@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500

Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
UTC quote
So at the motorcycle show I found out that I didn't really wear a XXXL helmet I just needed a long oval helmet in XL. I tried on a bunch of helmets and looked for helmets that came in long oval on web bike world and decided on this one because I got it for the price of a Shoei RF1000. If I would have paid the normal price I probably would have bought something different.

Boy am I glad I got this helmet. It fits me so well and I rode today with it and it is amazingly quiet. I probably will never use my 3/4 helmet again. The place I got it from was really fast I got free shipping I ordered it on Sunday night and had it by Tuesday afternoon. Couldn't be happier!

Some pics
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@liz avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@liz avatar
UTC quote
Congrads!

What do you do to keep the fog on the visor down?
UTC

Hooked
2009 MP3 400

Hooked
2009 MP3 400
UTC quote
It good that you found a ff that you like and fits well. It can be diffucult to find a quality lid that makes you want to wear it. I love my ff lids but the Arai's don't fit me well. I use the AGV brand and love'm. It is purely a matter of what "fits". To keep mine from fogging I do a couple of things, first off a good vented helmet goes a long way towards fixing this issue, but I also, at least on mine, if I'm having a real fogging issue will crack the visor open to the first notch. This works really well for me if the normal helmet venting doesn't. Glad to see that you found a quality lid. Enjoy
OP
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500

Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
UTC quote
Liz wrote:
Congrads!

What do you do to keep the fog on the visor down?
Thanks!

I am not quite sure yet. I have only ridden it it once but it didn't have any problems this morning.

The helmet itself has three things to prevent fogging on top of whatever coating they say the put on it for that.

It has a nose guard that directs your breath down. It has a front vent that has two positions if you open it all the way all the air from the front vent gets pushed up onto the visor. If you open it half way it pushes the air back onto your face. The third is there is a small tab on the visor and if you push it forward it pops the visor up about 1/32 of an inch to that keeps the fog out of the visor.

I'll let you know later how efficient it is but I rode to work today in 45 degree weather and it didn't fog hardly any at all. When I would stop it would fog a bit but as soon as any air started going by the helmet it would clear instantly.
OP
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500

Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
UTC quote
Fritz wrote:
It good that you found a ff that you like and fits well. It can be diffucult to find a quality lid that makes you want to wear it. I love my ff lids but the Arai's don't fit me well. I use the AGV brand and love'm. It is purely a matter of what "fits". To keep mine from fogging I do a couple of things, first off a good vented helmet goes a long way towards fixing this issue, but I also, at least on mine, if I'm having a real fogging issue will crack the visor open to the first notch. This works really well for me if the normal helmet venting doesn't. Glad to see that you found a quality lid. Enjoy
Thanks I tried on about 20 different helmets at the motorcycle show here in Houston and the Arai Profile fit me so well I just knew that I had to have that helmet. Others would fit but there would be something that just didn't feel as good as the Arai. I am surprised you couldn't find an Arai that didn't fit you they have 3 or 4 different head shapes in their helmets. It just depends on what head shape you have on what Arai you should try on. Mine is long oval. The Vector is Intermediate Oval and they have another that is Round but I cannot remember the name of it.
@vespa_auntie avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@vespa_auntie avatar
UTC quote
nice lookin helmet. nice photos too.
@michael_h avatar
UTC

2006 LX150 "Amadora"

@michael_h avatar
2006 LX150 "Amadora"
UTC quote
Nice helmet! I am definitely going to try out the Arai brand when I need a new lid.

Quick question. The silver decals sort of look reflective. Are they?
OP
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500

Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
UTC quote
michael_h wrote:
Nice helmet! I am definitely going to try out the Arai brand when I need a new lid.

Quick question. The silver decals sort of look reflective. Are they?
No I wish they were. I might get some of that black 3M tape that is reflective and put it around the base and in a couple other spots to make it stand out a bit more. I think everything on the helmet is paint. Or really good decals with clearcoat over them. The only thing that has a 'ridge' I can feel is the Arai oval decals. Everything else is probably paint as far as I can tell.

