@snapshot05 avatar
UTC

WHOoligan
1985 PX200E Arcobaleno : 2010/14 GTS300 S: RIP GTS250 @ 40K
Joined: UTC
Posts: 6695
Location: Los Angeles Kings, Stanley Cup Champions X2
 
WHOoligan
@snapshot05 avatar
1985 PX200E Arcobaleno : 2010/14 GTS300 S: RIP GTS250 @ 40K
Joined: UTC
Posts: 6695
Location: Los Angeles Kings, Stanley Cup Champions X2
UTC quote
greasy125 wrote:
jimmyb865 wrote:
you drank a beer with aaron!

i don't beleive it Razz emoticon
lies! all lies!

beer? i don't even know what that is... Razz emoticon

-g
You should see his eyes light up when a cold can of Tecate pops opens.
@helvetica avatar
UTC

Hooked
Joined: UTC
Posts: 312
Location: jakarta - indonesia
 
Hooked
@helvetica avatar
Joined: UTC
Posts: 312
Location: jakarta - indonesia
UTC quote
a '61 would put it as a VBB1, it should have this rounded back as shown on my '62 (middle) and for comparison with my squared back of the '64 VBB2 (left)

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
UTC

Ossessionato
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2633
 
Ossessionato
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2633
UTC quote
greasy125 wrote:
alright, i'm gonna clear this up right quick.

stevie, your bike is from SE asia, period.
claiming not to know or trying to sell is as something else is dishonest.

while you have had some work done stateside that does not make it "restored" or de-bodgified.

i tried to break it to you easy earlier but you didn't take my words to heart.

you got excited, bought a bunch of shit and got burned becasue you didn't do your homework. take it as a lesson and learn from your mistakes.

don't try and peddle shit bikes using half-truths and sob stories. you will get called on your bullshit.

also, please try to proofread your work for misspellings and blatant misuse of words. your writing can lead misunderstandings.

best,
-greasy
That's awesome! 8)
@marcusdarling avatar
UTC

Hooked
T5
Joined: UTC
Posts: 302
Location: Los Angeles
 
Hooked
@marcusdarling avatar
T5
Joined: UTC
Posts: 302
Location: Los Angeles
UTC quote
stevieapollo wrote:
I have only bought one scoot that i that turned out not to be a real vespa. .
hay stevie apollo, you mean this one:

that you knew was a POS Bajaj but still passed off as a real deal vespa:


http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320543696370&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_713wt_1167


Also in that ebay ad you state: "This scooter was something i came across so i dont know much about it or vespas in general other then what i was told from the vespa shop that i brought it to,"

I know for a fact that you brought it to Scootershop in orange and they told you that it was a Bajaj.

so... why did you not advertise it as a bajaj?

here in this MV thread you yourself admit that you've been told that it is a bajaj or SE asian scoot, but you then turn around and put it on ebay as legit vespa. WTF dude?

question about replacement engine for vbb 3speed (Post 938201)

"he told me it was a legit vespa. but scooter shop and fabio in orange CA tell me they dont know what it is....maybe south east asia scoot or maybe a bajaj. all they can tell me is that i need a new engine and its not worth rebuilding it."

why not mention on the ebay ad that there is an issue with the engine??

as my good friend deandre cole once said: what up with dat?
@marcusdarling avatar
UTC

Hooked
T5
Joined: UTC
Posts: 302
Location: Los Angeles
 
Hooked
@marcusdarling avatar
T5
Joined: UTC
Posts: 302
Location: Los Angeles
UTC quote
the following is an email that stevieapollo sent to The Schade's (MV member) who sold Apollo a PX150 a few weeks ago. The Schade's asked about his shading dealings on ebay and here is apollo's response (more to come), one thing you might notice is his LIES from an earlier post in regard to having a black vbb AND the ebay two-tone vbb POS, here he says he traded the black for the two-tone:


