OP
UTC

Hooked
2019 VESPA SPRINT 150

Hooked
2019 VESPA SPRINT 150
UTC quote
Am I missing something? The dealer I bought the scoot from said 1st oil change @ 625 miles, but the maintenance schedule shows 12 months or 3800 miles, whichever occurs 1st. With full synthetic oil, this sounds correct to me. MOST of u seem to be adhering to the 625 change; what's up?
@jess avatar
UTC

Petty Tyrant
0:7 And counting

Petty Tyrant
@jess avatar
0:7 And counting
UTC quote
The warranty book for my GT definitely shows 625 miles being the first service.
OP
UTC

Hooked
2019 VESPA SPRINT 150

Hooked
2019 VESPA SPRINT 150
UTC quote
I'm wondering if the dealer and/or vespa usa changed the factory recommendation. I have the shop manual and the maintenance page in the shop manual is the same page reproduced on this site in an earlier post.. NO oil change at the 625 service.
@jerryg avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2005 Dragon Red Vespa ET4 Speedster

Ossessionato
@jerryg avatar
2005 Dragon Red Vespa ET4 Speedster
UTC quote
ET4 - 625mi - Change motor oil and gearbox oil.

Oil's cheap, Engines aren't.
@bvbob avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
'95 Yamaha Riva 125- '05 Piaggio BV200-'05 Honda Reflex-'08 Honda Metropolitan

Molto Verboso
@bvbob avatar
'95 Yamaha Riva 125- '05 Piaggio BV200-'05 Honda Reflex-'08 Honda Metropolitan
UTC quote
joel wrote:
I'm wondering if the dealer and/or vespa usa changed the factory recommendation. I have the shop manual and the maintenance page in the shop manual is the same page reproduced on this site in an earlier post.. NO oil change at the 625 service.
Joel- Most all bikes, Harleys, Suzukis, etc. not just most scooters, usually require their first service, oil/filter, rear end fluids, idle adjustments, etc. around 600 miles. I haven't looked at it in awhile but I remember that my Piaggio owner's manual is kinda difficult to read as to determining the maintence schedule. This is my second Piaggio and both "seemed" to break-in or at least felt better all around after the first service. Both my scoots seemed to run better and definately got better gas mileage at around 700 miles. I'd follow what the engineers evidently know. Just my 2 cents....
@tfauch avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@tfauch avatar
UTC quote
oil shmoil
You just broke in your engine. Things are starting to fit together the way they want. If you have any scraping or shavings going on in either the gear box or engine you'll want to get them out. They aren't out to get you with the oil change but maybe they are. 8)

Tim
@ramrezz425 avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@ramrezz425 avatar
UTC quote
oil change
1st. service @ 625miles, definatly!
@rjvespa07 avatar
UTC

Burgman 650

@rjvespa07 avatar
Burgman 650
UTC quote
I have a Suzuki Burgman with 5000+ miles ... dealer told me the first oil change was at 600 miles. They also told me not to listen to the advocates of the "rough break in" meaning its ok to exceed the manufacturers guidelines related to "winding out" or tach out the engine. I was told to take it easy and not to exceed certain rpm level in that first 600 miles. for what its woth ...
@pdxvespa avatar
UTC

Modératrice
2005 Cobalt Blue ET4

Modératrice
@pdxvespa avatar
2005 Cobalt Blue ET4
UTC quote
I recently learned (here, thanks) that the ET4's first service, incl. oil change, is due at 625 mi (about 300 mi late in my case...). P.S. I went to the dealer, helmet in hand, this week, & they forgave me my sins-- Service scheduled next week.
@shag avatar
UTC

Hooked
2007 GTS250, 2014 GTS 300 Super, 2009 Harley Crossbones, 883 Super Low Harley, 2010 LX150

Hooked
@shag avatar
2007 GTS250, 2014 GTS 300 Super, 2009 Harley Crossbones, 883 Super Low Harley, 2010 LX150
UTC quote
LX 150
My dealer told me to change the oils (rear & crank) around 600miles. Surprisingly he said to wait on the oil filter change until the next oil change, which I was planning at 2500 miles but did it early because my rear tire wore out at 1600 miles and I figured that since it was easy to change the fluids with the tire off I would. At 1600 miles the rear hub oil was as clean as new (it was only 1000 miles old) so I left it in. The crankcase oil was quite dirty however, so I changed it out and the filter.
I didn't like the idea of not changing out the filter at 600 but he is the guy who will be providing warranty work, if required, so I followed his advise to the "T" !
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0447s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0016s) ][ Debug on ][ 309 ][ Thing One ]