They do make the helmet in some bright colors like yellow. The problem is I really got a great deal on this particular design. The yellow one would have cost me about $125 more.

The interior padding is unbelievably nice. It made the Shoei RF1000 feel like sand paper and that is an amazing helmet too.
UTC

Banned

Banned
UTC quote
ummgood wrote:
No I wish they were. I might get some of that black 3M tape that is reflective and put it around the base and in a couple other spots to make it stand out a bit more.
The interior padding is unbelievably nice. It made the Shoei RF1000 feel like sand paper and that is an amazing helmet too.
That's really beautiful!

It's like My RF1000, only far nicer

I put reflective decals on mine:
External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

And I use "Cat Crap" on the visor and a Respro foggy mask inside
to keep the visor clear
External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
OP
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500

Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
UTC quote
L from Jersey wrote:
ummgood wrote:
No I wish they were. I might get some of that black 3M tape that is reflective and put it around the base and in a couple other spots to make it stand out a bit more.
That's really beautiful!

It's like My RF1000, only far nicer

I put reflective decals on mine:

And I use "Cat Crap" on the visor and a Respro foggy mask inside
to keep the visor clear
I was real close to buying a RF1000 until I found the deal on this helmet. Where did you get your reflective stickers from? Also who named that "Cat Crap" stuff? When I see Cat Crap I think of Almond Rocha. (My wife won't eat it any more because I said it looks like cat crap).
UTC

Banned

Banned
UTC quote
ummgood wrote:
I was real close to buying a RF1000 until I found the deal on this helmet. Where did you get your reflective stickers from? Also who named that "Cat Crap" stuff? When I see Cat Crap I think of Almond Rocha. (My wife won't eat it any more because I said it looks like cat crap).
I get the decals from: http://www.harrisdecals.com/products/standarddecal.asp?ctid=3&pg=10
(You can find the "wings" on this page)

You can get any of their graphics designs in retro-reflecting vinyl,
but stay away from their helmet decals (which aren't reflecting and are much more expensive)

The trick is to find ones that are small enough--these are mostly intended for larger vehicles

About the cat crap: I'm guessing that blue was not the original color
OP
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500

Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
UTC quote
Thanks I'll have to check out some decals.
@mmehren avatar
UTC

Addicted
'08 GTS (75k+ miles)

Addicted
@mmehren avatar
'08 GTS (75k+ miles)
UTC quote
I'm bummed now.

I thought you were cruising the streets in the Vader helmet :-\
@nigelthefish avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
ET2, PX150

Ossessionato
@nigelthefish avatar
ET2, PX150
UTC quote
Quote:
I thought you were cruising the streets in the Vader helmet :-
Yeah I really can't help but be disappointed that he doesn't wear the vader helmet...
OP
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500

Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
UTC quote
nigelthefish wrote:
Quote:
Yeah I really can't help but be disappointed that he doesn't wear the vader helmet...
Sorry guys turns out it wasn't DOT approved Sigh emoticon
@steve_in_austin avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@steve_in_austin avatar
UTC quote
So much for the big head

JUST KIDDING!!!!!
OP
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500

Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
UTC quote
steve_in_austin wrote:
So much for the big head

JUST KIDDING!!!!!
Sure!
@mmehren avatar
UTC

Addicted
'08 GTS (75k+ miles)

Addicted
@mmehren avatar
'08 GTS (75k+ miles)
UTC quote
ummgood wrote:
nigelthefish wrote:
Quote:
Sorry guys turns out it wasn't DOT approved Sigh emoticon
Darth Vespa... "I am your scooter, Luke"
@trowel_and_cuffs avatar
UTC

Addicted
2009 Vespa GTS Super duper pooper scooper

Addicted
@trowel_and_cuffs avatar
2009 Vespa GTS Super duper pooper scooper
UTC quote
Vader's helmet isn't DOT approved but Sith Approved !
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0230s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0090s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]