@bagel avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2010 Vespa GTS 300, 2007 Vespa GTS 250, 2007 Vespa GTV, 2010 Stella 4T #3, and a bunch of broke down vintage scoots

Ossessionato
@bagel avatar
2010 Vespa GTS 300, 2007 Vespa GTS 250, 2007 Vespa GTV, 2010 Stella 4T #3, and a bunch of broke down vintage scoots
UTC quote
I'd like to clarify one thing about my previous post. It has come to my attention that some people are concerned that I was referring specifically to SF Classic in my comments, but that was not the case. Specifically, the comment about modern riders not being welcome at the bar happened at a different rally I went to, over two years ago. My comments were referring to "vintage only" rallies in general, which I've seen as a growing trend over the past 2-3 years that I personally take issue with, and which I see as divisive and destructive to the scooter scene as a whole.

FWIW, I will say that it broke my heart to see that trend include SF Classic (a.k.a. Kings Classic), which had always been one of my favorite rallies. Those guys do a hell of a job putting on a great rally, I just think it sucks that people who ride modern bikes are not welcome there anymore. Of course, that's their choice and I have no say in it, but I hope that they'll be willing to reconsider that decision in the future.
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
UTC quote
bagel: Well said!
@steven_d avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS 250

Hooked
@steven_d avatar
GTS 250
UTC quote
jimc wrote:
Humbug - I'll ride with any sort of bike - not every sort of rider though. Some riders should carry warning stickers...
Now that I can understand. Where I live, I can't afford to discriminate
about what kind of scooter you ride. There's not enough of them as it is!
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS 300ie

Ossessionato
GTS 300ie
UTC quote
There will be at Amerivespa next year
@theoz avatar
UTC

Sir Frets-A-Lot
Vespa GT250ie/L, Honda Ruckus 50, Honda NT700V, Honda CB125

Sir Frets-A-Lot
@theoz avatar
UTC quote
bagel wrote:
I'd like to clarify one thing about my previous post. It has come to my attention that some people are concerned that I was referring specifically to SF Classic in my comments, but that was not the case. Specifically, the comment about modern riders not being welcome at the bar happened at a different rally I went to, over two years ago. My comments were referring to "vintage only" rallies in general, which I've seen as a growing trend over the past 2-3 years that I personally take issue with, and which I see as divisive and destructive to the scooter scene as a whole.

FWIW, I will say that it broke my heart to see that trend include SF Classic (a.k.a. Kings Classic), which had always been one of my favorite rallies. Those guys do a hell of a job putting on a great rally, I just think it sucks that people who ride modern bikes are not welcome there anymore. Of course, that's their choice and I have no say in it, but I hope that they'll be willing to reconsider that decision in the future.
it has been said on this board that when the Rally Kings ran it, it was all vintage, and that's the way it's been. In other words, it's gone back to it's original form. This was said by someone defending the change.

I also believe this to be historically inaccurate. If I recall correctly, the last year it was ran by the Rally Kings, TNG was a sponsor and there was actually a TNG offered as a raffle bike. Of course, TNGs were super, super plastic.

The past is what you remember it to be though, I suppose.
@mike_z avatar
UTC

Addicted
1958 Lambretta LI 190, 1968 Vespa Rally 180, 2005 Sym HD200

Addicted
@mike_z avatar
1958 Lambretta LI 190, 1968 Vespa Rally 180, 2005 Sym HD200
UTC quote
TheO.Z. wrote:
it has been said on this board that when the Rally Kings ran it, it was all vintage, and that's the way it's been. In other words, it's gone back to it's original form. This was said by someone defending the change.

I also believe this to be historically inaccurate. If I recall correctly, the last year it was ran by the Rally Kings, TNG was a sponsor and there was actually a TNG offered as a raffle bike. Of course, TNGs were super, super plastic.

the first Modern Vespa was raffled off at Kings Classic
@theoz avatar
UTC

Sir Frets-A-Lot

Sir Frets-A-Lot
@theoz avatar
UTC quote
Mike Z wrote:
TheO.Z. wrote:

Always find it interesting what's convenient to forget or ignore to make a point, right..?

oh well. Whatever. Just felt like it might be a good idea to remember sometimes. Not that it matters to me, I have a P, whatever. *shrug*
@cipote avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Current: 1976 150 Sprint V Previous: VS5 GS 150, 1974 Rally 200, 2005 GT 200

Molto Verboso
@cipote avatar
Current: 1976 150 Sprint V Previous: VS5 GS 150, 1974 Rally 200, 2005 GT 200
UTC quote
TheO.Z. wrote:
Mike Z wrote:
TheO.Z. wrote:

Always find it interesting what's convenient to forget or ignore to make a point, right..?

oh well. Whatever. Just felt like it might be a good idea to remember sometimes. Not that it matters to me, I have a P, whatever. *shrug*
and the primavera ( think it was a prima) you won at ROM
@theoz avatar
UTC

Sir Frets-A-Lot

Sir Frets-A-Lot
@theoz avatar
UTC quote
I won my P at RoM, the. Helped out with 2010's RoM via my V9A which Buglake won.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0166s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0064s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]