@ataritron avatar
UTC

Hooked
GT200

Hooked
@ataritron avatar
GT200
UTC quote
I ride my Vespa GT200 year round here in Florida as a commuter vehicle (20 miles each way). During the winter some mornings get down to 35 degrees F. I really have to put the layers on and I wear gloves inside of mittens, a face mask, and heavy boots. I get a little cold by the end of the ride, but nothing to bad. I wear wind proof gear as the outer layer and have found that this is the key to winter riding.

And about my tires. I just put a Kenda Sport tire on the rear. It looks beefy and makes for a great winter tire for the GT. It is a bit noisy at high sppeds, but grips the road well and has saved me from a few slides. It also seems to be wearing longer than the Pirelli with better handling. Is it bad form to put a chinese tire on an italian bike? I say whatever works well and these babies look tough!
@demonlarry avatar
UTC

Hooked
too many to list

Hooked
@demonlarry avatar
too many to list
UTC quote
did I hear sticky, better than pirelli, and great winter tire in the same sentence as Kenda?

just wondering

-larry
@jerryg avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2005 Dragon Red Vespa ET4 Speedster

Ossessionato
@jerryg avatar
UTC quote
I really have to put the layers on and I wear gloves inside of mittens, a face mask, and heavy boots. I get a little cold by the end of the ride, but nothing to bad. I wear wind proof gear as the outer layer and have found that this is the key to winter riding.

Dude, you've got to post a pic of you in your winter gear, freezing your ass off riding around Florida Laughing emoticon Do you really need winter tires if it only gets down to 35 degrees (in the morning!!).

I'd probably keep the pirellis and buy a set of chains for 'em

Just yankin' yours.

Peace...
OP
@ataritron avatar
UTC

Hooked
GT200

Hooked
@ataritron avatar
GT200
UTC quote
Floridians get cold when the temperature drops below 70, what can I say, we are wimps.

Oh, and yes, the kendas are doing great, they work well in rainy conditions too. I was just making a winter tire suggestion for the folks up north.
@addicted avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Consume Less & Share More

Ossessionato
@addicted avatar
Consume Less & Share More
UTC quote
Don't take us too seriously ataritron. We're all good folk. We want that picture though. Seriously dude. Laughing emoticon

Where are you located in Florida ataritron? I worked in Altamonte Springs and Maitland for a bit. On the weekends, I would drive 180 miles down to Singer Island, to SCUBA on the 3 Little Devils dive boat. Do you SCUBA ataritron?
@jerryg avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@jerryg avatar
UTC quote
Just being sarcastic, and a bit jealous.

But we need the picture, with palm trees and the ocean and sand and beach volleyball and....
OP
@ataritron avatar
UTC

Hooked
GT200

Hooked
@ataritron avatar
GT200
UTC quote
I will try to get someone to snap a picture of me in my full gear. I live in Titusville. I am not a scuba diver, but would like to learn. Anyone else used Kenda tires on the GT?
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0272s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0027s) ][ Debug on ][ 309 ][ Thing One ]