OP
@stevieapollo avatar
UTC

Member
px150 m166,stella 08
Joined: UTC
Posts: 37
Location: whittier
 
Member
@stevieapollo avatar
px150 m166,stella 08
Joined: UTC
Posts: 37
Location: whittier
UTC quote
hello i was wondering....my scooter seems to die when im in first gear trying to take off. when i let the clutch out if i dont give it a lot of gas the scooter will just shut off. idk if this means im running rich and its flooding out or there is not enough gas...how do i tell. thanks

i have a 61 vbb with a 20/20 carb
UTC

nothing at all
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9656
Location: westla
 
nothing at all
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9656
Location: westla
UTC quote
never hurts to take it apart and give a cleaning

then write down all the numbers on your jets

never know whats in there
@scooter_west avatar
UTC

Sponsor
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4200
Location: San Diego, Ca
 
Sponsor
@scooter_west avatar
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4200
Location: San Diego, Ca
UTC quote
It could definitely be either a flooding issue or an incorrect idle mixture. You can slowly rotate the air fuel mixture screw in the back of carb back and forth until you get the cleanest and highest idle speed.
UTC

Ossessionato
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2633
 
Ossessionato
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2633
UTC quote
Check your clutch cable too.
@littlebluedisaster avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Footsie?
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1061
Location: Los Angeles
 
Molto Verboso
@littlebluedisaster avatar
Footsie?
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1061
Location: Los Angeles
UTC quote
Hey -

Is it this bike that you are selling?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/vespa-vbb-1961-full-rebuild-done-California-/320550177198?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Scooters_Mopeds&hash=item4aa24789ae#ht_881wt_1167


How many bikes have you bought and sold in the last month?
UTC

Banned
Joined: UTC
Posts: 115
Location: San Diego
 
Banned
Joined: UTC
Posts: 115
Location: San Diego
UTC quote
littlebluedisaster wrote:
Hey -

Is it this bike that you are selling?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/vespa-vbb-1961-full-rebuild-done-California-/320550177198?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Scooters_Mopeds&hash=item4aa24789ae#ht_881wt_1167


How many bikes have you bought and sold in the last month?
Looks bodgetastic to me.
@bcrdukes avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
74 Vespa 90, 05 Vespa PX150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 76
Location: Vancouver, BC
 
Enthusiast
@bcrdukes avatar
74 Vespa 90, 05 Vespa PX150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 76
Location: Vancouver, BC
UTC quote
If that bike is indeed being sold by the OP, then major ownage. Razz emoticon
UTC

nothing at all
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9656
Location: westla
 
nothing at all
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9656
Location: westla
UTC quote
you know, my club is looking for a bodge to have 5 a buck carni bash

at our rally we want a bike, we can sell 3 hits with a sledge for 5 bucks

one of those ebay bikes like this would be great

i wonder if maybe he wants to donate it for like 100 bucks

just an idea
@littlebluedisaster avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Footsie?
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1061
Location: Los Angeles
 
Molto Verboso
@littlebluedisaster avatar
Footsie?
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1061
Location: Los Angeles
UTC quote
I'll say this: that ain't no California restoration.

We have more pride than that in Cali.......
@t5bitza69 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s
Joined: UTC
Posts: 17005
Location: The West Of Yorkshire ... Gods Country
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@t5bitza69 avatar
T5s
Joined: UTC
Posts: 17005
Location: The West Of Yorkshire ... Gods Country
UTC quote
faster faster
sounds like the idle needs screwing in to me
@astromags avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
'80 P200E, '76 Primavera 125 ET3. '59 Vespa 150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 6897
Location: GT, Texas
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@astromags avatar
'80 P200E, '76 Primavera 125 ET3. '59 Vespa 150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 6897
Location: GT, Texas
UTC quote
Re: faster faster
T5bitsa69 wrote:
sounds like the idle needs screwing in to me
I have a feeling you might screw anything if it's idle long enough. ROFL emoticon
UTC

nothing at all
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9656
Location: westla
 
nothing at all
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9656
Location: westla
UTC quote
Re: faster faster
astromags wrote:
T5bitsa69 wrote:
sounds like the idle needs screwing in to me
I have a feeling you might screw anything if it's idle long enough. ROFL emoticon
good humor
@t5bitza69 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s
Joined: UTC
Posts: 17005
Location: The West Of Yorkshire ... Gods Country
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@t5bitza69 avatar
T5s
Joined: UTC
Posts: 17005
Location: The West Of Yorkshire ... Gods Country
UTC quote
Re: faster faster
astromags wrote:
T5bitsa69 wrote:
sounds like the idle needs screwing in to me
I have a feeling you might screw anything if it's idle long enough. ROFL emoticon
thought someone had been watching me
@lamod79 avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
1979 P200E / 1974 vespa Primavera 125 project Vespa P150 track bike
Joined: UTC
Posts: 94
Location: Portland,Oregon
 
