OP
@corado avatar
UTC

LX 70cc(08) / Px 150cc (89)

@corado avatar
UTC quote
Can anyone help me please with a "blueprint" for a leg cover for my lx. I really dont have the money to buy one from the store right now. i anted to make my one, but first i need a "blueprint". Thanks for the help
UTC

Hooked
07 Genuine Buddy 125 and 09 Sym RV250

Hooked
07 Genuine Buddy 125 and 09 Sym RV250
UTC quote
Umm, do you mean a pattern?

Take a blanket that is as long as your front from waist to the tops of your shoes and as wide as you want it (try maybe 18 inches from the side seam of your pants down one either side, plus the width needed to reach across your lap).

sit on the scooter with the lap cover on your lap, you will have anough to fold over to make a casing at your waist for a belt (use velcro to fasten the thing, it is strong enough and makes getting it on and off easier). the sides will form V shape folds (fuss with it if needed until it makes a nice shape that folds flat) from the outsides of your knees on down. You will make what is essentially a very large "dart" to make the proper shape. You can remove the fabric from the dart if you want, but you could also just leave it there to help add body to the sides and help with flapping (you want the dart to fold with the wind, so think about it and it will make sense, fold it so the open side of the fold is toward the back of the scooter). Stitch the dart closed securely.

Trim what will become the hem of the whole thing into a nice rounded off shape (I suggest using a metal trash can lid to form the rounded corners, that should be the perfect size).

Then, get a few layers of seam binding and use that around the bottom to help stiffen it up, I am thinking I might use some metal wire next time to make it even more stiff and help prevent flapping... Make sure all the edges are finished up nicely and go for a ride!

Hope this helps a little.

Cheers,-v
OP
@corado avatar
UTC

@corado avatar
UTC quote
Thanks for the advices, they will come very handy! I'm glad that I'm not the only cucu that wants to make his own cover. The idea with the wire came 2 me 2, but i thought that it will make it harder to fold, so i gave it up, but I have another idea ... magnets on the front so it wont flap. Can you make a picture so i can see how yours came up ?
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0071s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0014s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]