@sterling avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
et3 & primavera

Enthusiast
@sterling avatar
et3 & primavera
UTC quote
I have been lurking for far too long - time to step out of the shadows. I ride around boston on smallframe vespa's. currently I am in the middle of replacing a throttle cable and it is giving me hell If any body wants to maybe give a hand with this one - dinner and beer is one me. what a pain in the ass these things are - but we all know how worth it is. anyway, I love this forum.
OP
@sterling avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
et3 & primavera

Enthusiast
@sterling avatar
et3 & primavera
UTC quote
I meant to say dinner is ON me. 8)
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
UTC quote
Welcome!

Celtics fan here...my heart sunk last night but whatever.

This will be a huge help for you:

http://smallframes.com/

Check out the tech section and you will be on your scoot riding around in no time.
@xantufrog avatar
UTC

Moderibbit
1980 P200E - "Old Rusty", 1976 ET3 Primavera

Moderibbit
@xantufrog avatar
1980 P200E - "Old Rusty", 1976 ET3 Primavera
UTC quote
Hey mate, it's rare to see a northeaster like you on the forum! Welcome! Hit me up if you want to go for a ride
UTC

nothing at all

nothing at all
UTC quote
i like to remove the speedo as well as the lamp

the throttle cable is pretty skinny so be sure to have the right size

if your keeping the outer then thats cool, lyth the cable and feed thru from the carb end first(so the soldered nipple is at the carb end), turn adjuster all the way in on the carb and slip the nipple on to the throttle arm

the bitter end should be at the headset, you will find it easier to if you clip exses after you slip on the barrel lock

pull the slack,not to hard(helps if a buddy pushes on the idle screw so it is touching the carb body)tighten the barrel lock, if there is to much play in the throttle turn then unscrew adjuster(i have about an 1/8th to a 1/4 play in the throttle

clip exsess from the barrel

good luck
OP
@sterling avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
et3 & primavera

Enthusiast
@sterling avatar
et3 & primavera
UTC quote
The outer is still in - so thats good. the speedo is out. the problem is that the end at the headset is not properly lined up with the slot - not to mention the fact that I dont have the right cable Once I get my hands on the right cable - i will give it another shot. I am replacing the cable because it was stcking. I had cruise control for a while 8)
UTC

nothing at all

nothing at all
UTC quote
sterling wrote:
The outer is still in - so thats good. the speedo is out. the problem is that the end at the headset is not properly lined up with the slot - not to mention the fact that I dont have the right cable Once I get my hands on the right cable - i will give it another shot. I am replacing the cable because it was stcking. I had cruise control for a while 8)
not unusual for a smallframe

everything has to be just right for a smooth glide

i'm not suggeting this, just that when my cable broke i needed to get the bike back on the road for work

i went to high end bicycle shop with my old cable and the guys matched it with a slightly smaller guage cable with the nipple at one end

what a difference and bullet proof

i am not suggesting that anybody use anything other than a proper cable from their scooter shop

if you have the time just order a full set from max at motorsport, they are the proper lengths and guage-25 bucks for the lot
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0148s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0063s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]