OP
UTC

GT 200

GT 200
UTC quote
The feul line started to leak. I replaced it, then the problem started. The bike runs out of feul as soon as you go over 80km/h.

I then replaced the feul filter and all the feul pipes. Cleaned out the carb but no luck.

The inner diamater of the feul pipe is 6mm where the old one was 5mm. Can this be the problem.
@papa_smurf avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GTS250ie, ET4

Molto Verboso
@papa_smurf avatar
GTS250ie, ET4
UTC quote
Check out the fuel tap
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
UTC quote
The replacement line needs to be the exact size of the one that was originally on the scooter. Yes, this could very well be your problem. Change it and see what happens. If you still experience the problem after putting the correct size fuel line back in place then check your fuel tap for leaks.
@atlgts avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS 250 i.e. "Silver Bullet"

Hooked
@atlgts avatar
GTS 250 i.e. "Silver Bullet"
UTC quote
XLR8 wrote:
The replacement line needs to be the exact size of the one that was originally on the scooter. Yes, this could very well be your problem. Change it and see what happens. If you still experience the problem after putting the correct size fuel line back in place then check your fuel tap for leaks.
+1

I've had this happen to me on my boat once. Changed the fuel line to the correct one, and the problem stopped.
OP
UTC

GT 200

GT 200
UTC quote
XLR8 wrote:
Thanks. Problem solved. I replaced the pipe with a thinner pipe and routed it exactly as original.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0091s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0015s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]