hehe
Nice shirt 8)

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text  
UTC

nothing at all

nothing at all
UTC quote
manny, nice pull!

is that my boxers all in abunch sticking out of my frikin pants!!!

i need a makeover!
@snapshot05 avatar
UTC

WHOoligan
1985 PX200E Arcobaleno : 2010/14 GTS300 S: RIP GTS250 @ 40K

WHOoligan
@snapshot05 avatar
UTC quote
jimmyb865 wrote:
manny, nice pull!

i need a makeover!
Depends Razz emoticon
UTC

nothing at all

nothing at all
UTC quote
snapshot05 wrote:
jimmyb865 wrote:
manny, nice pull!

i need a makeover!
Depends Razz emoticon
i did'nt want to say anything, but you guys had just finished giving me a wedgy

and i liked it
@snapshot05 avatar
UTC

WHOoligan

WHOoligan
@snapshot05 avatar
UTC quote
jimmyb865 wrote:
snapshot05 wrote:
jimmyb865 wrote:
manny, nice pull!

i need a makeover!
Depends Razz emoticon

and i liked it
It took four of us, and Jimmie kept yelling "stop it some more!!!"
UTC

nothing at all

nothing at all
UTC quote
snapshot05 wrote:
jimmyb865 wrote:
snapshot05 wrote:
jimmyb865 wrote:
manny, nice pull!

i need a makeover!
Depends Razz emoticon

and i liked it
hey manny, you've been around the scene along time

and all of you all in socal have welcomed a fringe outsider like me with open arms

i just want to send out a big load 'O' gratitude to all of you

oh yea, hows this thread jack for an ending to a nail biteing thread
@nigelthefish avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
ET2, PX150

Ossessionato
@nigelthefish avatar
ET2, PX150
UTC quote
External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
@snapshot05 avatar
UTC

WHOoligan

WHOoligan
@snapshot05 avatar
UTC quote
jimmyb865 wrote:
snapshot05 wrote:
jimmyb865 wrote:
snapshot05 wrote:
jimmyb865 wrote:
manny, nice pull!

i need a makeover!
Depends Razz emoticon

and i liked it
hey manny, you've been around the scene along time

and all of you all in socal have welcomed a fringe outsider like me with open arms

i just want to send out a big load 'O' gratitude to all of you

oh yea, hows this thread jack for an ending to a nail biteing thread
8) wouldnt be the same without you. 8)
OP
@stevieapollo avatar
UTC

px150 m166,stella 08

@stevieapollo avatar
px150 m166,stella 08
UTC quote
I have stopped reading this post manly because it would upset me to read what people were saying. A lot of what people have wrote is seriously just not true. I am a good person and i got into scooting because i enjoy it very much. I did not get into riding vespas to screw people over like many of you have wrote. I do apologies to those who i gave the wrong idea to. It is simple i was lied to. I had wrong information and screwed up. I have learned from this experience and this whole mess i got myself into. For the record It turns out that fabio in orange county is not the honest man i thought he was, and i probably will never go back to him. He lied to me about the scooter and many other things. Fabio took thousands from me and assured me that things were one way when they were the complete opposite I would advise those of you who were thinking about going to fabio to think twice. I believe i read that someone said they spoke with fabio about the vbb...well anyways, whatever he said probably does not hold much truth. I do apologies for my mistakes. I will not be selling the scooter. I decided to open a new line of credit so that i can purchase a new computer. (to replace the macbook that was stolen from me. I am going to keep the vbb. i will not be selling it as of now! If in the future i have to sell the scooter i will clearly state that the scooter originated in asia.

Once again i apologies. It is up to the readers of this post to decide if i am being honest or not. I assure you that I simply thought things were one way and not the other. have no reason to lie at this point. I just feel really bad about the whole thing.

