OP
UTC

'05 GT 200

'05 GT 200
UTC quote
I'm Rick from Toronto, I just purchased a used 05 GT with 2400km on it. It was a toss up between a used GT and a new GTS which was in stock and up for grabs. After much pondering I went in to get the GTS but ended up choosing the GT when I got to the store. Must of got struck by a jolt of reality, I didn't like the red the GTS came in and my ego just
wasn't worth the extra $3,000 for the the new model. The minimal performance increase just didn't make up for the difference in price over the used GT.

Out the door was $6,300 Cdn. and I can't beleive I spent another $500 over and above that for a top case. I'm enjoying reading all of your posts. I've riden bikes for 30 years and presently have a P200E that I've never rode on the street but was much enjoyed at the cottage. I hope to bring it back to life soon. I also have at present a '71 Triumph Tiger
which awaits yet more servicing, hence my decision to get some dependable transportation. As far as I am concerned there are only two types of scooters. Vespas and Lambrettas. Some of the Japanese bike makers have made great strides in complimenting thier motorcycle line up and wilst they might technically hold thier own alongside Vespa,
they are just not in the same class period (in my humble opinion).

I bought my GT without even riding it (and probably won't be riding it for some time due to snow) or any other GT for that matter. I know it will confortably cruise at 100 kph and zip me around the city as the real 'better way'. It also has two years left on the extended warranty. My choice of ride has been delightfully re-enforced by all of your posts. I have a couple of questions if I may... How do you suppose the ransmission will handle a wee trailer or sidecar? and Does anyone know of anyone who has gone this route with thier GTs.? I anticipate my options will be the P200 for the hack if I really need it but a small
trailer might hold some camping gear quite nicely. Would this void the extended warranty? Oh ya, I got a black one with the brown seat and matching back rest on the top bag. I will probably opt for the mid size windscreen or not. I was hoping for a 5 minute on and off item but your posts don't seem to indicate that one exists. Maybe I'll use the goggles or
add a 3/4 with visor for long rides.

I'm here thanks to Beale from the vespagt200 board.
Cheers
@tfauch avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@tfauch avatar
UTC quote
Welcome Rick
Way to start off the New Year.

Tim
@ifixjets avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
01 ET2 - 01 ET4 -- 05 GT200L / 05 PX150 / 1986? Honda CH150 Deluxe.

Ossessionato
@ifixjets avatar
01 ET2 - 01 ET4 -- 05 GT200L / 05 PX150 / 1986? Honda CH150 Deluxe.
UTC quote
Hello Rick
Hello Rick. I have two windscreens that I can interchange in about 10 mins. I use the Tall version for winter and I have a shorter midsized screen from FACO that I will use in the summer. Just takes a few mins to unbolt the windshield and swap it out. Hope you have fun with the new GT, happy riding. Bear.
@jess avatar
UTC

Petty Tyrant
0:7 And counting

Petty Tyrant
@jess avatar
0:7 And counting
UTC quote
Congratulations, and welcome to the forum, Rick. I'm sure you'll like your GT.
@beale avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
None! I sold it :(

Ossessionato
@beale avatar
None! I sold it :(
UTC quote
Hey Rick!! Glad to see you on this site. Hope you enjoy your scoot, and the site, Beale.
@shag avatar
UTC

Hooked
2007 GTS250, 2014 GTS 300 Super, 2009 Harley Crossbones, 883 Super Low Harley, 2010 LX150

Hooked
@shag avatar
2007 GTS250, 2014 GTS 300 Super, 2009 Harley Crossbones, 883 Super Low Harley, 2010 LX150
UTC quote
GT200...........
Great story Rick. It sounds like you are all about having fun via Vespa!
I love my new LX150 but will admit to occasionally wondering if I should have gotten the GT200. Either way you really can't go wrong!

I also have a FACO mid size windscreen...........it took maybe 15-20 mins to originally install but would only take 5 mins to remove and reinstall. I might take if off in summer but never in the winter. Cheers.
@vespasfw3 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2006 Vespa GTS250ie, 2004 Vespa ET4, 2022 Royal Enfield Himalayan, 2001 Kawasaki W650.

Ossessionato
@vespasfw3 avatar
2006 Vespa GTS250ie, 2004 Vespa ET4, 2022 Royal Enfield Himalayan, 2001 Kawasaki W650.
UTC quote
Congratulations on joining the site. It is a great place to learn all sorts of things about Vespas.

The GT200 is a great scooter.

steve
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0246s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0016s) ][ Debug on ][ 309 ][ Thing One ]