@mrscience2008 avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
2009 BV 250

Enthusiast
@mrscience2008 avatar
2009 BV 250
UTC quote
The garage is on Wilson, between George and Melrose. This is also a Zip car location. Google Zip Cars Brooklyn locations to get the exact location. PM me if you want to contact my daughter for more information.
@ct_scooter_boy avatar
UTC

Vespa LX 150 , Piaggio X9 Evolution 500

@ct_scooter_boy avatar
Vespa LX 150 , Piaggio X9 Evolution 500
UTC quote
I've been using a $6.99 BBQ grill cover. It's black, covers my scoot and is waterproof. May Not look custom but its cheap and functional. It has elastic too!
UTC

'09 GTV 125

'09 GTV 125
UTC quote
Having had a few encounters with thieves in the night ( first time ignition broken and steering lock kicked off, last time front headset, horn cover, headlight system all stolen, which unsurprisingly was the last straw) I'd wondered whether the local police advice of, "you should get a cover for it" was just a token and feeble source of something constructive to say.

I definitely think the flashy looking official Vespa-accessory covers give off too much "come get me" eyes to thieves, but I've formed the opinion that a plain, even dingy looking cover has got to be a good thing, for the following reasons.

Most thieves are opportunistic : Vespa's are attractive looking items, dark, shabby, uninteresting looking covers are not.

If they're not opportunistic, they're probably lazy, almost by definition:
If scum and dummer are driving around looking the streets for a Pearlescent White LX to steal (for whatever reason) they're going to either drive around until they find one, decide to steal something else, or give up and go home. What they're less likely to do imo is drive around and check under every cover until they find one.

Helps keep your baby clean and dry (and a decent one won't damage paintwork).

Since the last thievery, I park my bike out of sight in a neighbouring block of flats that has a fenced in run of garages. It's got the added protection of a pillar that I can tie my chain around.

Ok, it's an extra two minutes in the evening and a valuable 90 seconds in the morning taking the cover on and off. The other thing that pisses me off a bit is the amount of space it takes up in the bin, which I know is going to bite me in the bum (ha) someday when I need it. But all things considered I feel much more secure with the cover than without it.

Until/unless I'm proved wrong of course. I'll be sure to post that if it happens - so hopefully you won't hear from me again about it!

(Ps am I allowed to post a link to where I bought it? Didn't want to break any rules)
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
UTC quote
SmokeyGrey wrote:
(Ps am I allowed to post a link to where I bought it? Didn't want to break any rules)
No problem with that.
UTC

'09 GTV 125

'09 GTV 125
UTC quote
http://www.dustoffcovers.co.uk/

... hear from me except to post this, that is - thx Jim
@laura avatar
UTC

Hooked
1977 Primavera ET3 , 2006 125 Genuine , SYM HD 200 ( run over by an RV). 05 Piaggio BV250 & 2002 Honda CBR F4i, 2002 HD Sportster 1200 XL , NO CAGE

Hooked
@laura avatar
1977 Primavera ET3 , 2006 125 Genuine , SYM HD 200 ( run over by an RV). 05 Piaggio BV250 & 2002 Honda CBR F4i, 2002 HD Sportster 1200 XL , NO CAGE
UTC quote
Harvey wrote:
You could always spray paint your new cover "Stolen from" with your address on it.
That's what I finally did. I still have it!
Laura
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0417s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0335s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]