I hope that members will continue to flag viet bodge scoots that are being labeled as true vespas. After much research i Really do realize how bad these scooters really are. I do however do not believe that every single viet bodge is total crap. Some can be restored and fixed properly here in the US. It just coast so much it would be a waste of time. I will look forward to doing a total brake down of the vbb i have and verify for myself that the body is straight and weld free. I will also go through the engine make sure that all piaggio parts were used in the restoration like i was told. I will find these thing out for myself!! It really stinks that i cant take fabios word for any of this but that is the way it is. I hope to be able to enjoy the vbb!! i have my fingers crossed that This scoot will be somewhat solid so i will be able to enjoy it like i have my other vespas. (vespa means honey bee) lol see i am finding things out for myself this time.

sorry and thanks

apollo
@bcrdukes avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
74 Vespa 90, 05 Vespa PX150

Enthusiast
@bcrdukes avatar
UTC quote
Rather off topic I suppose and this isn't a post to knock at you but perhaps a feable attempt to clear something up?

Fabio is well known to the Vespa/Lambretta scene, even up north in Canada. The mechanics of yesteryear who have simply retired or had to shut down shop due to unforseen circumstances still stand by Fabio and his integrity and honesty. There is still a small group or rather, a cult perhaps, of people who still remain good friends and business associates of Fabio. I have dealt with Fabio myself however, never purchased anything from him simply because I found a local alternative.

That being said, whatever the case may be and this is simply my own opinion, Fabio has never gone out of the way to get anybody nor have we (your Canadian friends) heard of any "negative" feedback working against Fabio. This is the first I've heard of anything of this calibre. If he was as dishonest as you make him out to be, I believe that karma will take its toll but Fabio is still around, selling good parts and rebuilding bikes to stock condition. Word on the street is that he isn't the best man for tuning/performance but he sure can rebuild a solid stock motor. Whatever his intention may be in your case is beyond me and hey, reality dictates that people change and ultimately, buyer beware, right?

Anyway, enough of my Canadian shpeel. Good luck.
@littlebluedisaster avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Footsie?

Molto Verboso
@littlebluedisaster avatar
Footsie?
UTC quote
bcrdukes wrote:
This is the first I've heard of anything of this calibre.
Living in SoCal, I have heard many horror stories about his work. I have never let him touch my bikes, nor will I, because of what I have heard and seen. There are others who seem to be happy with his work as well.
@bcrdukes avatar
UTC

Enthusiast

Enthusiast
@bcrdukes avatar
UTC quote
So it looks like it's hit'n'miss. It is clear that I don't live in SoCal nor have I seen his work nor have I heard of any atrocities so any news that comes to us up north is either false praise and or/hearsay. I suppose we can all put in some good coin on a bet to say that one should do as much research as possible and as I mentioned earlier, buyer beware.
UTC

nothing at all

nothing at all
UTC quote
stevieapollo wrote:
I have stopped reading this post manly because it would upset me to read what people were saying. A lot of what people have wrote is seriously just not true. I am a good person and i got into scooting because i enjoy it very much. I did not get into riding vespas to screw people over like many of you have wrote. I do apologies to those who i gave the wrong idea to. It is simple i was lied to. I had wrong information and screwed up. I have learned from this experience and this whole mess i got myself into. For the record It turns out that fabio in orange county is not the honest man i thought he was, and i probably will never go back to him. He lied to me about the scooter and many other things. Fabio took thousands from me and assured me that things were one way when they were the complete opposite I would advise those of you who were thinking about going to fabio to think twice. I believe i read that someone said they spoke with fabio about the vbb...well anyways, whatever he said probably does not hold much truth. I do apologies for my mistakes. I will not be selling the scooter. I decided to open a new line of credit so that i can purchase a new computer. (to replace the macbook that was stolen from me. I am going to keep the vbb. i will not be selling it as of now! If in the future i have to sell the scooter i will clearly state that the scooter originated in asia.

Once again i apologies. It is up to the readers of this post to decide if i am being honest or not. I assure you that I simply thought things were one way and not the other. have no reason to lie at this point. I just feel really bad about the whole thing.

