: UTC
Posts: 456
Location: Miami Beach
UTC quote
robotribe wrote:
If it were 1.5" lower and 60-80 lbs lighter, I'd put my current motorcycle on Craigslist today.
I think it needs about double the mileage (maybe half the cc) before you see more people going for it. That way it is at least cheaper than an MP3.

Seth
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee
 

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com


All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.


[ Time: 0.0128s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0039s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]