OP
UTC

GTS 250ie, Px150 Americana

UTC quote
I have a GTS 250ie that is stalling when it is hot out. I already disconnected the evap hose, cleaned the air filter, and swapped out the fuel pump thinking it was bad. When I removed the underseat box, it sometimes starts, and after it cools down, it will start. ideas???!!!
@atlgts avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS 250 i.e. "Silver Bullet"

Hooked
@atlgts avatar
GTS 250 i.e. "Silver Bullet"
UTC quote
Sorry to ask the obvious, but did you remove the entire evap system (i.e. plug the hole that goes into the Fuel Injector Case, and disconnect the that runs from the top of the gas filler pipe tha truns into the tip-over valve and the cannister)? Sounds like there is still pressure building up inside the gas tank...
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
UTC quote
atlgts wrote:
Sorry to ask the obvious, but did you remove the entire evap system (i.e. plug the hole that goes into the Fuel Injector Case, and disconnect the that runs from the top of the gas filler pipe tha truns into the tip-over valve and the cannister)? Sounds like there is still pressure building up inside the gas tank...
+1..............
@harvey avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2016 Honda NC750XD, 2007 GTS (sold),

Ossessionato
@harvey avatar
2016 Honda NC750XD, 2007 GTS (sold),
UTC quote
Is it showing the check engine light before it stalls? I wonder if the ECU is detecting a fault which is causing it to shut the motor down.
OP
UTC

UTC quote
Stalls
Yes, I plugged the hose that goes into the fuel injector, and put on a new hose that I ran to the bottom.

I checked to see if I was getting a spark. I am not. I replaced the coil and the GTS still stalled.
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
UTC quote
May be a fault in the ECU. You're going to need to hook it up to the diagnostic tool to find out what's going on. Good luck!
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
UTC quote
The plug itself is a long-shot, but quick and cheap to replace. I'd be thinking much more of other connections that might go open circuit when hot - could even be the ECU.
@quig avatar
UTC

Hooked
black GTS250 and Suzuki V-Strom

Hooked
@quig avatar
black GTS250 and Suzuki V-Strom
UTC quote
jimc wrote:
The plug itself is a long-shot, but quick and cheap to replace. I'd be thinking much more of other connections that might go open circuit when hot - could even be the ECU.
+1 I had a situation like this last year where my GTS would misfire and die once it was all warmed up. I replaced the spark plug with an Iridium plug and all was well. BTW, sometimes vibration causes the plug wire to loosen, and that also will cause misfiring and dying.
@grscum avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2012 BMW G650GS, 2006 GTS,

Ossessionato
@grscum avatar
2012 BMW G650GS, 2006 GTS,
UTC quote
Check what others have posted above, but a valve adjustment might be in order too. Engine warms up, metal expands, tolerances get tighter valves stay open, and compression goes down.... Just a thought.
OP
UTC

UTC quote
Do you really think it needs a valve adjustment with just 4000 miles?

I took a CDI off another GTS i have and it is not stalling - but then it is also not as hot. I'm going ot see if the GTS i took it from stalls - if so, then voila! If not, UGH.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0120s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0046s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]