I hope that members will continue to flag viet bodge scoots that are being labeled as true vespas. After much research i Really do realize how bad these scooters really are. I do however do not believe that every single viet bodge is total crap. Some can be restored and fixed properly here in the US. It just coast so much it would be a waste of time. I will look forward to doing a total brake down of the vbb i have and verify for myself that the body is straight and weld free. I will also go through the engine make sure that all piaggio parts were used in the restoration like i was told. I will find these thing out for myself!! It really stinks that i cant take fabios word for any of this but that is the way it is. I hope to be able to enjoy the vbb!! i have my fingers crossed that This scoot will be somewhat solid so i will be able to enjoy it like i have my other vespas. (vespa means honey bee) lol see i am finding things out for myself this time.

sorry and thanks

apollo
i sence a learning curve

also remember steve, when a man falls on the sword and accepts humility he is best served not blaming others, just himself

always keep the finger pointed at you and the curve is less painfull

(side note-lambretta only ride tomorrow-f--k those pinchy bespas)
UTC

Banned

Banned
UTC quote
stevieapollo wrote:

sorry and thanks

apollo
Great, Blaming Fabio now.

You will go through the engine now?

Tell you what

Post pics of the VBB and its VIN and lets see a follow up in a few months. Im convinced that you will sell it on.
UTC

Hooked
1979 P200E

Hooked
1979 P200E
UTC quote
stevieapollo wrote:

sorry and thanks

apollo
Well, Stevie, check your sources... It's wasp; not honey bee.... (from Wikipedia:)

Vespa is both Latin and Italian for wasp-derived from both the high-pitched noise of the two-stroke engine, and adopted as a name for the vehicle in reference to its body shape: the thicker rear part connected to the front part by a narrow waist, and the steering rod resembled antennae.

Old curmudgeonly east-coast nit-picker
OP
@stevieapollo avatar
UTC

px150 m166,stella 08

@stevieapollo avatar
px150 m166,stella 08
UTC quote
I'm not blaming anyone. I'm just sharing my experience about fabio. He acted real nice when I first met him, like he wanted to help me out. Then then I started to notice things. Not just about the vbb but other vespas that he has worked on of mine. I've cought him on two lies and when I confronted him on one he just mumbled in his accent and changed his story. If u think I'm pointing fingers then that's fine its my fault for taking fabios word.

I will take pics of the vbb when I strip down the paint. I really wanna c the condition of the frame and if it is weld free like fabio told me it was.

P.s Wasp, honey bee I have heard both.
@sanjoe avatar
UTC

Hooked
3 2002 German PX200s, 1 PX150 with PX200 Crate motor

Hooked
@sanjoe avatar
UTC quote
Its Wasp...
stevieapollo wrote:
I'm not blaming anyone. I'm just sharing my experience about fabio. He acted real nice when I first met him, like he wanted to help me out. Then then I started to notice things. Not just about the vbb but other vespas that he has worked on of mine. I've cought him on two lies and when I confronted him on one he just mumbled in his accent and changed his story. If u think I'm pointing fingers then that's fine its my fault for taking fabios word.

I will take pics of the vbb when I strip down the paint. I really wanna c the condition of the frame and if it is weld free like fabio told me it was.

Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@hp avatar
UTC

Addicted
'60 VS5, '63 Li 150 Special, '07 PX125

Addicted
@hp avatar
'60 VS5, '63 Li 150 Special, '07 PX125
UTC quote
bcrdukes wrote:
Fabio is well known to the Vespa/Lambretta scene, even up north in Canada. The mechanics of yesteryear who have simply retired or had to shut down shop due to unforseen circumstances still stand by Fabio and his integrity and honesty.
Are you sure we're talking about the same Fabio? 'cuz Vespa Supershop Fabio is a legend... LA Fabio not so much...
@bcrdukes avatar
UTC

