A small group of very intrepid riders left from Louisville, Ky yesterday about 10 am and after making a few stops in town headed up to Indiana. This was the cheese ride for one reason. Every stop on the ride was at some unique place that made and/or sold cheese. I forgot to take any pics at our first stop which was a new scooter shop in Louisville so on the the Indiana stops.
We started the day at Dizzy Whizz in downtown Louisville. I was riding with Kelly on the red Majesty with his friend Kat and Vince on the black Burgman. That's my white S 150 there being dwarfed...lol
We started the day at Dizzy Whizz in downtown Louisville. I was riding with Kelly on the red Majesty with his friend Kat and Vince on the black Burgman. That's my white S 150 there being dwarfed...lol
From there it was off to Joe Hubers, a great restaurant and farm. Oh and farm store too where I bought my cheese, cinnamon bread, and pear butter.
From there it was off to Joe Hubers, a great restaurant and farm. Oh and farm store too where I bought my cheese, cinnamon bread, and pear butter.
The big pond at Hubers. A cloudy day but not a drop of rain hit us. Well at least in Indiana.
The big pond at Hubers. A cloudy day but not a drop of rain hit us. Well at least in Indiana.
Then on the Brewers in Borden, Indiana where Kelly was in search of Wisconsin sharp cheddar cheese. I should have taken a pic of that log of cheese...lol
Then on the Brewers in Borden, Indiana where Kelly was in search of Wisconsin sharp cheddar cheese. I should have taken a pic of that log of cheese...lol
We rode all the way to Salem, Indiana but couldn't find our final cheese destination. So we headed back for home by the scenic route. My bum became numb so we made a roadside stop.
We rode all the way to Salem, Indiana but couldn't find our final cheese destination. So we headed back for home by the scenic route. My bum became numb so we made a roadside stop.
Another pic from the roadside stop. Yes it was cloudy and getting cool. Nice time to have good liners and heated glove liners when riding.
Another pic from the roadside stop. Yes it was cloudy and getting cool. Nice time to have good liners and heated glove liners when riding.
Our final stop of the day before heading back home. Arni's Pizza in Floyd Knobs, Indiana. We all needed to rest and warm up a bit before the final part of the ride. And the pizza was very good.
Our final stop of the day before heading back home. Arni's Pizza in Floyd Knobs, Indiana. We all needed to rest and warm up a bit before the final part of the ride. And the pizza was very good.