OP
UTC

1982 PX 150, 1963 Allstate

UTC quote
my px was running good, now the kick starter slides when you try to turn it on, the flywheel doesn't turn . someone tell me that it can the clutch, i remove them and put them in oil for one day, then install it back but it does the same. i also chek the cuadrant for any twist but i dont see anything. any helpp,,,thanks
@rover_eric avatar
UTC

1965 Vespa SS180, 1963 Lambretta LI150

@rover_eric avatar
UTC quote
pulling the clutch and soaking it in oil isn't going to do anything.

It's all a matter of how much resistance you feel.

If you feel NO resistance, your clutch may have failed ...like, catastrophically. The two haves may have sheared the rivets or something ( though, if your bike isn't kitted, this is pretty unlikely )

If there is some resistance, then you may have either 1) the clutch cable too tight or 2) your cork plates are cooked, and you need to rebuild the clutch.
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
UTC quote
Make sure you don't have your clutch too tight. Loosen the pinch bolt to your clutch cable and let that little clutch link rod (whatever it's called) go back a little bit and then try to kick it to see if you got any resistance...if so, you just need to tighten the clutch not too tight. I noticed this on my PX 150 motor as well in my Sprint. When I tried to tighten the cable too tight..it pushed the little link rod forward too much and had no resistance on the kicklever...so while you are down there tightening up the cable..place your hand on the kick lever and try to push it down until you get it in the right spot.
OP
UTC

UTC quote
If there is some resistance, then you may have either 1) the clutch cable too tight or 2) your cork plates are cooked, and you need to rebuild the clutch.
,,,,recomendations for the cork plates? or rebuild kit.
@rover_eric avatar
UTC

@rover_eric avatar
UTC quote
Recommendations ..hmmm

order 1 ) the brass push-pin 2) the brass seperator ring that goes between the two clutch halves ( both are wear parts ) and a set of cork plates for your scoot.

Soak the plates for 24 hours before rebuilding your clutch.

During the process, make sure that the basket doesn't have notches worn in between the finger areas, where the metal plates could get bound up. Be VERY CAREFUL during removal that you keep the metal plates oriented exactly as they came out. I've heard that one of them has a slight dish to it and you want to make sure it goes together as it came apart.

That's my recommendation.
OP
UTC

UTC quote
thanks ,, i will try the clutch rebuild
OP
UTC

UTC quote
Comments about,,, malossi clutch kit or motor scooter clutch kit
UTC

nothing at all

nothing at all
UTC quote
abmsurf wrote:
Comments about,,, malossi clutch kit or motor scooter clutch kit
i have two P's.

one is a medium kit and the other is a super stock and they both have a stock piaggio clutch and work great.

i don't race the gears,(dirt bike style)

i engage and lean on it,pull in clutch to grip-change gear-engage and lean on it and so on,taking the rpm's right up BEFORE the bike starts to girgle,thats when i shift.

my clutches have not failed(stock)

if i do race the gears(dirt bike style) i can smell them
@rover_eric avatar
UTC

@rover_eric avatar
UTC quote
there is really no point to upgrading your clutch ( unless it's a cosa clutch on a P200, which is far more comfortable to squeeze, using less effort ), unless your engine is kitted up substantially.

Just stay stock.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0612s ][ Queries: 12 (0.0337s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]