OP
UTC

GTS250

GTS250
UTC quote
Just install Dr Pulley's on my GTS last week, and so far am very happy with the performance gain in acceleration. I used the 11.2 gram weights. How long do these roller weights last, and any wear issues with other parts i.e. belts, variator, etc.?
@elvispa avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS 300

Addicted
@elvispa avatar
GTS 300
UTC quote
Re: Installed Dr Pulley's on GTS
The reports on the Dr. Pulley sliders have not been numerous on this forum. Lots of approximating, etc. Thanks for the post, and keep us posted.
jfltravel wrote:
Just install Dr Pulley's on my GTS last week, and so far am very happy with the performance gain in acceleration. I used the 11.2 gram weights. How long do these roller weights last, and any wear issues with other parts i.e. belts, variator, etc.?
@cajun_critter avatar
UTC

Hooked
07 GT 200

Hooked
@cajun_critter avatar
07 GT 200
UTC quote
Please keep up posted! You hear a lot but no confirmations, like they cause the belt to rub against the CVT cover or something like that.
UTC

Hooked
2011 GTS 300 Super Sport

Hooked
2011 GTS 300 Super Sport
UTC quote
subscribed How much performance gain can you actually feel (%)?
@mark3eric avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
VESPA GTS250,

Enthusiast
@mark3eric avatar
VESPA GTS250,
UTC quote
Do you lose any top end and does it adversely affect mpg?

Very interested to read an informative and honest review, please keep us informed.
@fluffy avatar
UTC

Hooked
Beverly 350 "Mavis"

Hooked
@fluffy avatar
Beverly 350 "Mavis"
UTC quote
I've got 9000km on my Dr. Pulleys now, and they've been great.

My first set went in at 10000km, these were 11g SR2117. A good replacement for stock, with a bit more poke. I changed these at 15000km just because I wanted to pfaff around with the weights- there was no abnormal wear on either the belt or the sliders that came out then.

I'm now running 10.5g, a mix of 10g & 11g SR2117, evenly distributed around the variator. Note that these must be installed 10-11-10-11-10-11. Note that the weight is only marked on the tin- not on the slider. I used a whiteboard marker in the groove on top to mark them, so be careful. I find that this combo gives a few more revs at WOT, but not too many- It pulls just under maximum power (somewhere between 7500 & 8250 RPM on the imprecise tacho) at WOT, but is happy to pootle around when I'm more relaxed.

I haven't noticed any decline in economy, that seems more dependant on how I ride than anything else. The only slight tradeoff I have noticed is a slight reduction in engine braking at low speeds, which doesn't bother me too much.

Note that these results are in a stock variator with OEM belts, others have had "mixed" results using these in Polini variators or with Malossi belts. Also be sure to use the correct size- SR2117 for Quasar engines, with a weight close to or just under stock (the above noted being for a 250).

Enjoy!
OP
UTC

GTS250

GTS250
UTC quote
Thanks for the information and review.

The marketing jargon says they last longer than regular weights, but what does that mean? How much longer?

I also read from one person that belts do not last as long using Dr Pulley weights, but I wanted to hear from others about belt life.

From my short personal experience with Dr Pulley's I do like them over stock. I am still getting used to the way the RPM's quickly rev up to 6000 RPM's from a stop up to about 50 mph and then increase as speed increases. I think the biggest gain in performance is from 10-50 mph. I have not tested performance with speeds beyond 60 mph.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0143s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0068s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]