From: stevie apollo <stevieapollo>
Date: June 20, 2010 1:06:45 PM PDT
To: Brian Schade <bschade1>
Subject: Re: hit a playa up gangster

are you for real right now? selling shit scooters and lying about it? what scooter are you talking about? So im not allowed to sell a scooter? the baja was sold and the dude was happy with it. i bought a black 150 a week ago and it ended up being a piece.. so i traded fabio he kept my 150 and i bought the vbb the one i am trying to sell to fucking break even. I have lied about nothing about the scooter i am trying to sell. what is wrong with modernvespa

your just trying to burn like everyone else has dude. just come to my pad bring the 3100 and illl give you back the px fixed and 100% legit!!! The pink is still in your name. I cant believe you would email me that dude after ive been so cool about paying all that cash to fix the scooter that was spose to be ready to go.
@marcusdarling avatar
UTC

Hooked
T5
Joined: UTC
Posts: 302
Location: Los Angeles
 
Hooked
@marcusdarling avatar
T5
Joined: UTC
Posts: 302
Location: Los Angeles
UTC quote
more nice words from mr. stevie apollo
From: stevie apollo <stevieapollo>
Date: June 20, 2010 1:11:02 PM PDT
To: Brian Schade <bschade1>
Subject: Re: hit a playa up gangster

I dont even want the px if the dude i bought it from is saying wak shit about me. come get it im dead serious. i payed 1000 to fix it for you and you can have it back dude. you were right about scooter people they are lame. im a fucking legit dude and if someone bought a scooter from me and wanted there money back i would refund them no questions asked as long as they did not brake it.
@marcusdarling avatar
UTC

Hooked
T5
Joined: UTC
Posts: 302
Location: Los Angeles
 
Hooked
@marcusdarling avatar
T5
Joined: UTC
Posts: 302
Location: Los Angeles
UTC quote
even more nice words from mr. stevie apollo
wow! Something is def. off with mr. iswallow

From: stevie apollo <stevieapollo>
Date: June 20, 2010 1:06:45 PM PDT
To: Brian Schade <bschade1>
Subject: Re: hit a playa up gangster

Karma dude karma u think I care about the 200. No I care about fuckin real people not these fucks who live on this planet who do shit like ur doing to me right now good luck man karmas a bitch I strongly believe in that. Ur 40 something and u pull crap like this. What have u achieved. I plan on making a difference and doing real shit in my liftime. And I will. ull just burn another kid half ur age next time u get a chance. thanks for the scoot I really do like it but I might have to sell it cuz I don't like being reminded of this whole ugly thing u started.
@marcusdarling avatar
UTC

Hooked
T5
Joined: UTC
Posts: 302
Location: Los Angeles
 
Hooked
@marcusdarling avatar
T5
Joined: UTC
Posts: 302
Location: Los Angeles
UTC quote
Just so we know who the F we are dealing with here...
this might seem like a really harsh attack on your personal character if it wasn't for the MF fact that it was uploaded by YOU:

@snapshot05 avatar
UTC

WHOoligan
1985 PX200E Arcobaleno : 2010/14 GTS300 S: RIP GTS250 @ 40K
Joined: UTC
Posts: 6695
Location: Los Angeles Kings, Stanley Cup Champions X2
 
WHOoligan
@snapshot05 avatar
1985 PX200E Arcobaleno : 2010/14 GTS300 S: RIP GTS250 @ 40K
Joined: UTC
Posts: 6695
Location: Los Angeles Kings, Stanley Cup Champions X2
UTC quote
I think this vid is more appropriate. Its titled 1-800-BS

Thanks Marcus, so now I know if I see Brains old PX, to avoid it.
@quasi-moto avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
SawStop
Joined: UTC
Posts: 5391
Location: Puyallup, WA
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@quasi-moto avatar
SawStop
Joined: UTC
Posts: 5391
Location: Puyallup, WA
UTC quote
Does he have a photo taken in front of a mirror wearing a Ruby helmet?
@snapshot05 avatar
UTC

