I have a '74 US Rally with no wiring, battery, ignition switch (goes by the fuel tap) or other electrical parts except for the stator. The stator appears to correspond with the 1974 US market wiring diagram for Rally 200. That is, the ignition has the black, red, blue, and green wires. For the wiring harness there are black (ground), purple (connects to the red ignition wire-kill?) yellow, yellow, and two whites that are joined into one connector. Each lighting coil on the stator has a yellow and white wire coming from it.
Questions, assuming the actual stator wiring is OK:
1. How do I connect the output wires into a wiring harness for AC only?
2. Is there a way to convert the existing wiring into 12 volts? Is that necessary? I would like to avoid the expense of a P crank, stator, bearings, flywheel and case split/rebuild if possible.
3. Any suggestions for a voltage regulator? Do I need a Vespa specific part or are there more economical alternatives?
4. Are there Ac flasher units to keep the turn signals? I have the turn signal switch on the left side of the headset.
5. What ignition switch would work. I
6. I'm assuming this stator will work with the Ducati conversion as described online assuming the pickup and ignition coil are OK. Good assumption?