@mplkn avatar
UTC

Hooked
2009 MP3 400ie

Hooked
@mplkn avatar
2009 MP3 400ie
UTC quote
I bought it brand new in 2007, and now must make room for its bigger, more new-fangled cousin, newly arrived from Italy, an MP3 400.

So, if you're looking for the original, unvarnished, "two-stroke roar of pure Italian passion" Vespa experience, then here's where you can get your hands on the real thing.

This engine was lovingly and correctly broken in when new. Now I run it on Amzoil synthetic. Has just over 5200 miles on it, all within about 25 miles of its home in State College, PA, mostly by "taking the long way" whenever possible: this scooter just begs you to do it!

After break-in of the engine, I traded out the catalytic-converted stock muffler and installed a Sito+ and upjetted the carb, all under the guidance of a well-known aftermarket scooter parts source (indeed, a frequent sponsor of Modern Vespa). The result: a little bit louder, but now the engine can breathe the way it was designed to do (and picked up a ton of grunt for in-town and extra top end for the back-country roads).

Not really for the interstates - but fantastic for exploring the world of two-lane highways. A perfect commuting machine. Two-up riding is okay as long as you observe Vespa's factory-recommended tire pressures.

Comes with a Vespa top-case that I almost never keep on the bike, preferring the luggage racks, especially the front spring-loaded rack. (In fact, if you look carefully at the pictures, the top case might seem askew: that's because all I did was set it on the rack without attaching it and it shifted...)

Removed the breakage-prone modern mirror stalks from the headset, neatly capped the holes, and then installed original-style dual brackets used for both mirrors and windshield.

Comes with a Haynes shop manual (I think I can find it), the original muffler (if you really want it), and a decent spare tire. This is one really nice Vespa.

Anyway, take a look at the pictures and then contact me if you're interested. You won't find a cleaner, nicer, more cared-for 2005 PX-150. There may be others out there, but I want you to know that this one is coming from an owner who really cared for the machine. I'm hoping the next owner will, too: this is a scooter for real riding and driving.

Price? I'd like to find you, the new owner, before winter. Kelly Blue Book says $2860 retail. Let's say $2650 - that's $210 below Kelly Blue Book. Let's get 'er done!

Thanks for looking!
Unretouched, not cleaned up - this is just a fabulously-running example of a properly broken-in, well-loved ride
Unretouched, not cleaned up - this is just a fabulously-running example of a properly broken-in, well-loved ride
Clean, Clean, Clean - I wish I could attach larger files!
Clean, Clean, Clean - I wish I could attach larger files!
Pictures don't do it justice: I hadn't even cleaned it yet - just rode it to this spot and shot the pictures.
Pictures don't do it justice: I hadn't even cleaned it yet - just rode it to this spot and shot the pictures.
5264.8 lovingly ridden miles
5264.8 lovingly ridden miles
Good old fashioned mirror and windshield brackets
Good old fashioned mirror and windshield brackets
Clean, Clean, Clean - This is simply what it looks like. All rubber parts nice, little or no visible wear.
Clean, Clean, Clean - This is simply what it looks like. All rubber parts nice, little or no visible wear.
⚠️ Last edited by mplkn on UTC; edited 5 times
@desmolicious avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@desmolicious avatar
UTC quote
Bump for such a nicely written ad!
@brodyfrompa avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
04 GT200 & 2005 PX150(sold), 2005 Bajaj Tuktuk

Molto Verboso
@brodyfrompa avatar
04 GT200 & 2005 PX150(sold), 2005 Bajaj Tuktuk
UTC quote
pm sent...
OP
@mplkn avatar
UTC

Hooked
2009 MP3 400ie

Hooked
@mplkn avatar
2009 MP3 400ie
UTC quote
bump....
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0142s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0078s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]