WHOoligan
1985 PX200E Arcobaleno : 2010/14 GTS300 S: RIP GTS250 @ 40K
Joined: UTC
Posts: 6695
Location: Los Angeles Kings, Stanley Cup Champions X2
 
WHOoligan
@snapshot05 avatar
1985 PX200E Arcobaleno : 2010/14 GTS300 S: RIP GTS250 @ 40K
Joined: UTC
Posts: 6695
Location: Los Angeles Kings, Stanley Cup Champions X2
UTC quote
Positive out of the negative.
helvetica wrote:
a '61 would put it as a VBB1, it should have this rounded back as shown on my '62 (middle) and for comparison with my squared back of the '64 VBB2 (left)

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
Your white scoot turned out nice.
UTC

nothing at all
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9656
Location: westla
 
nothing at all
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9656
Location: westla
UTC quote
this is like my favorite cartoons all in one

ren and stimpy

road runner

sponge bob

Popcorn emoticon
@xantufrog avatar
UTC

Moderibbit
1980 P200E - "Old Rusty", 1976 ET3 Primavera
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8892
Location: Atlanta, GA
 
Moderibbit
@xantufrog avatar
1980 P200E - "Old Rusty", 1976 ET3 Primavera
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8892
Location: Atlanta, GA
UTC quote
marcusdarling wrote:
stevieapollo wrote:
I have only bought one scoot that i that turned out not to be a real vespa. .
hay stevie apollo, you mean this one:

that you knew was a POS Bajaj but still passed off as a real deal vespa:


http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320543696370&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_713wt_1167


Also in that ebay ad you state: "This scooter was something i came across so i dont know much about it or vespas in general other then what i was told from the vespa shop that i brought it to,"

I know for a fact that you brought it to Scootershop in orange and they told you that it was a Bajaj.

so... why did you not advertise it as a bajaj?

here in this MV thread you yourself admit that you've been told that it is a bajaj or SE asian scoot, but you then turn around and put it on ebay as legit vespa. WTF dude?

question about replacement engine for vbb 3speed (Post 938201)

"he told me it was a legit vespa. but scooter shop and fabio in orange CA tell me they dont know what it is....maybe south east asia scoot or maybe a bajaj. all they can tell me is that i need a new engine and its not worth rebuilding it."

why not mention on the ebay ad that there is an issue with the engine??
WTF Stevie... I shouldn't take it personally but I felt for you on that earlier thread because I had seen the other MV person selling it and watched you show up having traded for it. But you just turned it around and sold it on ebay to someone who couldn't see it or do more than take your word for it. And when that's the selling environment, it's your job to be as forthcoming as possible... Nerd emoticon
@littlebluedisaster avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Footsie?
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1061
Location: Los Angeles
 
Molto Verboso
@littlebluedisaster avatar
Footsie?
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1061
Location: Los Angeles
UTC quote
Wow, those vids are AWESOME!

I am speechless.
OP
@stevieapollo avatar
UTC

Member
px150 m166,stella 08
Joined: UTC
Posts: 37
Location: whittier
 
Member
@stevieapollo avatar
px150 m166,stella 08
Joined: UTC
Posts: 37
Location: whittier
UTC quote
wow i forgot those videos were online still!! sick those were fun to make hahahah
OP
@stevieapollo avatar
UTC

Member
px150 m166,stella 08
Joined: UTC
Posts: 37
Location: whittier
 
Member
@stevieapollo avatar
px150 m166,stella 08
Joined: UTC
Posts: 37
Location: whittier
UTC quote
[quote="marcusdarling"]
stevieapollo wrote:
I have only bought one scoot that i that turned out not to be a real vespa. .
hay stevie apollo, you mean this one:

that you knew was a POS Bajaj but still passed off as a real deal vespa:


http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320543696370&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_713wt_1167


Also in that ebay ad you state: "This scooter was something i came across so i dont know much about it or vespas in general other then what i was told from the vespa shop that i brought it to,"

