@justjoe avatar
UTC

Hooked
2004 ET4

Hooked
@justjoe avatar
2004 ET4
UTC quote
My Fly is about ready to roll over to 10,000, which means I'm about to hit the big 5k. On my ride home today I thought it would be cool to make this particular scooter one that can only be ridden for 5,000 miles before it gets traded back to VSO. Then someone else gets it for 5k and they have to trade it in. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Of course the new owner HAS to make it a daily rider since the first owner put 5,300 miles on it in about 5-6 months and I will have put similar mileage on it by the end of this month.

Well, I guess I should start holding up liquor stores so I can make this happen.
@angelic avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
Vespa GTS 250 and GTS 300

Enthusiast
@angelic avatar
UTC quote
I think you should instead see how many miles you can get on it before you HAVE to get a new one Laughing emoticon

My Vespa is my baby- there is no way I would trade it in because of the odometer reading, but that's just me
OP
@justjoe avatar
UTC

Hooked
2004 ET4

Hooked
@justjoe avatar
2004 ET4
UTC quote
Sundown wrote:
I think you should instead see how many miles you can get on it before you HAVE to get a new one Laughing emoticon

My Vespa is my baby- there is no way I would trade it in because of the odometer reading, but that's just me
Well, in this particular circumstance David and Lonnie KNOW that I'm gunning for a GTS. I think that's what it was traded in for in the first place. Am I right?
@angelic avatar
UTC

Enthusiast

Enthusiast
@angelic avatar
UTC quote
OH! If you are getting a GTS that changes everything- hurry up and trade that thing in! Do you have a certain year/color in mind yet?
@inkslinger42 avatar
UTC

Gimp
'07 GTV , '08 Stella

Gimp
@inkslinger42 avatar
'07 GTV , '08 Stella
UTC quote
isn't it funny how 10k on a car is considered barely broken in and on a scoot it's time to get a new one? heheheh..
@phuocsandiego avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Former owner of an ET4, GTS 250, BV 500, and Buddy 150

Molto Verboso
@phuocsandiego avatar
Former owner of an ET4, GTS 250, BV 500, and Buddy 150
UTC quote
inkslinger42 wrote:
isn't it funny how 10k on a car is considered barely broken in and on a scoot it's time to get a new one? heheheh..
That's so true! I'm going to try my darndest to see how long I can run my GTS for. 4800 miles (1100 by me) and counting.
OP
@justjoe avatar
UTC

Hooked
2004 ET4

Hooked
@justjoe avatar
2004 ET4
UTC quote
inkslinger42 wrote:
Some owners have had their scooters for years and haven't put 10,000 miles on them. This one has been on the road for a year. More than anything else I think it would be hilarious to see this particular scooter show up on the sidewalk at VSO every six months as a trade in.

I've thought about keeping the Fly, but right now multiple scooter ownership doesn't work for me right now.

I opened the pet carrier on a showroom GTS the other day and fell in LOVE. It has SOOOO much space vs what I have right now.
@witch avatar
UTC

Moderatrice Strega

Moderatrice Strega
@witch avatar
UTC quote
Good luck with your impending trade-up.

I had my little kitted Scarabeo for around 16k miles. Had to have the entire top end re-built on it (I rode pretty agressively in LA). But it was a great little bike. I miss that thing.
@raputtak avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2016 GTS 300 Super - red, of course.

Ossessionato
@raputtak avatar
2016 GTS 300 Super - red, of course.
UTC quote
inkslinger42 wrote:
Heck, when I was a wee laddie, my 150 Sportique had 40,000 miles on it. I put on 20,000 of them in a couple of years. Back and forth between Torquay and Salford.

Sold it only to get a BSA 650 with a two-adult sidecar for a growing family.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0099s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0018s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]