OP
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
UTC quote
Hi i have a new job in Down town San Francisco and I have a delima.

The street motor cycle parking meters according to my friend don't turn on until 8 AM and I don't know where I can rent a parking spot. I have to start my work day at 6:00 AM and can't return to the scooter during the day. Can any one help. I'd appreciate it.

I need to ride about 2.5 miles from Bart and am looking for a place to park at any of the following stations. I'd prefer covered parking that i can access if I go out drinking.

Montgomery, Civic, embarcadero, Powell, 19th and Mission.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
@jimmytwonutz avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
LX150, GTS300(black & white), GTS300(red)

Ossessionato
@jimmytwonutz avatar
LX150, GTS300(black & white), GTS300(red)
UTC quote
Did you think about the MUNI bus?
@chirpy avatar
UTC

@chirpy avatar
UTC quote
I'm not sure about the 8am parking, but I did come across this resource:

http://purplemoments.com/sfparking/index.html

If the link doesnt show up, just google for "san francisco motorcycle parking" and the first link is a map of local motorcycle parking spots.
@ronster avatar
UTC

Hooked
Portofino Green GTV

Hooked
@ronster avatar
Portofino Green GTV
UTC quote
Welcome to San Francisco. Chirpy gave you a good resource. Note the City-owned parking lots are the safest and cheapest for long-term. I believe it's a flat rate. $7 for every 24 hours.
@paul_g avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS 250ie

Ossessionato
@paul_g avatar
GTS 250ie
UTC quote
San Francisco is a beautiful city.

It is a very nice place to live.

However the words "San Francisco" and "cheap" do not often appear in the same sentence.

P.
UTC

Hooked
GTS 300 Super

Hooked
GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
Nick1, I work and keep a Vespa in downtown SF. There's actually a lot of motorcycle parking downtown. It's all outside unless you pay for a building parking space. I commute by car into SF, and the building in which I park allows me to keep my Vespa for free. I pay $210/mo. or about $7/day.

Here are the options I know about:

1. Chirpy's suggestion: the SF motorcycle map is a GREAT resource.
2. Pay for parking in a building (can be expensive)
3. For short-term parking, you can take your chances parking on sidewalks in side-streets (or out of the way areas). I've actually never received a ticket parking on a sidewalk in SF (knock on wood), and I do it almost everyday when I go out on errands. Not a good option for everyday long-term parking.
4. Post ad on craigslist seeking parking space downtown. Surprisingly, if you're willing to pay something, this could be a good option.

Good luck.
UTC

Addicted
GT-200L & 1991 p200e

Addicted
GT-200L & 1991 p200e
UTC quote
I second city parking
Welcome to this beautiful city.
It's hard to find a better city to ride a scooter.

1) I personally don't park on the sidewalk. In some neighborhoods it's never done, so it might stand out.

2) The city parking lots are great. I didn't know they'd gone up from $5 to
$7, but it's still a deal. You get to park on the bottom floor, right inside the door with a guard on duty 24/7.

3) You hardly ever see a Vespa without scratched up cheeks. I highly recommend putting out $175 or so for cheek guards.

4) I haven't done it, but perhaps an internet resource will show you all the city parking. It was something like $.25 / hour for designated cycle parking places.
@ianp avatar
UTC

Destroyer of Worlds
LML Star 125, Vespa GT200

Destroyer of Worlds
@ianp avatar
LML Star 125, Vespa GT200
UTC quote
Re: Moving to SF and need help- on where to park cheap
nick1 wrote:
Hi i have a new job in Down town San Francisco and I have a delima.

The street motor cycle parking meters according to my friend don't turn on until 8 AM and I don't know where I can rent a parking spot. I have to start my work day at 6:00 AM and can't return to the scooter during the day. Can any one help. I'd appreciate it.

I need to ride about 2.5 miles from Bart and am looking for a place to park at any of the following stations. I'd prefer covered parking that i can access if I go out drinking.

Montgomery, Civic, embarcadero, Powell, 19th and Mission.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
You can park at the 5th and Mission city-owned garage near Powell BART for $7 a day. There's a monthly rate also.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0124s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0038s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]