I know for a fact that you brought it to Scootershop in orange and they told you that it was a Bajaj.

so... why did you not advertise it as a bajaj?

here in this MV thread you yourself admit that you've been told that it is a bajaj or SE asian scoot, but you then turn around and put it on ebay as legit vespa. WTF dude?

question about replacement engine for vbb 3speed (Post 938201)

"he told me it was a legit vespa. but scooter shop and fabio in orange CA tell me they dont know what it is....maybe south east asia scoot or maybe a bajaj. all they can tell me is that i need a new engine and its not worth rebuilding it."

why not mention on the ebay ad that there is an issue with the engine??

no one knew what it was.... so i said i did not know... are you retarded? Sounds like you bought a POS scoot once and are blaming me. I figured after doing research that the scoot was most likely a bajas. i figured that much after it was sold. If the dude who bought it didnt want it i would refund him. so what you are saying is dumb.

Also where are all of the emails of brain saying fabio and scooter shop were crooks?

how fair was it for brian to sell me a px that needed a complete engine rebuild? How fair is it that when i asked brian the day i bought the scooter why its so hard to shift he said because "the shifting cross is brand new and has to be worn in" where are those emails? also when brain told me he has a 400$ crank in the px and i find out that it is a 180 crank that needs to be replaced?? how honest was it of him to tell me to keep ridding the scooter? Thank god i thought something was up. The day i took it to scooter shop they told me not to ride it anymore, and that the cross would brake off and seized the engine. That would have been a nice thing to have happen when me and my girl friend were ridding the scoot down the street.

I told brain i would pay 1000 for parts that the scooter needs and not to worry about it.. He said cool and agreed to give me the 100 back i paid him to sell me the scooter running and ready to go? I never asked for a cent of the money i payed to fix the px. I only thought it was fair for the scooter to be sold to me at the price of 3000 or 2900 instead of 3100, because of the fact the scooter needed to be rebuilt.

And yea those email you cut and pasted were mostly written after brain said he was gonna beat my ass and he had alot of friends on modern vespa so not to even try and talk shit about him burning me.

bottom line is this you guys are wrong. I have been fucked over more then probably any of you and not because i didnt do my homework but because people lied to my face!!!

This post is done. what a waste of time. Yes in the future i will make sure i mention that a scooter may be from asia or india if i am not sure myself. I have never lied like you are saying i have. Saying something like im not sure mean im not sure. In both of the cases you brought up well....I was not sure,and that is what i said when people asked me..Some people told me it was a vespa some people told me it was a baja.

Man what a waste of time dude do you not have anything better to do!
UTC

Ossessionato
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2633
 
Ossessionato
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2633
UTC quote
Popcorn emoticon
OP
@stevieapollo avatar
UTC

Member
px150 m166,stella 08
Joined: UTC
Posts: 37
Location: whittier
 
Member
@stevieapollo avatar
px150 m166,stella 08
Joined: UTC
Posts: 37
Location: whittier
UTC quote
snapshot05 wrote:
I think this vid is more appropriate. Its titled 1-800-BS

Thanks Marcus, so now I know if I see Brains old PX, to avoid it.
Why would you avoid it? You said fabio was legit, and i had fabio rebuilt the whole scooter. I put over 1100 into that thing to get it to be 100%


and how the heck did you find the 1800 bs video? Thats sick!!!
@marcusdarling avatar
UTC

Hooked
T5
Joined: UTC
Posts: 302
Location: Los Angeles
 
Hooked
@marcusdarling avatar
T5
Joined: UTC
Posts: 302
Location: Los Angeles
UTC quote
stevieapollo wrote:
snapshot05 wrote:
Thanks Marcus, so now I know if I see Brains old PX, to avoid it.
Why would you avoid it? You said fabio was legit, and i had fabio rebuilt the whole scooter.
dude he would avoid it as a means you avoiding your pathological ass.

do you not realize by now that fabio is just taking all your money and telling you what ever he needs to in order to achieve that end. Fabio is a mechanic that's for sure, however he is not a scooterist. He is a dude looking to get paid however he can. I really don't know the fine details of brian's PX but I would not be surprised to find out that his bike was legit and perhaps only needed a little TLC and tuning by SOMEONE WHO KNEW WHAT THE F WAS WHAT ON A SCOOTER. Instead you freaked out and took it to fabio, and he told you this and that. could be the truth, but my money is on he told you what he had to tell you in order to get that $1100 bucks from you.

