@damien avatar
UTC

Hooked
GT 200

Hooked
@damien avatar
GT 200
UTC quote
So my GT200 has been in the shop now for a week and I have yet to know what is going on with the headlight issue.

Whenever I get my GT serviced I end up borrowing my friends Aprilia Mile which is nothing short of a race bike. This bike is a rocket on wheels.

Well I do enjoy the acceleration which is out of this world but other then that the GT is all I need and so much more.

I hear all the time from people "Can that go on the freeway?"

The GT is a very capable machine and can be ridden at freeway speeds and on long journeys (as mentioned by many members) with as much ease as a rocket bike, minus the deathly acceleration.

This is all depending on the riders ability of course, but speaking of my own I love being on the freeway and taking it on long journeys just to prove to myself that I can do it. The Vespa moves around due to cross wind and other traffic but so does the moto they just move differently and as long as the rider is able it can do it with ease. Also I have been on many rides with my moto friends and have been able to throw it into corners as good as them and in the city or traffic can manuever better then all of them since it is so nimble.

I think that as long as the rider is able, the Vespa is an amazingly unstoppable machine able to hold its own against moto's of any kind. (minus the power of course) I just wish that people would take them more seriously and use them to there full potential.

I am as deserving as the nod out there on the road as the next biker.

Sorry all for the rant just had it on my chest and had to get it off.

Please if you feel the same about it drop your two cents in and let us know.

I just hope my GT is done soon so that I can ride a more deserving creation.
@scooter_west avatar
UTC

Sponsor

Sponsor
@scooter_west avatar
UTC quote
I would almost agree with you if the GT could lean down a little farther. There's more to the mille than acceleration. I can say that when I came off a very long ride on my BMW, I couldn't wait to get back on my zippy, agile Vespa.
UTC

Enthusiast
06 Vintage Red GTS

Enthusiast
06 Vintage Red GTS
UTC quote
It was for long distance journeys that I got the gts, even though it was a toss up between that and a bv500. I chose the Vespa based on style and that they must have it right by now as they have been working on it for 60 years. On yesterday's 160 mile trip I spent almonst half that distance on a 6 lane freeway and at one time the 18 wheeler turbulence actually flexed my mid-sized windscreen. But I did not feel a loss of control at any time. This is a great scooter. Once I figure out how to increase the high speed stability, this bike will be perfect. The 88 miles per Imperial gallon average doesn't hurt either.
Thomas
UTC

Banned

Banned
UTC quote
Re:I would rather be on a Vespa then a super bike........
I feel the same way. I have just as much fun on My GT or the Stella as I ever had on anything else. it will go as far the Big touring bikes I have had.
@beale avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
None! I sold it :(

Ossessionato
@beale avatar
None! I sold it :(
UTC quote
Never owned a big touring bike. Probably will not, no real need. I do want a maxi scoot for some extra, but also just do. I enjoy the heck out of my GT, Beale.
@vespabrian avatar
UTC

Hooked
2022 GTS HPE

Hooked
@vespabrian avatar
2022 GTS HPE
UTC quote
I've owned two sport bikes and two scooters. I think the scooters are much more fun.
@salty_dodd avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
(GT200L) ... no more scoot :o(

Molto Verboso
@salty_dodd avatar
(GT200L) ... no more scoot :o(
UTC quote
I actually enjoy both.

Right now the scoot is the only thing that runs, and if both did run I would be riding the scoot mostly.

I have not taken the scoot to church yet, mostly because Salty Dawn and I go together, usually.

I will be going to a men's bar-b-q tomorrow night, and plan to take the scoot.

Most of the cyclists there are Harley fans.

It is going to be interesting what kind of reaction I'll get.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0171s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0102s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]