OP
@cedar avatar
UTC

Member
MP3 500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 14
Location: Seattle
 
Member
@cedar avatar
MP3 500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 14
Location: Seattle
UTC quote
I am now a proud owner of a brand new 2009 Demon Black Piaggio MP3 500!

Cliff's Cycles in Bremerton did me right.

Edit: Ahh the emblem. It was lost in shipping and they're sending me a new one asap.

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
@joyce avatar
UTC

Hooked
fuoco 500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 190
Location: Cheadle, UK
 
Hooked
@joyce avatar
fuoco 500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 190
Location: Cheadle, UK
UTC quote
Congratulations - here's to many happy miles together.
UTC

Enthusiast
Joined: UTC
Posts: 70
 
Enthusiast
Joined: UTC
Posts: 70
UTC quote
Congrats, looks like you've got some pretty tree-lined roads to play about with around there!

Have fun with the new bike, hope they get the badge to you soon!
@jerryw avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
MP3 500, Honda PCX
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1123
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Molto Verboso
@jerryw avatar
MP3 500, Honda PCX
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1123
Location: Dallas, TX
UTC quote
Welcome to the fun!

I've had mine one year day after tomorrow. Most of the time without the emblem because my windshield didn't allow it. They run fine without it.
@bravotwofour avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
'09 Mp3-500 - Gone Now
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2065
Location: Happy Valley, Oregon
 
Ossessionato
@bravotwofour avatar
'09 Mp3-500 - Gone Now
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2065
Location: Happy Valley, Oregon
UTC quote
Excellent choice of scoot, you're gonna love it - especially in the Northwest. They really shine on the hills and in the wet.

Rock on!
@alba avatar
UTC

Hooked
MP3 500, Kawasaki Versys, KLX250S, Buddy 150 Pamplona
Joined: UTC
Posts: 432
Location: Seattle
 
Hooked
@alba avatar
MP3 500, Kawasaki Versys, KLX250S, Buddy 150 Pamplona
Joined: UTC
Posts: 432
Location: Seattle
UTC quote
Hope to see you around some day. There are some fantastic roads to be riding around here
@bigddy avatar
UTC

Hooked
09 MP3 500 "Carmela"
Joined: UTC
Posts: 103
Location: Plano, Texas
 
Hooked
@bigddy avatar
09 MP3 500 "Carmela"
Joined: UTC
Posts: 103
Location: Plano, Texas
UTC quote
Fantastic Choice....Enjoy.
@jacq avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Willow Rouge: Excaliber Silver MP3 250 VIN 3288
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1093
Location: Austin, Texas
 
Molto Verboso
@jacq avatar
Willow Rouge: Excaliber Silver MP3 250 VIN 3288
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1093
Location: Austin, Texas
UTC quote
Congratulations and thanks for the pic....Really preeety....BTW..and we've all done it....have you named it yet....if not, don't worry, it'll come to you. Mine is Willow Rogue, because she's nibble and a rascal, in that, if I'm not prepared for the stop, she lays down.... the wench.... Wha? emoticon
cheers....jacq
@lostboy avatar
UTC

Hooked
mp3 250 "Windy"
Joined: UTC
Posts: 492
Location: Seattle WA
 
Hooked
@lostboy avatar
mp3 250 "Windy"
Joined: UTC
Posts: 492
Location: Seattle WA
UTC quote
Congrats and welcome!  Always good to see more local riders.

Mine is named Windy, mostly because I've stuck with the stock short windscreen.
@stickyfrog avatar
UTC

Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s
Joined: UTC
Posts: 22655
Location: Nashville, Indiana
 
Moderatus Rana
@stickyfrog avatar
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s
Joined: UTC
Posts: 22655
Location: Nashville, Indiana
UTC quote
Welcome to the club and the forum!
OP
@cedar avatar
UTC

Member
MP3 500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 14
Location: Seattle
 
Member
@cedar avatar
MP3 500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 14
Location: Seattle
UTC quote
Thanks for all the comments Loving this thing. I think I'll name her Spiderface.

Tomorrow I'm scheduled for an appointment in Wenatchee (contesting a speeding ticket...), across Steven's Pass (mountain pass). It's about a 120m trip on a highway road. Speed limit is 50-60.

Is it too early to take my bike on this type of incline/trip? It's a real nice twisty road with plenty of ups and downs, though usually all at once. I could keep it slow if it was too much. Opinions?
@skymizer avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Scoot Sold
Joined: UTC
Posts: 3084
Location: NYS
 
Ossessionato
@skymizer avatar
Scoot Sold
Joined: UTC
Posts: 3084
Location: NYS
UTC quote
Hey there Cedar.....and "Spiderface" (like the name...suits the 500) welcome. You look like you have a bit of experience under your belt looking at those nice pics. IMO, you two are still getting acquainted, so I would reconsider your upcoming voyage whilst breaking the spider in...speedwise, etc. (others will say different...but that's my suggestion).
Say....why not make an emblem....put a "spider" on it Nerd emoticon
Zee Black Vidow
Zee Black Vidow
@miggidy avatar
UTC

Hooked
Mp3 500 Demon Black
Joined: UTC
Posts: 180
Location: Seattle WA
 
Hooked
@miggidy avatar
Mp3 500 Demon Black
Joined: UTC
Posts: 180
Location: Seattle WA
UTC quote
Stevens pass would be a great ride into wenatchee, However, you're going to run into a shit ton of traffic, motorcycle, RV, car, Mainly Campers and others visiting Leavenworth. If you aren't 100% acquainted with stopping distances, handling, etc. I'd hold off for now.