Again with your POS vbb on ebay you said that "The only thing that was kept on the engine was the case with the serial on it.. everything else was replaced." BULLSHIT. Look at it, you can tell from the photos of the engine alone that that thing comes from Asia.

You still haven't made clear why you have been deceptive in your sales on ebay. If you've been told that the scooter is a Bajaj WHY WOULDN'T YOU PUT THAT IN YOUR AD????

If YOU KNOW that the VBB is a vietbodge, WHY WOULDN'T YOU PUT THAT IN YOUR AD???

You say that if people asked....blah blah blah. People shouldn't have to ask you. You NEED to be up front with people. You are SHADY.

Also in the above post from clue he asked you on ebay and you said that it was not a vietnam bike. THAT IS A LIE.

Just grow up and own up to it
UTC

nothing at all
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9656
Location: westla
 
nothing at all
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9656
Location: westla
UTC quote
stevie

stop

you are deniying yourself a learning curve
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@littlebluedisaster avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Footsie?
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1061
Location: Los Angeles
 
Molto Verboso
@littlebluedisaster avatar
Footsie?
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1061
Location: Los Angeles
UTC quote
BACK UP FOR AUCTION AGAIN - STILL NO MENTION OF VIETNAMESE RESTORATION, AND MISLEADING "RESTORED IN CALIFORNIA" VERBAGE:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/vespa-1963-vbb-full-engine-rebuild-done-California-/320552120846?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Scooters_Mopeds&hash=item4aa265320e#ht_1079wt_1004
@marcusdarling avatar
UTC

Hooked
T5
Joined: UTC
Posts: 302
Location: Los Angeles
 
Hooked
@marcusdarling avatar
T5
Joined: UTC
Posts: 302
Location: Los Angeles
UTC quote
From the ebay AD: "(Before the engine restoration the body of the vbb was inspected and very carefully gone over to ensure the body was straight and free from rust or welding!)"

By whom??
@xantufrog avatar
UTC

Moderibbit
1980 P200E - "Old Rusty", 1976 ET3 Primavera
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8892
Location: Atlanta, GA
 
Moderibbit
@xantufrog avatar
1980 P200E - "Old Rusty", 1976 ET3 Primavera
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8892
Location: Atlanta, GA
UTC quote
stevie, why are you selling every scooter you own to buy a new laptop. You can get an excellent laptop for the price of the contested "VBAjaj" above that you managed to sell
@marcusdarling avatar
UTC

Hooked
T5
Joined: UTC
Posts: 302
Location: Los Angeles
 
Hooked
@marcusdarling avatar
T5
Joined: UTC
Posts: 302
Location: Los Angeles
UTC quote
also for sale brian's PX150 that was rebuild by Chris Lawrence before stevie got it and then torn apart by fabio for reasons unknown. My guess is that fabio needed the coin (and $400 crank he pulled out) and stevie needed to have his ass handed to him.

[topic67526]
@littlebluedisaster avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Footsie?
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1061
Location: Los Angeles
 
Molto Verboso
@littlebluedisaster avatar
Footsie?
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1061
Location: Los Angeles
UTC quote
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that the previous buyer came out to pick up the bike and saw right away that it wasn't a "USA Restoration" as he had been led to believe and said "no thanks".