Enthusiast

Enthusiast
@bcrdukes avatar
UTC quote
LA Fabio? Never heard of this guy. I was referring to Vespa Supershop Fabio. Looks like we're weren't talking about the same chap! Razz emoticon
UTC

nothing at all

nothing at all
UTC quote
i was confused for a while

there is fabio from the old vespa at the beaches in san diego

he is the same fabio that is friends with alex at motorsport

the other fabio is fabio glita from orange california who is buddys with the scooter shop of orange and others

they both have been working on bikes since diapers

fabio glita started to fall in to viet bodge bikes when they were starting to flood the market, very many unsuspecting people became passionate about their bikes and wanted them fixed

lots of shops tryed to help and most started to just say no to bodge repair

fabio glita is one of a few, like it or not, that will try to 'fix' a bodge

he has a new policy that if someone brings him a bike and the motor does't work, out with the old and in with a rebuilt(this is how he makes money, buisness)

my last dealings with fabio glita was with my smallframe, he watched over me and helped do the tricky stuff on the motor, some clutch and assembly

he is very good at working on smallframe motors

as for the bodge repair, i have decided not to use him as a mechanic as long as he continues to be associated with this issue

it's a shame, he is very good at pure vespa mechanical work

my et3 has not had one issue since he and i built it, i ride almost everyday Nerd emoticon
a fabio glita rebuild(with alot of my help :)
a fabio glita rebuild(with alot of my help :)
@xantufrog avatar
UTC

Moderibbit
1980 P200E - "Old Rusty", 1976 ET3 Primavera

Moderibbit
@xantufrog avatar
1980 P200E - "Old Rusty", 1976 ET3 Primavera
UTC quote
Re: Its Wasp...
SanJoe wrote:
stevieapollo wrote:
What is this shit, who gave SanJoe negative ratings for his translation post. He didn't do anything hostile or offensive AND he's correct (as is the translator), it means wasp - io parlo italiano, e veramente la parola "vespa" significa "wasp" in inglese.

"ape" mean bee - that is what Piaggio Ape is named after - its round bumblebee-like appearance. It's not pronounced "ayp" but "ahpey"

It's actually against the posting guidelines to bash dealers and mechanics and the like because one person with a grudge can ruin their business if newbies trolling the internet read that bad review. Glad we're clarifying who the "good" Fabio is, but let's accept responsibility for our own problems and mistakes and move the F*ck on. Thank you for your apology for throwing us off balance with your earlier posts Stevie, but no need to play the victim card.

Can we start talking about Vespas again?
@sanjoe avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@sanjoe avatar
UTC quote
Re: Its Wasp...
xantufrog wrote:
SanJoe wrote:
stevieapollo wrote:
What is this shit, who gave SanJoe negative ratings for his translation post. He didn't do anything hostile or offensive AND he's correct (as is the translator), it means wasp - io parlo italiano, e veramente la parola "vespa" significa "wasp" in inglese.

"ape" mean bee - that is what Piaggio Ape is named after - its round bumblebee-like appearance. It's not pronounced "ayp" but "ahpey"

It's actually against the posting guidelines to bash dealers and mechanics and the like because one person with a grudge can ruin their business if newbies trolling the internet read that bad review. Glad we're clarifying who the "good" Fabio is, but let's accept responsibility for our own problems and mistakes and move the F*ck on. Thank you for your apology for throwing us off balance with your earlier posts Stevie, but no need to play the victim card.

Can we start talking about Vespas again?
Thanks for the support! Not sure how that was negative??? Amazing... I agree, lets talk Vespas!
@tonymoulls avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
91 pk100 XL

Enthusiast
@tonymoulls avatar
91 pk100 XL
UTC quote
seriously people... all this guy wanted to know what was wrong with his bike and he is getting slagged off ? So he has a few bikes but only been into scooting for 2-3 months... if he says he has them then i believe him. obviously i am not talking about everyone, just a few people so please dont take this the wrong way. Just give the guy a break
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0491s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0303s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]