I cut through bainbridge to head up to North Kitsap just past the Hood Canal bridge. Maybe I'll see you some time.

Congrats! These beasts are fun!
@old_as_dirt avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 GTS
Joined: UTC
Posts: 22418
Location: Harriman, Tennessee, Tn
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@old_as_dirt avatar
2007 GTS
Joined: UTC
Posts: 22418
Location: Harriman, Tennessee, Tn
UTC quote
Cedar wrote:
Thanks for all the comments Loving this thing. I think I'll name her Spiderface.

Tomorrow I'm scheduled for an appointment in Wenatchee (contesting a speeding ticket...), across Steven's Pass (mountain pass). It's about a 120m trip on a highway road. Speed limit is 50-60.

Is it too early to take my bike on this type of incline/trip? It's a real nice twisty road with plenty of ups and downs, though usually all at once. I could keep it slow if it was too much. Opinions?
take it on the ride, it will be good for the scoot and you. Do not baby the scoot. Ride it and ride it hard. The only thing is don't keep the throttle steady say at 50mph for long periods. Run it up to 80-90 mph and all the way back down to 30-40mph never hold the throttle steady for the first 5-600 miles.
@stickyfrog avatar
UTC

Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s
Joined: UTC
Posts: 22655
Location: Nashville, Indiana
 
Moderatus Rana
@stickyfrog avatar
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s
Joined: UTC
Posts: 22655
Location: Nashville, Indiana
UTC quote
old as dirt wrote:
Cedar wrote:
Thanks for all the comments Loving this thing. I think I'll name her Spiderface.

Tomorrow I'm scheduled for an appointment in Wenatchee (contesting a speeding ticket...), across Steven's Pass (mountain pass). It's about a 120m trip on a highway road. Speed limit is 50-60.

Is it too early to take my bike on this type of incline/trip? It's a real nice twisty road with plenty of ups and downs, though usually all at once. I could keep it slow if it was too much. Opinions?
take it on the ride, it will be good for the scoot and you. Do not baby the scoot. Ride it and ride it hard. The only thing is don't keep the throttle steady say at 50mph for long periods. Run it up to 80-90 mph and all the way back down to 30-40mph never hold the throttle steady for the first 5-600 miles.
+1 and as jimc said in another thread get in the hills if you can. that will help to keep you varying your rpms. have fun!
@bravotwofour avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
'09 Mp3-500 - Gone Now
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2065
Location: Happy Valley, Oregon
 
Ossessionato
@bravotwofour avatar
'09 Mp3-500 - Gone Now
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2065
Location: Happy Valley, Oregon
UTC quote
stickyfrog wrote:
old as dirt wrote:
Cedar wrote:
Thanks for all the comments Loving this thing. I think I'll name her Spiderface.

Tomorrow I'm scheduled for an appointment in Wenatchee (contesting a speeding ticket...), across Steven's Pass (mountain pass). It's about a 120m trip on a highway road. Speed limit is 50-60.

Is it too early to take my bike on this type of incline/trip? It's a real nice twisty road with plenty of ups and downs, though usually all at once. I could keep it slow if it was too much. Opinions?
take it on the ride, it will be good for the scoot and you. Do not baby the scoot. Ride it and ride it hard. The only thing is don't keep the throttle steady say at 50mph for long periods. Run it up to 80-90 mph and all the way back down to 30-40mph never hold the throttle steady for the first 5-600 miles.
+1 and as jimc said in another thread get in the hills if you can. that will help to keep you varying your rpms. have fun!
+2 and this is exactly how Loretta broke in, lots of hills and twisties, high and low speeds, and some city traffic too. And she is running like a top, no problems whatsoever. I say have at it and enjoy the trip!
@agolfertoo avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
MP3 400
Joined: UTC
Posts: 86
Location: Bothell, Washington
 
Enthusiast
@agolfertoo avatar
MP3 400
Joined: UTC
Posts: 86
Location: Bothell, Washington
UTC quote
Your new ride
Congrats...

What a beautiful ride from Bremerton up to Pt. Townsend then ferry rides back to Mukilteo. Maybe we can ride together some time.
UTC

Enthusiast
DEMON Black MP3 500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 84
Location: So. Cal
 
Enthusiast
DEMON Black MP3 500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 84
Location: So. Cal
UTC quote
Awesome Cedar! You obviously have great taste in Scoots! 8)
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee
 

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com


All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.


[ Time: 0.0339s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0108s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]