Enthusiast
@lamod79 avatar
1979 P200E / 1974 vespa Primavera 125 project Vespa P150 track bike
Joined: UTC
Posts: 94
Location: Portland,Oregon
UTC quote
If the rebuild is as bad as the paint, I'd buy it for $50.00 then off to the sledge O mat-tic party.
@helvetica avatar
UTC

Hooked
Joined: UTC
Posts: 312
Location: jakarta - indonesia
 
Hooked
@helvetica avatar
Joined: UTC
Posts: 312
Location: jakarta - indonesia
UTC quote
i tried many times to like a two toned vespa, but they fail me everytime
@rover_eric avatar
UTC

Moderator
1965 Vespa SS180, 1963 Lambretta LI150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 6980
Location: Detroit, Michigan
 
Moderator
@rover_eric avatar
1965 Vespa SS180, 1963 Lambretta LI150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 6980
Location: Detroit, Michigan
UTC quote
helvetica wrote:
i tried many times to like a two toned vespa, but they fail me everytime
agree.

I don't know if it's the whole asian-bike thing, the whole over the top brit restoration thing that BEGAT the vietnamese 2-tones, or the fact that i consider myself a purist / preservationist and vespa NEVER produced a 2-tone painted bike.


The only thing i like that's 2-tone are the GS/SS dealer specials of the 60's.... the Grimstead Hurricane, Supertune SX200, etc.

http://www.racinglambrettas.com/howthetdidit/hurricane.html
UTC

Lurker
LX150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1
Location: Los Angeles
 
Lurker
LX150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1
Location: Los Angeles
UTC quote
Hey guys,

I contacted the seller of that scoot and here is his reply. Sounds kinda fishy to me:






Dear clue,

The two tone scooter usually come from asia you are right. but 
some people just like the two tone and paint them that way. this 
scooter was 100% rebuilt in California the engine work was all 
done here. This is not a asian rebuilt scooter those things fall 
apart and ride like total crap. lol the scooter is clean free from 
any asian restoration. although i am not 100 percent sure where 
the scooter came from... there are so many vespas out there 
that were built in india or asia that people think were from italy. 
Piaggio factories were in both countries in the 60's. the scooters 
you have to be carful of are the ones that come straight from 
vietnam to your house on ebay. A lot of the vespas you will see 
come from asia and have been torn down and rebuilt in the 
states. This scooter is a real vespa and has been rebuilt by a 
professional in california. Most of the parts were ordered from 
scooterwest.com where are you located?

- stevieapollo
Did this answer your question? If not, let the seller know.




From: cluesew
To: stevieapollo
Subject: Re: cluesew has sent a question about item #320550177198, ending on Jun-20-10 14:48:01 PDT - vespa vbb 1961 (full rebuild done in California)
Sent Date: Jun-18-10 17:13:20 PDT

Dear stevieapollo,

Hello 

thanks for getting back. so you don't know who did any of the 
work on the scooter? I think the scooter looks really nice but I've 
been told by a friend that I should be aware that some of the 
really nice looking older vespas have been restored in vietnam or 
asia and that although they look really good, sometimes the 
work done can be kind of shoddy. I was told to be careful with 
the two-tone painted scooters. I really like your bike and that is 
is here in CA. So my question is, did this scooter come from Asia 
at all or was it restored here in california? Do you have any 
service records? How long have you had the scooter? 

Thanks again for your reply. 



- clue


From: stevieapollo
To: cluesew
Subject: Re: cluesew has sent a question about item #320550177198, ending on Jun-20-10 14:48:01 PDT - vespa vbb 1961 (full rebuild done in California)
Sent Date: Jun-18-10 15:55:10 PDT

Dear clue,

i bought the scooter with the paint the way it was.. Im not sure 
who did the paint to be honest.the paint does look very good 
some spots could use touch up tho. the guy Thomas i bought 
the scooter from had some sort of rack on the scooter as well as 
some crash bars. when he removed them there were a few holes 
from the screws that can be seen in the pics if you look closely. 
the rebuild was done two months ago and the scooter was tuned 
up 3 days ago. the engine is still in the break in stage. Runs 
great and strong!! I just drove it today around the block.  
people were honking giving me the thumbs up lol so whoever 
ends up with this scooter will get a lot of that im sure.

