OP
UTC

Enthusiast

Enthusiast
UTC quote
Morning everyone!

Hope you're all enjoying riding in this beautiful weather as much as I am! Enjoy it while it lasts I say!

Anyway...I was just wondering, well hoping, that you wonderful people might be able to help with a few issues I have with my 2T LX50. Normally, a tank of petrol lasts me around 4 days, but since this week, a full tank has only lasted me 2 days (I've filled up twice already)?

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening all of a sudden? All I can think of is the tyre pressure? I checked it and the front was 24 PSI, the back 30 PSI. From memory, the back seemed a bit low so I adjusted the pressure to 34 PSI. Will see how the fuel consumption is. Does anyone know what the recommended pressure for an LX50 2T is for 2 UP Riding? I'm worried 34 PSI might be a bit high?

Does anyone have any other idea's as to why my fuel consumption has suddenly increased?

Also, another worrying thing is that my brakes are playing up...not good! Sometimes, out of the blue, my front brake lever goes completely loose! If you leave it for a few seconds (without braking) then it suddenly tightens up again, allowing you to brake. Anyone have any idea's why this is? Could it be the Brake Fluid? Brake Hose? Brake Line?

Any help would be MUCH appreciated!!!

THANKS
@gtdespatchcourier avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GTS 300ie

Molto Verboso
@gtdespatchcourier avatar
GTS 300ie
UTC quote
look thru the window on the front of the brake reservoir to check the fluid level - may neeed a top up. Make sure the bike is level before doing this.

might want to clean and re-oil your air-filter and put in clean spark plug before investigating MPG issues. (and also ensure tyres are at correct pressure)
OP
UTC

Enthusiast

Enthusiast
UTC quote
Brilliant!

I'm hoping it's just the brake fluid!

thanks soo much
@dooglas avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@dooglas avatar
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125
UTC quote
Days / tank is a somewhat rough measure of fuel consumption. You mentioned that you ride two up sometimes. You should expect that will result in increased fuel use.
OP
UTC

Enthusiast

Enthusiast
UTC quote
Hi!

Thanks for the reply

Sorry, I should of mentioned that I only really use my Vespa for commuting into Central London. I know the fuel consumption has gotten worse as I do the same route everyday and drop my girlfriend off on the way.
@max_slaine avatar
UTC

Hooked
2005 ET4

Hooked
@max_slaine avatar
2005 ET4
UTC quote
nickybwild wrote:
Hi!

Thanks for the reply

Sorry, I should of mentioned that I only really use my Vespa for commuting into Central London. I know the fuel consumption has gotten worse as I do the same route everyday and drop my girlfriend off on the way.
Perhaps it's running rich and you need to adjust the fuel to air mix on the carb?
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0104s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0036s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]