Stevie - just be honest about what it is - someone will buy it for the engine.
@marcusdarling avatar
UTC

Hooked
T5
Joined: UTC
Posts: 302
Location: Los Angeles
 
Hooked
@marcusdarling avatar
T5
Joined: UTC
Posts: 302
Location: Los Angeles
UTC quote
stevieapollo wrote:
I figured after doing research that the scoot was most likely a bajas. i figured that much after it was sold.
LIES

There is a reason I posted both the link to the ebay ad for that Bajaj and a link to the MV thread where you yourself say you were told it was a Bajaj by two different shops. Look at the dates.

June 6th you said ""scooter shop and fabio in orange CA tell me they dont know what it is....maybe south east asia scoot or maybe a bajaj. all they can tell me is that i need a new engine and its not worth rebuilding it."

June 7th was the date the auction ended. Plenty of time to add that little tid-bit on info to the ebay listing, you know to like, be upfront with people or whatever.


BTW. I talked to to Brian today, he told me that he never talked any shit about either Scooter Shop (because he knows and likes Jeff) or Fabio (because he's never met the guy).

Also he told me that he asked you what you did for a living, your reply was: "I work for my mom and buy and sell scooters"

: )

So how's that going for you champ? Far as I can tell you have lost money on nearly every deal you've touched.
UTC

nothing at all
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9656
Location: westla
 
nothing at all
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9656
Location: westla
UTC quote
news flash
i spoke with fabio

he's funny, i do like talking with him and his broken english

anyhoo, he said for anybody to call him for any ?'s regarding the motors and the origin of the bikes(asia)

he told me that steve knew the origin because the bikes had papers stating such

fabio also told me that the motor had to go and that he would not work on the bike unless that was agreed upon

he also said that he gave the bike a visual inspection but by no means is a crystal ball and that the bike(s) are asian and always will be

he also said that when he works on an asian bike and it leaves his garage he will stand by the motor, thats it!

he has no control over what the owner does with the bike nor can he control the sale language

steve, this is all on you to advertise the bikes for what they are, asian restoration frame with a motor replaced by fabio glita-sold as is

let the buyer engage and answer honestly

just a thought
@snapshot05 avatar
UTC

WHOoligan
1985 PX200E Arcobaleno : 2010/14 GTS300 S: RIP GTS250 @ 40K
Joined: UTC
Posts: 6695
Location: Los Angeles Kings, Stanley Cup Champions X2
 
WHOoligan
@snapshot05 avatar
1985 PX200E Arcobaleno : 2010/14 GTS300 S: RIP GTS250 @ 40K
Joined: UTC
Posts: 6695
Location: Los Angeles Kings, Stanley Cup Champions X2
UTC quote
stevieapollo wrote:
snapshot05 wrote:
I think this vid is more appropriate. Its titled 1-800-BS

Thanks Marcus, so now I know if I see Brains old PX, to avoid it.
Why would you avoid it? You said fabio was legit, and i had fabio rebuilt the whole scooter. I put over 1100 into that thing to get it to be 100%


and how the heck did you find the 1800 bs video? Thats sick!!!
B Schade and I are friends. Has nothing to do with Fabio.
OP
@stevieapollo avatar
UTC

Member
px150 m166,stella 08
Joined: UTC
Posts: 37
Location: whittier
 
Member
@stevieapollo avatar
px150 m166,stella 08
Joined: UTC
Posts: 37
Location: whittier
UTC quote
littlebluedisaster wrote:
BACK UP FOR AUCTION AGAIN - STILL NO MENTION OF VIETNAMESE RESTORATION, AND MISLEADING "RESTORED IN CALIFORNIA" VERBAGE:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/vespa-1963-vbb-full-engine-rebuild-done-California-/320552120846?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Scooters_Mopeds&hash=item4aa265320e#ht_1079wt_1004
Bro your a total idiot!! i clearly put scooter was imported from asia like everyone told me to put
OP
@stevieapollo avatar
UTC