- stevieapollo


From: cluesew
To: stevieapollo
Subject: cluesew has sent a question about item #320550177198, ending on Jun-20-10 14:48:01 PDT - vespa vbb 1961 (full rebuild done in California)
Sent Date: Jun-18-10 14:40:49 PDT

Dear stevieapollo,

Hello, 

How long have you had this scooter? Did you have it painted? 
Looks brand new, how long ago was the work done? 

Who did the paint and body work? 

thanks

- clue
@xantufrog avatar
UTC

Moderibbit
1980 P200E - "Old Rusty", 1976 ET3 Primavera
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8892
Location: Atlanta, GA
 
Moderibbit
@xantufrog avatar
1980 P200E - "Old Rusty", 1976 ET3 Primavera
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8892
Location: Atlanta, GA
UTC quote
sketchtacular
OP
@stevieapollo avatar
UTC

Member
px150 m166,stella 08
Joined: UTC
Posts: 37
Location: whittier
 
Member
@stevieapollo avatar
px150 m166,stella 08
Joined: UTC
Posts: 37
Location: whittier
UTC quote
wow... you guys really have nothing better to do. This scooter was rebuilt in CALIFORNIA the engine was REBUILT IN CALIFORNIA..

btw i have 2 vbbs and i only need one. both are 61 vbbs and one is black and one is two tone.

Its been a total of two times that members of modern vespa have screwed me over!!! i dont like the way it feel so i dont do that to people. I dont say the scooter is something that it is not! The scooter i am selling runs great and is a solid scooter if it came from vietnam then it came from vietnam. That in no way means that the 1800 spent to restore the scooter did not get spent and the engine does not have all factory piaggio parts!. I thought that Modern vespa was maid to help people with problems not give people problems. Someone steals my computer and i am forced to sell a vespa and on top of it i have to deal with questions like "people on modern vespa are saying that your scooter is crap"

thanks to those of you who actually try to help me with the problems i have with my vespas. I really do appreciate it.
OP
@stevieapollo avatar
UTC

Member
px150 m166,stella 08
Joined: UTC
Posts: 37
Location: whittier
 
Member
@stevieapollo avatar
px150 m166,stella 08
Joined: UTC
Posts: 37
Location: whittier
UTC quote
Re: faster faster
T5bitsa69 wrote:
sounds like the idle needs screwing in to me
thanks for the advise it was a clogged jet i cleaned it adjusted the screw and it runs great.
@greasy125 avatar
UTC

Sergeant at Arms
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas
Joined: UTC
Posts: 14894
Location: The state of insanity, SoCal
 
Sergeant at Arms
@greasy125 avatar
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas
Joined: UTC
Posts: 14894
Location: The state of insanity, SoCal
UTC quote
stevieapollo wrote:
btw i have 2 vbbs and i only need one. both are 61 vbbs and one is black and one is two tone.
wrong. wrong. wrong.
without getting into the dubious origins of your bike i can tell you for certian that it is most definetly NOT a 1961.

ya see... it has a square tail, and well, that didn't happen till 1963... so yeah... not a 1961.

now about the "supposed" mechanical restoration... it would help if you actually dropped some names about who did the work. it's a small community here-- both this forum and IRL, and people who are worth their salt carry a name, know what i'm sayin'?
Quote:
Its been a total of two times that members of modern vespa have screwed me over!!!
whoa there buddy. don't go dragging your poor choice of business transactions into this. you got excited, dropped coin on shit bikes and now you're trying to flip them and get some money back after you learned the error of your ways.

best,
-greasy
@snapshot05 avatar
UTC

WHOoligan
1985 PX200E Arcobaleno : 2010/14 GTS300 S: RIP GTS250 @ 40K
Joined: UTC
Posts: 6695
Location: Los Angeles Kings, Stanley Cup Champions X2
 
WHOoligan
@snapshot05 avatar
1985 PX200E Arcobaleno : 2010/14 GTS300 S: RIP GTS250 @ 40K
Joined: UTC
Posts: 6695
Location: Los Angeles Kings, Stanley Cup Champions X2
UTC quote
Steve, Greaser knows his stuff and people, if you know who did the work here in Cali, drop an name, shut everyone up. I dont know how long youve been scooting, but Bodges are def hitting the streets here and some dubious people(not assuming you) have been pushing them off as something they arent, Im sure you'll understand why everyones suspicious.

