@bemocked avatar
UTC

Hooked
PX200

Hooked
@bemocked avatar
PX200
UTC quote
I've been in the market for an LX150 for commuting on since I moved back to the USA (and sadly had to sell my lovely plum LX150 overseas when I left).

I just got my LX150, I thought I'd have to pick a new color, and I've been growing quite enamored with the espresso color that the new LXV's come in, however a plum one that was in the condition I wanted and at a price I could live with just popped in to my lap.

My new scoot came with an S-touring seat with the white piping installed, and a faux-suede black-charcoal colored (LX style) top case back pad (as pictured). I've had an LXV seat and matching back pad stored, waiting for the right LX to come along, but now that I have the plum, I am thinking that maybe the black S seat is actually a sleeker and more practical look than the brown leather would be with the plum?

If I keep the black S-seat mounted, I will source a S-type top case back pad (with the white piping).

...thoughts or opinions?

photos to illustrate [edit: last photo shows the LXV seat sitting on top of the S seat, on the scoot]:

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

I am planning to keep the windscreen on for now, and have already removed the floormat.
⚠️ Last edited by bemocked on UTC; edited 2 times
@vezpa avatar
UTC

Banned
Vespa GTS 300 Super & Vespa P125X

Banned
@vezpa avatar
Vespa GTS 300 Super & Vespa P125X
UTC quote
The S seat you have on there looks absolutely perfect. No need to look further.
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
Sweet scooter but then i'm partial to plum LX 150's I think it looks good. for me i like the stock seat's color but i've got a suede Schendoni seat i throw on there when i have a great sunny day with no rain.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
OP
@bemocked avatar
UTC

Hooked
PX200

Hooked
@bemocked avatar
PX200
UTC quote
judy wrote:
Sweet scooter but then i'm partial to plum LX 150's I think it looks good. for me i like the stock seat's color but i've got a suede Schendoni seat i throw on there when i have a great sunny day with no rain.
Nice looking scoot you have there as well. Do you have the locks in both seats keyed the same for when you swap them out?

I was partial to the stock beige seat on the plum as well, but this one came as pictured with the black S-seat, so not an option for me unless I go buy one (a *third seat*) ...and the look with the sleeker black seat is growing on me.
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
Thanks. No i have a different lock for it. I like the black seat on yours. check out the for sale section on here and you can find seats of all types that people are getting rid of.
@fay_presto avatar
UTC

Addicted
Piaggio Mp3250

Addicted
@fay_presto avatar
Piaggio Mp3250
UTC quote
Pity, if I lived in Texas, or you lived in England I could meke you an offer for the Lxv seat, just what I'm looking for!

Fay
OP
@bemocked avatar
UTC

Hooked
PX200

Hooked
@bemocked avatar
PX200
UTC quote
...the LXV seat is not for sale.

I got it quite cheap a couple years ago, and I am happy to hang onto it.
UTC

Enthusiast
2010 Vespa S 150

Enthusiast
2010 Vespa S 150
UTC quote
The leather seat in that color with your scoot is amazing, original ans way cool!!!
@fay_presto avatar
UTC

Addicted
Piaggio Mp3250

Addicted
@fay_presto avatar
Piaggio Mp3250
UTC quote
I just lurve the roll bag.
fay
UTC

Enthusiast
2010 Vespa S 150

Enthusiast
2010 Vespa S 150
UTC quote
Fay how is the weather in London??
@dooglas avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@dooglas avatar
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125
UTC quote
I like the look of the S touring seat on your plum 150. I'd call that good and go forward.
@fay_presto avatar
UTC

Addicted
Piaggio Mp3250

Addicted
@fay_presto avatar
Piaggio Mp3250
UTC quote
Lovely scootering weather, just get on and ride, I'm not an Toreador Pants rider, I'm a MOTGMOT, (Most Of The Gear Most Of The Time) and this is not the time!

Any time the temperature is above 20 degrees, the ride home from working in the west end fleshpots is a complete Joy.

Fay

I want to find a second hand Lxv seat and try and fit it on the scoot.......... An Mp3 with the speed of light, A black cover on the LxV saddle, a few silver studs and a hearty Hi Ho Silver, awaaaaaaay
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0172s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0090s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]