Member
px150 m166,stella 08
Joined: UTC
Posts: 37
Location: whittier
 
Member
@stevieapollo avatar
px150 m166,stella 08
Joined: UTC
Posts: 37
Location: whittier
UTC quote
seriously whats wrong with everyone attacking me when i did nothing to any of you. I cancel the auction repost the scooter say its from asia and you all still talk shit. find something better to do i have nothing to prove to any of you. those who help thanks those who lie and say meaningless crap no thanks. Just like the post said and i said the engine was a complete rebuild from the ground up.. Just like fabio said and the bike came from asia and you all still have something to say it will never end seriously. just stop omg what a waste of time..
UTC

Hooked
Joined: UTC
Posts: 314
 
Hooked
Joined: UTC
Posts: 314
UTC quote
what a nightmare!!!!!!! For everyone that knows me, I tried like hell to work with Steve. The first day after he bought my PX150 I went out to his house to replace a fouled plug, I offered several times to buy the scooter back or to have my friend Danny M. fix it for me. However I did not agree to have him take it somewhere and spend $1000 on it. Anyways I offered to paid steve $200 again today to seatle this. He said he doesn't want the money. This is the last thing I wanted. I didn't need to sell the scooter and the only reason I did was because I have that red PX200. I should've kept it in my shed with the other scooters. I put over $7000 into that scooter. Even if it needed a $1000 worth of work it's still a good deal. Thanks to my friends that have read this and believe my side.
@littlebluedisaster avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Footsie?
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1061
Location: Los Angeles
 
Molto Verboso
@littlebluedisaster avatar
Footsie?
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1061
Location: Los Angeles
UTC quote
stevieapollo wrote:
Bro your a total idiot!! i clearly put scooter was imported from asia like everyone told me to put
Nice try - you re-edited your description after I called you on it. The auction even says that you revised your description.

However, good for you to mention it is asian - even if it is only a *tiny* little sentence at the bottom, while the subtitle and the rest of it goes on about being a "california restoration". You are on the track to coming clean.

By the way - I asked you if your scooter was Vietnamese while it ran on Ebay and here was your response:

"Dear ****

this scooter runs perfect. modernvespa is full
with crappy people i have been sold baja scooters
being told they were vespas and have bought
scooters that ended up needed a full rebuild and
the person who sold them to me were on
modernvespa. after i ask why they sold me this the
scoot they laugh at me.yeah some people are cool.
this scooter is rebuilt using all original parts
in california idk where it came from. i would
never buy a vietnam rebuilt scooter they are crap
alot of the vbbs you see today came from vietnam
and have been rebuilt in the US
. I am selling a
nice good scooter not something you might find on
modernvespa.

- stevieapollo"


so much for you being honest and telling potential buyers that it is from Asia.

You are a liar and are shady.
@skyjumper avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
2007 Vespa GTS 250/2009 Buddy Various Stellas 1960 VBA
Joined: UTC
Posts: 97
Location: San Antonio Texas
 
Enthusiast
@skyjumper avatar
2007 Vespa GTS 250/2009 Buddy Various Stellas 1960 VBA
Joined: UTC
Posts: 97
Location: San Antonio Texas
UTC quote
I don't have any say here either way with the details of this scooter for sale and I have nothing to do with the seller or anyone else on this forum however I have some experience with forums and the legality of what is written in them.
I am very active in a skydiving forum called www.dropzone.com. There have been many instances where forum posts were used in litigation and therefore a precedent set that these posts can be used as evidence in a court of law. That being said I see libel written all over these posts of accusations. I would suggest that if you don't know absolutely for sure to refrain from making comments derived from mere speculation. Rest assured it will come back and bite you in the ass.
Plus it just isn't very nice and interfering with someone's sale is very uncool. Like the guy said, if you don't like it don't buy it.
@littlebluedisaster avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Footsie?
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1061
Location: Los Angeles
 
Molto Verboso
@littlebluedisaster avatar
Footsie?
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1061
Location: Los Angeles
UTC quote
skyjumper wrote:
That being said I see libel written all over these posts of accusations.
As I am married to an attorney, I know a thing or two about libel. A libelous statement is basically a lie about someone. Looks to me like the only one doing the lying is the seller of the bike - he flat out told me it was not from Vietnam when he now admits he knew it was.

