UTC

Hooked
Vespa s 125

Hooked
@dunkvs125 avatar
Vespa s 125
UTC quote
Hi all,

hoping to get a GTS 300 Super soon and was wondering if there was any difference in the 09 and the new batch of 2010 being shipped in July?

ta!

Just want to know if i should wait till the new ones to surface!
@drewteague avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@drewteague avatar
UTC quote
There were no '09 300's. Are you comparing the '10 to the '11?
OP
@dunkvs125 avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa s 125

Hooked
@dunkvs125 avatar
Vespa s 125
UTC quote
Oh!

how come there were no 09's?

My local shop has one in stock, but told me once the one had been sold, they were due some new ones in from italy in July, just go me wondering!!
@bagel avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2010 Vespa GTS 300, 2007 Vespa GTS 250, 2007 Vespa GTV, 2010 Stella 4T #3, and a bunch of broke down vintage scoots

Ossessionato
@bagel avatar
2010 Vespa GTS 300, 2007 Vespa GTS 250, 2007 Vespa GTV, 2010 Stella 4T #3, and a bunch of broke down vintage scoots
UTC quote
There were no 09' 300's sold in the *US*. There were 09's released in Europe though. As far as I know there's no major difference. I suspect someone like cheekythomas might need to comment on whether there are any minor differences between the years.
@cajun_critter avatar
UTC

Hooked
07 GT 200

Hooked
@cajun_critter avatar
07 GT 200
UTC quote
I'm considering upgrading and am wondering if the 300 is truly worth the extra dough! From what i've read, it accelerates only slightly faster than a 250 and it's top speed wise is slightly slower...or do I have this wrong? I'm also curious as to whether it or the 250 hold it speed on big hills? Don't beat me up, just want to know 4 I plunk down the dough!
@drewteague avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@drewteague avatar
UTC quote
bagel wrote:
There were no 09' 300's sold in the *US*. There were 09's released in Europe though. As far as I know there's no major difference. I suspect someone like cheekythomas might need to comment on whether there are any minor differences between the years.
Ahh, good looking out, Bagel. I'm an iPhone MV'er most of the time, so it truncates info like location.
UTC

Hooked
GTS 300 Super

Hooked
GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
Cajun, I've had a new 2010 GTS 300 Super for about six weeks now, and I gotta tell you, there is nothing better man. I test drove all of the Vespas, including the GTS 250 i.e. and NOTHING in the Vespa line drives as smooth, solid and fast as the 300 Super. The reviews of the 300 Super are spot on, in my opinion. Moreover, there is a noticeable difference in torque between the 250 and 300 (as would be expected in the new larger 278 bore).

There are three quasi-bad things I'll say about the 300:

1. Almost Too Fast: The bike is almost too fast off the line. There is a tendency to pop a wheelie because it's so quick. Initially, I preferred the 250 because it didn't have this crazy low gear torque. But once you get use to it, the 300 Super is truly incredible.

2. Not Many Color Options: The 300 Super only comes in three colors: Shiny Black, Prostitute Red, and Virgin White, none of which I like. I opted for black, but only because I'd like to repaint it Graphite Black (see my other post).

3. Misaligned Steering Column: Not sure if you've seen the postings, but many of the 300 Supers are coming out of Italy with misaligned steering columns. Before buying mine, I test drove three which all required adjusting, including mine.

But I've owned bikes all of my life, ranging in size from Honda Trail 70s to huge BMW boxers. The Vespa 300 Super is a superb bike. It just don't get much better. I'll be watching carefully to see if the new 2011's have many changes.
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
UTC quote
You'll see the newer ones have different connectors for the charging circuit, and a shield under the seat tub for the electrics..

There's also a retainer for the HT lead so it come off anymore..

But the very latest ones are coming as slow evolutions of the new quasar engine... Lots now have the new dipstick location on the waterpump housing but just blanked off, ready for the new engine case design... Which will then see the water pump being swapped to an electric pump giving a slight difference in engine specs.
@dr_zoidberg avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Ducati Scrambler 800 Nightshift

Ossessionato
@dr_zoidberg avatar
Ducati Scrambler 800 Nightshift
UTC quote
I'm sure there must be some tiny differences from mine to the newest off the line, but there's nothing that would bother me.

Unless of course you want a gts300 super sport in which case I'll be very jealous!!!
@cajun_critter avatar
UTC

Hooked
07 GT 200

Hooked
@cajun_critter avatar
07 GT 200
UTC quote
ToppiSF, thanks for the info. I have to admit that I'm leaning more towards a GTS 300 as it's hilly here and my 225 LBS need the extra sum sumtin. I hope to be coping one before the end of the year!
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0199s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0118s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]