OP
UTC

Hooked
2005 gt200

Hooked
2005 gt200
UTC quote
Okay, I think I am officially suffering from scooter withdrawl. Have not ridden in over a month and a half, there's no snow to ski or snowshoe on and looking longingly at the scoot in the garage just ain't cutting it.

Any suggestions?
@robardin avatar
UTC

Hooked
Black '06 Piaggio BV500; Black '05 Vespa GT200 (sold)

Hooked
@robardin avatar
UTC quote
If there's no snow/ice on the road... Why aren't you riding?

The weather in Albany looks to be about the same as it currently is down here in NYC... about 40 degrees. It's fine for riding!

Get on some longjohns under your pants, a full face helmet, some good gloves and a jacket with an insulated liner, and get out there, dude!
@bvbob avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
'95 Yamaha Riva 125- '05 Piaggio BV200-'05 Honda Reflex-'08 Honda Metropolitan

Molto Verboso
@bvbob avatar
'95 Yamaha Riva 125- '05 Piaggio BV200-'05 Honda Reflex-'08 Honda Metropolitan
UTC quote
Re: Scooter withdrawl
ek wrote:
Okay, I think I am officially suffering from scooter withdrawl. Have not ridden in over a month and a half, there's no snow to ski or snowshoe on and looking longingly at the scoot in the garage just ain't cutting it.

Any suggestions?
If your scoot is winterized fight the urge! Take up knitting, boxing, ice hockey, whatever to keep your mind off the scooter Laughing emoticon . From what I've read, (and have been told from seasoned motorcyclists) it's not the best thing to do (short ride-short time use) if the bikes going to be layed up for a while during bad weather. I go out and uncover mine and move it around inside the garage and touch-up the wax job. This usually gets it out of my system for awhile. Last year I started riding in mid February during a good weather spell since I knew that in a few weeks at the most the weather would be changing for the better permanently. - Hope this helped.
OP
UTC

Hooked
2005 gt200

Hooked
2005 gt200
UTC quote
Thanks Vic, you talked me down.

I usually start riding around March where I live. I live near the Vermont/Mass border - not Albany - and the weather changes quickly - usually for the worst. So, even with the cold weather gear, snowy and icy roads are apt to pop up without much warning. Plus, by the time I get home from work, it is dark. I don't want to hit a large land mammal such as a deer or moose. I don't think they have those in Flushing ('') The family needs me intact with all facultties in working order.
@robardin avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@robardin avatar
UTC quote
Hey EK,

I hear ya. I just sort of assumed "Upstate NY" == "Albany area", since most scooterists are urban type folk. Meeting up with a deer or moose on the road at night () would be seriously unfun even in a full size car...

Maybe a computer simulated virtual ride could take the edge off. Isn't it possible to get on a scooter and ride around in Grand Theft Auto 3?
@tfauch avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@tfauch avatar
UTC quote
Out for a chilly ride
I was out for a ride for about an hour yesterday. It was great after a month or so with nothing at all. I came into the house from work around 3:30 and you would think I just robbed a bank and came home to get some things so I could get the hell out of town. I wanted to ride while the sun was still up so I could look out for ice. I had to run around the house to get the battery back in the scoot and find my tire pressure gauge then all my warm clothes. I was not too cold during my ride but it took about 2 hrs to warm back up when I got in. I'm going to try another ride today. Looks like the snow will be back later this afternoon.

Have a safe and Happy New Year everyone,
Tim
@vespasfw3 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2006 Vespa GTS250ie, 2004 Vespa ET4, 2022 Royal Enfield Himalayan, 2001 Kawasaki W650.

Ossessionato
@vespasfw3 avatar
2006 Vespa GTS250ie, 2004 Vespa ET4, 2022 Royal Enfield Himalayan, 2001 Kawasaki W650.
UTC quote
I've got a strong withdrawl going. It has been wet and grey for over a week and I am getting stir crazy. I just don't have clothes to ride in the wet. Cold is fine but this drizzle and rain.....

So I have tried to amuse myself by selling my 8x10 camera system. Everytime I get bored something bad happens....

steve
@grind avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@grind avatar
UTC quote
robardin wrote:
Maybe a computer simulated virtual ride could take the edge off. Isn't it possible to get on a scooter and ride around in Grand Theft Auto 3?
That would be Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, or GTA: Liberty City Stories, for PSP.

The scooter is called the Faggio (pronounced Fah-jee-oh).
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0272s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0017s) ][ Debug on ][ 309 ][ Thing One ]