OP
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS 300ie

Ossessionato
GTS 300ie
UTC quote
Did the GTS ever come in other colors besides the current choices (silver, dark blue. black, red)? I really would have preferred a more eye popping/noticeable color than silver, and I don't really like red (that's me, no dis on anyone else's choice). I guess someday I will just get her repainted.

Are there any websites explaining what the modern/newer Vespa models come with (i.e. options, colors, engine sizes, etc)?
@drewteague avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@drewteague avatar
UTC quote
Vintage red (like burgundy) and yellow have since been discontinued.

For your second question, is vespausa.com too obvious? What else might you be looking for?
@munibonds avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2007 Vespa GTS 250

Molto Verboso
@munibonds avatar
2007 Vespa GTS 250
UTC quote
Colors
The GT model used to come in a dark plum color...someone on MZv had an orange one they repainted for sale recently. Right now. Red is about as eye popping as you will get.
OP
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS 300ie

Ossessionato
GTS 300ie
UTC quote
drewteague wrote:

For your second question, is vespausa.com too obvious? What else might you be looking for?
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I was referring to modern Vespas but not the current model year. For instance. what options, colors, etc. have been available on all model years of the GTS? This was either well documented or common knowledge for my BMW Z3. Cars can look at Edmunds, but I have not seen anything like this for motorcycles or scooters.
@nightwing avatar
UTC

Contributor
2007 LX 150 (memories)

Contributor
@nightwing avatar
2007 LX 150 (memories)
UTC quote
From our Wiki. Scroll down.
https://modernvespa.com/forum/wiki-gts-250
OP
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS 300ie

Ossessionato
GTS 300ie
UTC quote
Thanks. That was more like what I was looking for. I guess I should have known that it would be on the site somewhere. Next time, I will try to look a bit more.
@nightwing avatar
UTC

Contributor
2007 LX 150 (memories)

Contributor
@nightwing avatar
2007 LX 150 (memories)
UTC quote
soniam wrote:
Thanks. That was more like what I was looking for. I guess I should have known that it would be on the site somewhere. Next time, I will try to look a bit more.
Some subjects in the Wiki are difficult to find. This was actually a subset of Models Directory and then a subset of GTS. The only way I knew it existed was because I had found similar information digging for stuff about my LX.

There is a ton of good info in our Wiki. I would suggest browsing around now and then, so when the time comes for an answer, you have a good idea where to look.
UTC

Banned
GTS 250ie YELLOW N WHITE,Giallo Lime

Banned
UTC quote
Re: GTS colors
soniam wrote:
Did the GTS ever come in other colors besides the current choices (silver, dark blue. black, red)? I really would have preferred a more eye popping/noticeable color than silver, and I don't really like red (that's me, no dis on anyone else's choice). I guess someday I will just get her repainted.

Are there any websites explaining what the modern/newer Vespa models come with (i.e. options, colors, engine sizes, etc)?
IT COMES IN YELLOW Clown emoticon Clown emoticon
OP
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS 300ie

Ossessionato
GTS 300ie
UTC quote
I saw that on the wiki. Plus, I think I remember seeing it last year on the Vespa site for the 2008 models. Yellow is definitely eye catching, just not my thing.

I am thinking if I ever repaint my (it's silver now), I would go with Bianchi celeste green, maybe a metallic version. I think that might be colorful enough to get noticed.

BTW, I don't think you deserve 2.5 negative karma, so I gave you some good karma
UTC

Banned

Banned
UTC quote
This thumbs up or down has a flaw
With the negitive or positive who are the voters, why keep them in the dark? If I hit the thumbs down on someones post I would be proud to have my name there too instead of being unknown. I ran into an OBNOXIOUS post person but said nothing against him. Now I beleave it is that couweard that has raited me negitively. What an ass he is. ROFL emoticon
@nightwing avatar
UTC

Contributor
2007 LX 150 (memories)

Contributor
@nightwing avatar
2007 LX 150 (memories)
UTC quote
Re: This thumbs up or down has a flaw
YardSale wrote:
With the negitive or positive who are the voters, why keep them in the dark? If I hit the thumbs down on someones post I would be proud to have my name there too instead of being unknown. I ran into an OBNOXIOUS post person but said nothing against him. Now I beleave it is that couweard that has raited me negitively. What an ass he is. ROFL emoticon
Why did you post in this thread about colors? It belongs in one of the two Karma threads.

BTW, one negative vote isn't going to rack up a bunch of red circles.
@drewteague avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@drewteague avatar
UTC quote
soniam wrote:
drewteague wrote:

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I was referring to modern Vespas but not the current model year. For instance. what options, colors, etc. have been available on all model years of the GTS? This was either well documented or common knowledge for my BMW Z3. Cars can look at Edmunds, but I have not seen anything like this for motorcycles or scooters.
There is a site, Bikez.com that covers most of this type of stuff for motorcycles. I haven't looked up Vespas there though. The thing about it is that a model generally is pretty constant throughout its production, and changes aren't usually associated with the model year change, so it would be hard and messy to sort this type of thing out.

Color-wise, black 94, excalibur grey (light silver color) and dragon red were the first three production colors in 06. Vintage red came in for a VERY brief time shortly thereafter, and was dropped. Midnight blue came as an 07 color, as did a few yellows. Yellow was dropped, mid blue lives on. Excalibur grey was replaced by cortina grey, which most people see as basically identical. (there is a slight difference in the consistency of the metallic) Not too much else was changed on the GTS over the years. Other than a redesigned exhaust header, they resourced a couple parts, most of which are identical, some of which, like the LCD on the gauges, resulted in a slightly different font style. Is that the type of info you're looking for?
OP
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS 300ie

Ossessionato
GTS 300ie
UTC quote
After looking at the Wiki page, I see that they don't really change much on the models. That's a lot different than cars; however, there is a lot less to a scooter than a car. That's useful info. Thanks
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0283s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0045s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]