BTW, I like two tone scoots, chrome and such, I dont automatically associate that stuff with Bodges. I also like the look of some Bodge crash bars.
OP
@stevieapollo avatar
UTC

Member
px150 m166,stella 08
Joined: UTC
Posts: 37
Location: whittier
 
Member
@stevieapollo avatar
px150 m166,stella 08
Joined: UTC
Posts: 37
Location: whittier
UTC quote
greasy125 wrote:
stevieapollo wrote:
btw i have 2 vbbs and i only need one. both are 61 vbbs and one is black and one is two tone.
wrong. wrong. wrong.
without getting into the dubious origins of your bike i can tell you for certian that it is most definetly NOT a 1961.

ya see... it has a square tail, and well, that didn't happen till 1963... so yeah... not a 1961.

now about the "supposed" mechanical restoration... it would help if you actually dropped some names about who did the work. it's a small community here-- both this forum and IRL, and people who are worth their salt carry a name, know what i'm sayin'?
Quote:
Its been a total of two times that members of modern vespa have screwed me over!!!
whoa there buddy. don't go dragging your poor choice of business transactions into this. you got excited, dropped coin on shit bikes and now you're trying to flip them and get some money back after you learned the error of your ways.

best,
-greasy
I have only bought one scoot that i that turned out not to be a real vespa. i learned rill quick after that the other scooters were real but needed work that the seller pond off as ready to ride. I dont name drop if some would like to know who these people are on modern vespa pm me and i will let you know who i had bad experiences with.


The scooter in question...... some of you wanted a name well (fabio) is his name? Does anyone have any bad experiences with him? To clear things up to those of you who are saying i am trying to sell a vietnam scoot and lying about it....well that is not true sorry. i have mentioned many times im not sure if its a asian scoot but i am sure that the scooter was rebuilt in CA thats what he ebay post says thats how i answer the questions. If you do not like the idea that it may have been from asia then dont buy it...I personally would buy a vietnam scoot if it was totally rebuilt in the US. Especially if i got a good deal on it and didnt have 4000 to spend on a scoot.

as fare as the years go maybe i do have a 63 but if it is then the pink slip must have been filled out wrong and im not a professional scoot guy who knows everything. I dont claim to either. this is why i come here for help.
@snapshot05 avatar
UTC

WHOoligan
1985 PX200E Arcobaleno : 2010/14 GTS300 S: RIP GTS250 @ 40K
Joined: UTC
Posts: 6695
Location: Los Angeles Kings, Stanley Cup Champions X2
 
WHOoligan
@snapshot05 avatar
1985 PX200E Arcobaleno : 2010/14 GTS300 S: RIP GTS250 @ 40K
Joined: UTC
Posts: 6695
Location: Los Angeles Kings, Stanley Cup Champions X2
UTC quote
Steve, I met him recently, nice guy, Ive never heard anything bad about him.

I met guy recently with a grey Bodged VBB Flavio had restored back to Italian. He was looking to have the next lock replaced, so I referred him to Greasy, he thought Temple City Vepsa/powersports would replace it, glad i was able to stir him to Greasy. The reason he didnt go back to Flavio was nothing more than location, the guy lives closer to Greasy than Falvio.

Heres a photo from Orange Crush, of the small body Flavio was selling.



External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text[/img]
@littlebluedisaster avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Footsie?
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1061
Location: Los Angeles
 
Molto Verboso
@littlebluedisaster avatar
Footsie?
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1061
Location: Los Angeles
UTC quote
stevieapollo wrote:
ying to sell a vietnam scoot and lying about it....well that is not true sorry. i have mentioned many times im not sure if its a asian scoot but i am sure that the scooter was rebuilt in CA thats what he ebay post says thats how i answer the questions.
No, you make it sound like it is a US bike. Your ad says things like:

"This vespa was restored in the US in the state of California. save yourself serious money in the long run by buying a vespa that has been professionally rebuilt in the US using all original parts!!"

Even the title says "California Restored"

That is pretty misleading and intentionally designed to make it look like it is not the Vietnamese piece-o-junk that it is.

Looking at your post history, you complained earlier that someone would be dishonest enough to sell you an asian bike without telling you what it was - now you turn around and do the same thing.

Classy, dude.

And now you have a black one? And what, a PX150, P200, two Stellas, a Bajaj, a Smallframe, and another VBB?

