@justjoe avatar
UTC

Hooked
2004 ET4

Hooked
@justjoe avatar
2004 ET4
UTC quote
Today was a perfect weather day (temps in the 70s-80s and clear) so I decided to take a nice long ride with no particular destination in mind. I wanted to check out what was to the west of me so I took a trip along the Mulholland Highway to the Pacific.

The road has something for everyone. If you like open stretches where you can run wide open, you can do that (I got the Fly to indicate 65mph). If you like twisties, there are lots of those. If you like scenery, there is lots of that.

When I reached the Pacific Coast Highway I opted to head south towards Malibu and Santa Monica. A nice section of road where I could just cruise without a care in the world. Back home through Beverly Glen in early rush hour traffic.

Google Maps says I went about 87 miles.

Click for the map:http://tinyurl.com/y8s8vof
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@masala avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@masala avatar
UTC quote
Sounds like it was a great ride! It was a beautiful day up here in the Bay Area, as well, though not as warm.
@gbaby avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Modern Primavera (not pictured); Moto Guzzi V-85 TT

Molto Verboso
@gbaby avatar
Modern Primavera (not pictured); Moto Guzzi V-85 TT
UTC quote
That looks like a really nice ride. I ride on Mulholland Drive, between Cahuenga Pass and Sepulveda Pass, but I've never been over on the Highway section on a scooter. I'm going to have to try it soon. Thanks.
OP
@justjoe avatar
UTC

Hooked
2004 ET4

Hooked
@justjoe avatar
2004 ET4
UTC quote
GBaby wrote:
That looks like a really nice ride. I ride on Mulholland Drive, between Cahuenga Pass and Sepulveda Pass, but I've never been over on the Highway section on a scooter. I'm going to have to try it soon. Thanks.
That's a nice stretch of road as well (except that it's partially shut down due to storm damage).

The west end (west of Calabasas) is fun on a 150. Plus as an added treat you get to ride on the PCH at the far end.
@ericalm avatar
UTC

Wiki Moderator
LX 190, Aurora Blue + Stella FOUR STROKE FURY! + '87 Helix

Wiki Moderator
@ericalm avatar
LX 190, Aurora Blue + Stella FOUR STROKE FURY! + '87 Helix
UTC quote
Great report! This is one of my favorite local routes. We do it or a version of it every month or so during the summer with the LA Scooter Group. I never get tired of riding out there!

One of my favorite times out there was during the week, on my own, on day last fall. The roads were completely empty, so it was just me, the scoot, and the scenery.

Hm, maybe I'll schedule a ride for May...
OP
@justjoe avatar
UTC

Hooked
2004 ET4

Hooked
@justjoe avatar
2004 ET4
UTC quote
ericalm wrote:
Great report! This is one of my favorite local routes. We do it or a version of it every month or so during the summer with the LA Scooter Group. I never get tired of riding out there!

One of my favorite times out there was during the week, on my own, on day last fall. The roads were completely empty, so it was just me, the scoot, and the scenery.

Hm, maybe I'll schedule a ride for May...
I guess that is one of the joys of my ongoing underemployment... weekday rides. I encountered little traffic west of Calabasas.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0366s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0123s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]