@munibonds avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2007 Vespa GTS 250

Molto Verboso
@munibonds avatar
2007 Vespa GTS 250
UTC quote
I am selling my bike at this time but want to know "where were all these great deals when I was in the market to buy a Vespa"...I don't ever recall seeing GTS' selling at $2,600 - $4,500 dollars depending on the mileage and condition...there are some GREAT deals out there right now!!! I guess a touch economy will do that.
@atlgts avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS 250 i.e. "Silver Bullet"

Hooked
@atlgts avatar
GTS 250 i.e. "Silver Bullet"
UTC quote
Yep - I picked up mine a couple of months ago with a bunch of extra's for $3k. I'm glad I'm not selling anything now...
OP
@munibonds avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2007 Vespa GTS 250

Molto Verboso
@munibonds avatar
2007 Vespa GTS 250
UTC quote
GTS
atlgts wrote:
Yep - I picked up mine a couple of months ago with a bunch of extra's for $3k. I'm glad I'm not selling anything now...
Fortunately, I don't HAVE to sell mine now...just wanted to..I will wait it out until the market turns back a bit...if I were to sell for mid 3K range, can't imagine it would be much worse in a few months or even a year from now...I just want the room in my garage...not the worst thing in the world...I will keep the bike on the battery tender for now.
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
UTC quote
You are soooooooooo right! A couple of years ago, used inventory was almost non-existent and when you could find a used GTS, the price was only several hundred dollars less than a new one. Now, times have changed. I was going to sell my GTV several months ago but after a couple of low ball offers, I took it off the market and I'll just keep it until I croak or can't ride anymore............and then, I'll give it to one of my children (who are all adults). Same with our GTS. There is the distinct possibility that if gas goes to $4 a gallon (or higher) that prices could suddenly rise for used, clean Vespas but that's just an educated guess.
@karmann avatar
UTC

Hooked
2007 Avio Grey GTV

Hooked
@karmann avatar
2007 Avio Grey GTV
UTC quote
Compared to a couple of years ago, a lot has changed:

The economy tanked
Gas got cheaper
There is used inventory available

A few years ago, the oldest GTS was only a year or two old. People just weren't selling them yet. The only problem with holding on to them with the intention of selling later is that (like any other vehicle) they go down in value with age.
@el_jefe avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa sold and gone

Hooked
@el_jefe avatar
Vespa sold and gone
UTC quote
Karmann wrote:
The only problem with holding on to them with the intention of selling later is that (like any other vehicle) they go down in value with age.
Probably, but in 1960 a new GS could be had for about $1,800 (inflation adjusted). In good condition it would fetch 2x-3x that today. Of course (a) few, if any, modern Vespa models will have the enduring appeal of the GS 150 and (b) who wants to wait 50 years to sell?
@santiago avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Vespa GTS

Ossessionato
@santiago avatar
Vespa GTS
UTC quote
These are leftovers that people bought when gas hit 4+/Gal.

They thought they would save a ton of cash but never got into riding them. Gas is down a dollar an they got back in their cases and are selling off the toys.

I knew this would happen. They will buy them up again when fuel prices spike the next time.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0121s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0039s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]