And you just started scooting last month? Something doesn't add up here.
OP
@stevieapollo avatar
UTC

Member
px150 m166,stella 08
Joined: UTC
Posts: 37
Location: whittier
 
Member
@stevieapollo avatar
px150 m166,stella 08
Joined: UTC
Posts: 37
Location: whittier
UTC quote
clue wrote:
Hey guys,

I contacted the seller of that scoot and here is his reply. Sounds kinda fishy to me:






Dear clue,

The two tone scooter usually come from asia you are right. but 
some people just like the two tone and paint them that way. this 
scooter was 100% rebuilt in California the engine work was all 
done here. This is not a asian rebuilt scooter those things fall 
apart and ride like total crap. lol the scooter is clean free from 
any asian restoration. although i am not 100 percent sure where 
the scooter came from... there are so many vespas out there 
that were built in india or asia that people think were from italy. 
Piaggio factories were in both countries in the 60's. the scooters 
you have to be carful of are the ones that come straight from 
vietnam to your house on ebay. A lot of the vespas you will see 
come from asia and have been torn down and rebuilt in the 
states. This scooter is a real vespa and has been rebuilt by a 
professional in california. Most of the parts were ordered from 
scooterwest.com where are you located?

- stevieapollo
Did this answer your question? If not, let the seller know.




From: cluesew
To: stevieapollo
Subject: Re: cluesew has sent a question about item #320550177198, ending on Jun-20-10 14:48:01 PDT - vespa vbb 1961 (full rebuild done in California)
Sent Date: Jun-18-10 17:13:20 PDT

Dear stevieapollo,

Hello 

thanks for getting back. so you don't know who did any of the 
work on the scooter? I think the scooter looks really nice but I've 
been told by a friend that I should be aware that some of the 
really nice looking older vespas have been restored in vietnam or 
asia and that although they look really good, sometimes the 
work done can be kind of shoddy. I was told to be careful with 
the two-tone painted scooters. I really like your bike and that is 
is here in CA. So my question is, did this scooter come from Asia 
at all or was it restored here in california? Do you have any 
service records? How long have you had the scooter? 

Thanks again for your reply. 



- clue


From: stevieapollo
To: cluesew
Subject: Re: cluesew has sent a question about item #320550177198, ending on Jun-20-10 14:48:01 PDT - vespa vbb 1961 (full rebuild done in California)
Sent Date: Jun-18-10 15:55:10 PDT

Dear clue,

i bought the scooter with the paint the way it was.. Im not sure 
who did the paint to be honest.the paint does look very good 
some spots could use touch up tho. the guy Thomas i bought 
the scooter from had some sort of rack on the scooter as well as 
some crash bars. when he removed them there were a few holes 
from the screws that can be seen in the pics if you look closely. 
the rebuild was done two months ago and the scooter was tuned 
up 3 days ago. the engine is still in the break in stage. Runs 
great and strong!! I just drove it today around the block.  
people were honking giving me the thumbs up lol so whoever 
ends up with this scooter will get a lot of that im sure.

- stevieapollo


From: cluesew
To: stevieapollo
Subject: cluesew has sent a question about item #320550177198, ending on Jun-20-10 14:48:01 PDT - vespa vbb 1961 (full rebuild done in California)
Sent Date: Jun-18-10 14:40:49 PDT

Dear stevieapollo,

Hello, 

How long have you had this scooter? Did you have it painted? 
Looks brand new, how long ago was the work done? 

Who did the paint and body work? 

thanks

- clue
not 100% sure it may have been a asian bike at one point...but
the whole bike was gone through and the engine was rebuilt
using all original piaggio parts. i just got the scoot back from
fabios shop in orange. so either way the scooter is not one of
those vietnam restorations you see on ebay, it was done here in
the US
(i cut and pasted this directly from my ebay mail)

this is what i tell everyone who asked. whoever is going around telling people that i am selling vietnam bikes and lying about it please stop!!! that is seriously stupid and not the case. thanks

stevieapollo
OP
@stevieapollo avatar
UTC

Member
px150 m166,stella 08
Joined: UTC
Posts: 37
Location: whittier
 
Member
@stevieapollo avatar
px150 m166,stella 08
Joined: UTC
Posts: 37
Location: whittier
UTC quote
littlebluedisaster wrote:
stevieapollo wrote:
ying to sell a vietnam scoot and lying about it....well that is not true sorry. i have mentioned many times im not sure if its a asian scoot but i am sure that the scooter was rebuilt in CA thats what he ebay post says thats how i answer the questions.
No, you make it sound like it is a US bike. Your ad says things like:

"This vespa was restored in the US in the state of California. save yourself serious money in the long run by buying a vespa that has been professionally rebuilt in the US using all original parts!!"

