OP
@fuzzy avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
. . 2008 Blue MP3 400. . di Peluria Orso .... 1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 ....... 2013 Honda NC700XD; 2017 Versys X300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 6249
Location: South Cumberland Plateau in Tennessee
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fuzzy avatar
. . 2008 Blue MP3 400. . di Peluria Orso .... 1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 ....... 2013 Honda NC700XD; 2017 Versys X300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 6249
Location: South Cumberland Plateau in Tennessee
UTC quote
Luthorhuss shared that Diablo 120/70-12 front tires are on the Pirelli web site. My dealer can't get them and I can't find any on line.

Are they just vaporware for now?

Will we have to wait for a year like we did for the 12" Michelin Gold tires?

Does anyone know a source for them in the U.S. now?
@mjm50cal avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Red MP3 500 RUBY DRAGON
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2626
Location: Northern CA
 
Ossessionato
@mjm50cal avatar
Red MP3 500 RUBY DRAGON
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2626
Location: Northern CA
UTC quote
I'd go with the 130/70-12. Are those available?
OP
@fuzzy avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
. . 2008 Blue MP3 400. . di Peluria Orso .... 1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 ....... 2013 Honda NC700XD; 2017 Versys X300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 6249
Location: South Cumberland Plateau in Tennessee
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fuzzy avatar
. . 2008 Blue MP3 400. . di Peluria Orso .... 1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 ....... 2013 Honda NC700XD; 2017 Versys X300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 6249
Location: South Cumberland Plateau in Tennessee
UTC quote
mjm50cal wrote:
I'd go with the 130/70-12. Are those available?
They have rear 130/70-12 available and I ran one on my 250. I dont think they have the fronts available. Also the larger size reeuces 1/2" fender clearance to 1/4" or less.
@old_as_dirt avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 GTS
Joined: UTC
Posts: 22418
Location: Harriman, Tennessee, Tn
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@old_as_dirt avatar
2007 GTS
Joined: UTC
Posts: 22418
Location: Harriman, Tennessee, Tn
UTC quote
Fuzzy wrote:
mjm50cal wrote:
I'd go with the 130/70-12. Are those available?
They have rear 130/70-12 available and I ran one on my 250. I dont think they have the fronts available. Also the larger size reeuces 1/2" fender clearance to 1/4" or less.
the fender clearance shouldn't be a biggie as it is fixed and moves with the suspension. the larger size might even help out some on the speedo mph error.
OP
@fuzzy avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
. . 2008 Blue MP3 400. . di Peluria Orso .... 1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 ....... 2013 Honda NC700XD; 2017 Versys X300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 6249
Location: South Cumberland Plateau in Tennessee
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fuzzy avatar
. . 2008 Blue MP3 400. . di Peluria Orso .... 1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 ....... 2013 Honda NC700XD; 2017 Versys X300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 6249
Location: South Cumberland Plateau in Tennessee
UTC quote
old as dirt wrote:
Fuzzy wrote:
mjm50cal wrote:
I'd go with the 130/70-12. Are those available?
They have rear 130/70-12 available and I ran one on my 250. I dont think they have the fronts available. Also the larger size reeuces 1/2" fender clearance to 1/4" or less.
the fender clearance shouldn't be a biggie as it is fixed and moves with the suspension. the larger size might even help out some on the speedo mph error.
What about putting a tire designed for the rear on the front?
@mjm50cal avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Red MP3 500 RUBY DRAGON
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2626
Location: Northern CA
 
Ossessionato
@mjm50cal avatar
Red MP3 500 RUBY DRAGON
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2626
Location: Northern CA
UTC quote
I thought I read in another thread the 130s were available for the front specifically.
OP
@fuzzy avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
. . 2008 Blue MP3 400. . di Peluria Orso .... 1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 ....... 2013 Honda NC700XD; 2017 Versys X300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 6249
Location: South Cumberland Plateau in Tennessee
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fuzzy avatar
. . 2008 Blue MP3 400. . di Peluria Orso .... 1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 ....... 2013 Honda NC700XD; 2017 Versys X300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 6249
Location: South Cumberland Plateau in Tennessee
UTC quote
mjm50cal wrote:
I thought I read in another thread the 130s were available for the front specifically.
Pirelli's web site only lists the 120 for a front tire and 130 for a back tire. Other brands have 130 fronts.
@mjm50cal avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Red MP3 500 RUBY DRAGON
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2626
Location: Northern CA
 
Ossessionato
@mjm50cal avatar
Red MP3 500 RUBY DRAGON
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2626
Location: Northern CA
UTC quote
Fuzzy wrote:
mjm50cal wrote:
I thought I read in another thread the 130s were available for the front specifically.
Pirelli's web site only lists the 120 for a front tire and 130 for a back tire. Other brands have 130 fronts.
Sorry, my misunderstanding.
@old_as_dirt avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 GTS
Joined: UTC
Posts: 22418
Location: Harriman, Tennessee, Tn
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@old_as_dirt avatar
2007 GTS
Joined: UTC
Posts: 22418
Location: Harriman, Tennessee, Tn
UTC quote
Fuzzy wrote:
old as dirt wrote:
Fuzzy wrote:
mjm50cal wrote:
I'd go with the 130/70-12. Are those available?
They have rear 130/70-12 available and I ran one on my 250. I dont think they have the fronts available. Also the larger size reeuces 1/2" fender clearance to 1/4" or less.
the fender clearance shouldn't be a biggie as it is fixed and moves with the suspension. the larger size might even help out some on the speedo mph error.
What about putting a tire designed for the rear on the front?
the tread patterns would probably not be the best for handling, and the rubber compounds are probably a little harder for the rears than fronts.
While size wise it could be done I wouldn't reccomend it.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee
 

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com


All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.


[ Time: 0.0314s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0051s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]