OP
@gogogordy avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Reprehensible Misinformant
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7575
Location: Winchester, California
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@gogogordy avatar
Reprehensible Misinformant
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7575
Location: Winchester, California
UTC quote
Is it possible to post a photo to this forum from a 'Pad?
For the life of me.....
@jess avatar
UTC

Petty Tyrant
0:7 And counting
Joined: UTC
Posts: 37216
Location: Bay Area, California
 
Petty Tyrant
@jess avatar
0:7 And counting
Joined: UTC
Posts: 37216
Location: Bay Area, California
UTC quote
Yes, but not in the usual way. You've got to use the post-by-email feature. Hit the @ sign in the upper left of the thread, and you'll get your own personalized email address for emailing to that thread.
OP
@gogogordy avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Reprehensible Misinformant
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7575
Location: Winchester, California
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@gogogordy avatar
Reprehensible Misinformant
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7575
Location: Winchester, California
UTC quote
jess wrote:
Yes, but not in the usual way. You've got to use the post-by-email feature. Hit the @ sign in the upper left of the thread, and you'll get your own personalized email address for emailing to that thread.
Thanks! That would be any thread even one I did not initiate?
@jess avatar
UTC

Petty Tyrant
0:7 And counting
Joined: UTC
Posts: 37216
Location: Bay Area, California
 
Petty Tyrant
@jess avatar
0:7 And counting
Joined: UTC
Posts: 37216
Location: Bay Area, California
UTC quote
Sorry, upper right.

Yes, any thread, but each one has its own email address.
OP
@gogogordy avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Reprehensible Misinformant
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7575
Location: Winchester, California
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@gogogordy avatar
Reprehensible Misinformant
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7575
Location: Winchester, California
UTC quote
jess wrote:
Sorry, upper right.

Yes, any thread, but each one has its own email address.
Very good!
Thank you.
@jess avatar
UTC

Petty Tyrant
0:7 And counting
Joined: UTC
Posts: 37216
Location: Bay Area, California
 
Petty Tyrant
@jess avatar
0:7 And counting
Joined: UTC
Posts: 37216
Location: Bay Area, California
UTC quote
Oh bother. Patrick says (in another thread) that post by email is broken. So I'll have to go figure out why.
OP
@gogogordy avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Reprehensible Misinformant
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7575
Location: Winchester, California
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@gogogordy avatar
Reprehensible Misinformant
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7575
Location: Winchester, California
UTC quote
jess wrote:
Oh bother. Patrick says (in another thread) that post by email is broken. So I'll have to go figure out why.
After extensive testing, I tend to believe that!

At least I know how to now....
@m2db avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa LX150 and GTS 300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 232
Location: Milwaukee
 
Hooked
@m2db avatar
Vespa LX150 and GTS 300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 232
Location: Milwaukee
UTC quote
Good info as I use just the iPad now and didn't think I could post pics though. Thanks for asking and answering guys!
@quasi-moto avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
SawStop
Joined: UTC
Posts: 5391
Location: Puyallup, WA
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@quasi-moto avatar
SawStop
Joined: UTC
Posts: 5391
Location: Puyallup, WA
UTC quote
jess wrote:
Oh bother. Patrick says (in another thread) that post by email is broken. So I'll have to go figure out why.
Ah...now I know why my picture didn't post to a thread today!
@jess avatar
UTC

Petty Tyrant
0:7 And counting
Joined: UTC
Posts: 37216
Location: Bay Area, California
 
Petty Tyrant
@jess avatar
0:7 And counting
Joined: UTC
Posts: 37216
Location: Bay Area, California
UTC quote
Looks like it broke last night or this morning. Pictures were being processed as of yesterday, but the ones sent today are sitting in the queue. The email processing script looks like it's having trouble opening up the mailbox to check the current mail.

Ah. Looks like my webhost is having trouble with an obscure corner of the service today. For the geeky, there's a problem with a specific SSL certificate, which only applies while accessing email through a special access domain. Blah blah blah nobody is still reading this far so I'll just use it as an opportunity to pontificate upon the nature of navel lint, which is really quite fascinating when you think about it. I mean, where does all that lint come from?

Anyway, I'm trying to find a workaround. It'll be a race to see whether my webhost fixes it or I find an alternate solution first.
OP
@gogogordy avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Reprehensible Misinformant
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7575
Location: Winchester, California
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@gogogordy avatar
Reprehensible Misinformant
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7575
Location: Winchester, California
UTC quote
Sent from my iPad

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

@jess avatar
UTC

Petty Tyrant
0:7 And counting
Joined: UTC
Posts: 37216
Location: Bay Area, California
 
Petty Tyrant
@jess avatar
0:7 And counting
Joined: UTC
Posts: 37216
Location: Bay Area, California
UTC quote
Success! I found a workaround to the problem, and all the pending messages (there were 14 in the queue) have been processed.
@m2db avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa LX150 and GTS 300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 232
Location: Milwaukee
 
Hooked
@m2db avatar
Vespa LX150 and GTS 300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 232
Location: Milwaukee
UTC quote
Sent from iPad
My lx150 at a rally this weekend





Michael Bruening
Smiles Distributors
414.803.9255

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

OP
@gogogordy avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Reprehensible Misinformant
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7575
Location: Winchester, California
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@gogogordy avatar
Reprehensible Misinformant
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7575
Location: Winchester, California
UTC quote
jess wrote:
Looks like it broke last night or this morning. Pictures were being processed as of yesterday, but the ones sent today are sitting in the queue. The email processing script looks like it's having trouble opening up the mailbox to check the current mail.

Ah. Looks like my webhost is having trouble with an obscure corner of the service today. For the geeky, there's a problem with a specific SSL certificate, which only applies while accessing email through a special access domain. Blah blah blah nobody is still reading this far so I'll just use it as an opportunity to pontificate upon the nature of navel lint, which is really quite fascinating when you think about it. I mean, where does all that lint come from?

Anyway, I'm trying to find a workaround. It'll be a race to see whether my webhost fixes it or I find an alternate solution first.
Navel lint....I'm still on Navel Jelly!
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee
 

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com


All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.


[ Time: 0.0129s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0033s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]