OP
@chirpy avatar
UTC

@chirpy avatar
UTC quote
I just bought a LX150 and went to the store and got a Shoei RF-1100 helmet in size large. Unfortunately it doesn't fit underneath the saddle.

Does anyone here have advice on a nice helmet in size large that will fit under my saddle? I have 7 days to exchange the helmet and would prefer to get something that fits inside the bike. Or else I will need to get a top box, which I'd prefer to avoid.

Thanks!
UTC

Addicted
2017 BV 350 Matte Black (donated)

Addicted
2017 BV 350 Matte Black (donated)
UTC quote
If it doesn't fit beneath the seat, it won't fit in the Vespa topcase either. I have a Shoei and hang it from the ring under the seat. If the helmet otherwise fits you, keep it because having a good, properly fitted helmet is far more important that getting one that fits under the seat.
@scooter_bug avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2007 LX 150 & 1969 Sprint Veloce

Molto Verboso
@scooter_bug avatar
2007 LX 150 & 1969 Sprint Veloce
UTC quote
I have fit a Scorpion EXO 700 helmet size large in my LX pet carrier. It closed but the top of the helmet pushed up on the underside of the seat. I'm not sure I would always want to stick one in it but for times when you don't want to use the helmet hook, it will be OK.
@mstevens avatar
UTC

Addicted
'05 LX 150 "Rosso Dragon"

Addicted
@mstevens avatar
UTC quote
I very seriously doubt there is any full-face helmet in any size that will fit under the seat.
OP
@chirpy avatar
UTC

@chirpy avatar
UTC quote
griffin1108 wrote:
I have a Shoei and hang it from the ring under the seat.
How secure is it to hang the helmet from the latch under the seat? Do people ever cut and steal them? I assume the answer is yet, but curious to hear if other have left their helmet hanging here for an extended period in a public parking spot.
@mstevens avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@mstevens avatar
UTC quote
chirpy wrote:
griffin1108 wrote:
I have a Shoei and hang it from the ring under the seat.
How secure is it to hang the helmet from the latch under the seat? Do people ever cut and steal them? I assume the answer is yet, but curious to hear if other have left their helmet hanging here for an extended period in a public parking spot.
Couldn't tell you. Around here, people leave their cars running during the winter when they're shopping. I don't even stop consider something like helmet theft. I'm more worried about bird poop or rain, so I take my helmet with me.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0088s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0015s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]