Even the title says "California Restored"

That is pretty misleading and intentionally designed to make it look like it is not the Vietnamese piece-o-junk that it is.

Looking at your post history, you complained earlier that someone would be dishonest enough to sell you an asian bike without telling you what it was - now you turn around and do the same thing.

Classy, dude.

And now you have a black one? And what, a PX150, P200, two Stellas, a Bajaj, a Smallframe, and another VBB?

And you just started scooting last month? Something doesn't add up

here.
the scooter had the engine rebuilt in california using all original piaggio parts. what would you have me say? 1800 was put into this scooter on the engine and electrical alone...

and i have been scooting for years. i got into vespas about 2 almost 3 months ago. and yes i have all of those scooters minus the stellas i got rid of the two stellas i had.. would you like to come by and see for yourself....something does not add up... seriously like i have nothing better to do then make up stories of scooter i have. the dude i bought the px from has been to my house. he has seen at least two of my scooter. i buy alot of scooters and keep the ones i really like. is that like ok with everyone? i really dont get people like you who are all up in my personal affairs....lol
@littlebluedisaster avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Footsie?
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1061
Location: Los Angeles
 
Molto Verboso
@littlebluedisaster avatar
Footsie?
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1061
Location: Los Angeles
UTC quote
stevieapollo wrote:
the scooter had the engine rebuilt in california using all original piaggio parts. what would you have me say? 1800 was put into this scooter on the engine and electrical alone...
Big difference between "engine rebuilt in USA" and "restored in the USA".

It is a vietnamese bike made out of two frames welded together, covered in bondo, with the wrong fork and coke can shims in the steering column - BUT THE ENGINE WAS REBUILT IN THE USA! Nevermind that it is a deathtrap that probably doesn't even drive in a straight line.

Seriously dude, your ad is completely misleading and you are intentionally making it sound like a USA bike. To anyone who knows even a little about Vespas it is obviously a Vietnamese junk frame, and the engine is probably junk too. No reputable mechanic will even touch a vietnamese bike, so I would assume the "rebuild" is of questionable quality also. But I assume you know all of this, otherwise you would be keeping this bike - especially after dumping all that money into it - right?

Sleep well tonight after passing this off to someone.......
@xantufrog avatar
UTC

Moderibbit
1980 P200E - "Old Rusty", 1976 ET3 Primavera
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8892
Location: Atlanta, GA
 
Moderibbit
@xantufrog avatar
1980 P200E - "Old Rusty", 1976 ET3 Primavera
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8892
Location: Atlanta, GA
UTC quote
I've heard good things about Fabio.
@snapshot05 avatar
UTC

WHOoligan
1985 PX200E Arcobaleno : 2010/14 GTS300 S: RIP GTS250 @ 40K
Joined: UTC
Posts: 6695
Location: Los Angeles Kings, Stanley Cup Champions X2
 
WHOoligan
@snapshot05 avatar
1985 PX200E Arcobaleno : 2010/14 GTS300 S: RIP GTS250 @ 40K
Joined: UTC
Posts: 6695
Location: Los Angeles Kings, Stanley Cup Champions X2
UTC quote
littlebluedisaster wrote:
stevieapollo wrote:
the scooter had the engine rebuilt in california using all original piaggio parts. what would you have me say? 1800 was put into this scooter on the engine and electrical alone...
Big difference between "engine rebuilt in USA" and "restored in the USA".

It is a vietnamese bike made out of two frames welded together, covered in bondo, with the wrong fork and coke can shims in the steering column - BUT THE ENGINE WAS REBUILT IN THE USA! Nevermind that it is a deathtrap that probably doesn't even drive in a straight line.

Seriously dude, your ad is completely misleading and you are intentionally making it sound like a USA bike. To anyone who knows even a little about Vespas it is obviously a Vietnamese junk frame, and the engine is probably junk too. No reputable mechanic will even touch a vietnamese bike, so I would assume the "rebuild" is of questionable quality also. But I assume you know all of this, otherwise you would be keeping this bike - especially after dumping all that money into it - right?

Sleep well tonight after passing this off to someone.......
Not true, Greasy works on them and he def is reputable. And Mossimo has done some bodge re-restoration. The black scoot below he yanked a Bodge engine out and replaced it with a PX150 motor. Another Reputable mechanic, IMO.