In California, we also have very good lemon laws regarding vehicle sales - these laws protect consumers from dishonest sellers. Blatantly lying about a vehicle history is against the law here in CA.
UTC

nothing at all
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9656
Location: westla
 
nothing at all
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9656
Location: westla
UTC quote
fact - steve knew that the origin of the bike was asian because the papers that came with the bike when he got it, were asian sales /dealer documents
@marcusdarling avatar
UTC

Hooked
T5
Joined: UTC
Posts: 302
Location: Los Angeles
 
Hooked
@marcusdarling avatar
T5
Joined: UTC
Posts: 302
Location: Los Angeles
UTC quote
skyjumper wrote:
Plus it just isn't very nice and interfering with someone's sale is very uncool. Like the guy said, if you don't like it don't buy it.
Hay Sky,

I actually agree with you there. I've actually previously kept my mouth shut when I saw some of his previous ads on ebay or CL as I'd prefer not to get involved with someone's sale.

However the dude is here on MV asking tech advice about bikes that he's flipping and lying about where they come from and what problems he knows they have.

Many many people on this forum are pretty decent helpful folks and I just don't want to see them put a lot of energy into helping someone who is out there in the world screwing people by withholding vital info about the scooters he is selling them. I don't think MV peeps would appreciate knowing that they helped this guy in his shady dealings. and there is no question about it, some of his actions are indeed shady. He has withheld information publicly and blatantly lied in some instances.

Free country but coming here to get help is going a little too far in my opinion. He should be contacting Starvespa or Scoot_rs or the like for help with his "Rebuilt in CA" bike.
UTC

nothing at all
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9656
Location: westla
 
nothing at all
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9656
Location: westla
UTC quote
hehe
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@marcusdarling avatar
UTC

Hooked
T5
Joined: UTC
Posts: 302
Location: Los Angeles
 
Hooked
@marcusdarling avatar
T5
Joined: UTC
Posts: 302
Location: Los Angeles
UTC quote
jimmyb865 wrote:
hehe



this could be the logo for his new company: KSSS - Kinda Shady Scooter Sales
@sanjoe avatar
UTC

Hooked
3 2002 German PX200s, 1 PX150 with PX200 Crate motor
Joined: UTC
Posts: 325
Location: San Jose, CA
 
Hooked
@sanjoe avatar
3 2002 German PX200s, 1 PX150 with PX200 Crate motor
Joined: UTC
Posts: 325
Location: San Jose, CA
UTC quote
Not True
Rover Eric wrote:
helvetica wrote:
i tried many times to like a two toned vespa, but they fail me everytime
agree.

I don't know if it's the whole asian-bike thing, the whole over the top brit restoration thing that BEGAT the vietnamese 2-tones, or the fact that i consider myself a purist / preservationist and vespa NEVER produced a 2-tone painted bike.


The only thing i like that's 2-tone are the GS/SS dealer specials of the 60's.... the Grimstead Hurricane, Supertune SX200, etc.

http://www.racinglambrettas.com/howthetdidit/hurricane.html
Vespa produced the Serie Special in 2002. Those were two toned Black and White. I do agree that the Asian two-toned look was never produced by Vespa and is a bit gawdy and look out of place.
UTC

Banned
Joined: UTC
Posts: 115
Location: San Diego
 
Banned
Joined: UTC
Posts: 115
Location: San Diego
UTC quote
Yo Apollo Greed,

You got caught and tripped yourself up. Nothing causes more contempt than bodgevending. Lying after you got sussed compounds the matter. Its barely one step above nicking bikes but its still stealing. Might be a good idea to fess up.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee
 

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com


All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.


[ Time: 0.0528s ][ Queries: 8 (0.0324s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]