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
This was the Bodge motor he replaced.
External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
UTC

nothing at all
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9656
Location: westla
 
nothing at all
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9656
Location: westla
UTC quote
fabio is fine for a stock rebuild, he does use original used parts that are 99% scrutinized, i ended up with a 1% part and he replaced for free, fair enough guy

he's not the go to guy for performance

greasy in the valley or a couple guys in long beach would be better

fabio has good relationship with chris lawrence

i had chris clean up some work that fabio did, and fabio even took my bike there

fabio brought chris some parts for one of my other bikes that chris was working on, they talk, like most wrenchers in this small circle, which is why you dont want to bag on one

i bought a jug and piston from greasy that chris said was beautifully cleaned up by greasy(mallosi barrel sleeve that was surfaced, not easy)

the circle is small and i had to learn that what ever your choice, bring cash and beer or coffee and leave with your bike with a good attitude

steve, my suggestion is a simple one

if you are genuinly selling a bike because you have to, then state the origin, modifications, name of who did the work and price. period.

KISS-keep it simple stupid

(ps. that sframe fabio is selling, really nice ride)
@nick84 avatar
UTC

Member
74 Primavera
Joined: UTC
Posts: 49
Location: Long Beach, Ca
 
Member
@nick84 avatar
74 Primavera
Joined: UTC
Posts: 49
Location: Long Beach, Ca
UTC quote
I got my Primavera and engine from Fabio.

He was a decent guy.


(The engine in that white smallframe came out of the frame he sold me)
⚠️ Last edited by Nick84 on UTC; edited 1 time
@snapshot05 avatar
UTC

WHOoligan
1985 PX200E Arcobaleno : 2010/14 GTS300 S: RIP GTS250 @ 40K
Joined: UTC
Posts: 6695
Location: Los Angeles Kings, Stanley Cup Champions X2
 
WHOoligan
@snapshot05 avatar
1985 PX200E Arcobaleno : 2010/14 GTS300 S: RIP GTS250 @ 40K
Joined: UTC
Posts: 6695
Location: Los Angeles Kings, Stanley Cup Champions X2
UTC quote
jimmyb865 wrote:
fabio is fine for a stock rebuild, he does use original used parts that are 99% scrutinized, i ended up with a 1% part and he replaced for free, fair enough guy

he's not the go to guy for performance

greasy in the valley or a couple guys in long beach would be better

fabio has good relationship with chris lawrence

i had chris clean up some work that fabio did, and fabio even took my bike there

fabio brought chris some parts for one of my other bikes that chris was working on, they talk, like most wrenchers in this small circle, which is why you dont want to bag on one

i bought a jug and piston from greasy that chris said was beautifully cleaned up by greasy(mallosi barrel sleeve that was surfaced, not easy)

the circle is small and i had to learn that what ever your choice, bring cash and beer or coffee and leave with your bike with a good attitude

steve, my suggestion is a simple one

if you are genuinly selling a bike because you have to, then state the origin, modifications, name of who did the work and price. period.

KISS-keep it simple stupid

(ps. that sframe fabio is selling, really nice ride)
Mick at the scooter shop of orange has done some really nice kit work in my buddys PX and his wifes 90 sport. Plus Ive heard other good stuff from old scoot buddys, though I hear he can be grumpy, dunno.

Ive heard nothing but great things about Mr. Lawrence from SB Mario, Chris did his rally & the Godzilla Lamby, Mario swears by him.

Greasy would be my first choice for a kit work, let alone any work, hes worked on my scoot many many times and I trust him. Plus Ive drank with him and picked his brain regarding scoots, kits and the scene in general, I was impressed with his knowledge, honesty and skills. My avatar photo was taken at his shop and thats not a coke can.

You gotta trust whom ever you choose to the your mechanic, your life can depend on their work.

Yep Jimmie that scoot was nice and clean.
UTC

nothing at all
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9656
Location: westla
 
nothing at all
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9656
Location: westla
UTC quote
you drank a beer with aaron!

i don't beleive it Razz emoticon
@snapshot05 avatar
UTC

WHOoligan
1985 PX200E Arcobaleno : 2010/14 GTS300 S: RIP GTS250 @ 40K
Joined: UTC
Posts: 6695
Location: Los Angeles Kings, Stanley Cup Champions X2
 
WHOoligan
@snapshot05 avatar
1985 PX200E Arcobaleno : 2010/14 GTS300 S: RIP GTS250 @ 40K
Joined: UTC
Posts: 6695
Location: Los Angeles Kings, Stanley Cup Champions X2
UTC quote
jimmyb865 wrote:
you drank a beer with aaron!

i don't beleive it Razz emoticon
8)
OP
@stevieapollo avatar
UTC

Member
px150 m166,stella 08
Joined: UTC
Posts: 37
Location: whittier
 
Member
@stevieapollo avatar
px150 m166,stella 08
Joined: UTC
Posts: 37
Location: whittier
UTC quote
littlebluedisaster wrote:
stevieapollo wrote:
the scooter had the engine rebuilt in california using all original piaggio parts. what would you have me say? 1800 was put into this scooter on the engine and electrical alone...
Big difference between "engine rebuilt in USA" and "restored in the USA".

It is a vietnamese bike made out of two frames welded together, covered in bondo, with the wrong fork and coke can shims in the steering column - BUT THE ENGINE WAS REBUILT IN THE USA! Nevermind that it is a deathtrap that probably doesn't even drive in a straight line.

Seriously dude, your ad is completely misleading and you are intentionally making it sound like a USA bike. To anyone who knows even a little about Vespas it is obviously a Vietnamese junk frame, and the engine is probably junk too. No reputable mechanic will even touch a vietnamese bike, so I would assume the "rebuild" is of questionable quality also. But I assume you know all of this, otherwise you would be keeping this bike - especially after dumping all that money into it - right?

Sleep well tonight after passing this off to someone.......
562 714 9824 call me and you can drive the bike what you are saying is all fine and dandy. you seem to know a lot about my scooter without even driving it? it drives straight and like the other dude said not every bike from asia is a total piece. this bike is proof of that. The only thing that was kept on the engine was the case with the serial on it.. everything else was replaced. please stop talking about something you have not seen or driven in person. i have driven the scooter and it drives great!!! ill stand by that and i will tell the people who are interested in the scooter the same thing. and like i mentioned before i am selling the scooter because off all my scooters i think the paint is ugly on this one. so im selling it because someone stole my macbook and i need a new computer i am typing on my moms dell and i hate pc's im a mac guy.

you sound really stupid telling me i know this and i know that and im trying to full everyone. just stop already dude seriously find something better to do. The scooter is great for what it is.. and if it is a vietnam scoot then so be it. The engine was totally rebuilt and it rides great!!! and to me THE ENGINE WAS REBUILT IN THE US NOT ASIA!!!! if you have a problem with that please call me and you can come take a look at that scoot and then give you input but until that happens you just dont know what your talking about.

Thanks to all of you guys who gave me insight on fabio and actually tried to help me out instead of bother me and waste my time with stupid and meaningless shenanigans!!
@greasy125 avatar
UTC

Sergeant at Arms
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas
Joined: UTC
Posts: 14894
Location: The state of insanity, SoCal
 
Sergeant at Arms
@greasy125 avatar
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas
Joined: UTC
Posts: 14894
Location: The state of insanity, SoCal
UTC quote
jimmyb865 wrote:
you drank a beer with aaron!

i don't beleive it Razz emoticon
lies! all lies!

beer? i don't even know what that is... Razz emoticon

-g
@greasy125 avatar
UTC

Sergeant at Arms
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas
Joined: UTC
Posts: 14894
Location: The state of insanity, SoCal
 
Sergeant at Arms
@greasy125 avatar
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas
Joined: UTC
Posts: 14894
Location: The state of insanity, SoCal
UTC quote
alright, i'm gonna clear this up right quick.

stevie, your bike is from SE asia, period.
claiming not to know or trying to sell is as something else is dishonest.

while you have had some work done stateside that does not make it "restored" or de-bodgified.

i tried to break it to you easy earlier but you didn't take my words to heart.

you got excited, bought a bunch of shit and got burned becasue you didn't do your homework. take it as a lesson and learn from your mistakes.

don't try and peddle shit bikes using half-truths and sob stories. you will get called on your bullshit.

also, please try to proofread your work for misspellings and blatant misuse of words. your writing can lead misunderstandings.

best,
-greasy
@quasi-moto avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
SawStop
Joined: UTC
Posts: 5391
Location: Puyallup, WA
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@quasi-moto avatar
SawStop
Joined: UTC
Posts: 5391
Location: Puyallup, WA
UTC quote
And there you have it.
UTC

nothing at all
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9656
Location: westla
 
nothing at all
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9656
Location: westla
UTC quote
greasy125 wrote:
jimmyb865 wrote:
you drank a beer with aaron!

i don't beleive it Razz emoticon
lies! all lies!

beer? i don't even know what that is... Razz emoticon

-g
if you don't know what beer is, than why did i see you in a modelo one piece, click clacking around with beer cans stuck to the bottom of your feet

(we used to love doing that as kids, all the drunk parents watching us make a racket) 8)
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee
 

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com


All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.


[ Time: 0.0310s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0071s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]