@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
Frickin pot holes. Yesterday i was coming home from getting my hair cut and i hit a pot hole. Wasn't there 2 days ago. It sheared my valve stem on my front tire causing all the air to leave my tire. This is not a good thing. Crying or Very sad emoticon I had to ride it about a mile to find a place that i could safely pull off. The only good thing was that it was about 3 miles from my house. Called a friend and he brought the my bike pump up ( rode the Vino). He was able to get some air into it and i limped home. It will be towed into the shop on Monday. I'm getting a few other things for it and i'll get it all done. Repainted a spare muffler and i'll swap them out when it's there as well. Also on my way to the hair cut i got behind this ass wipe in a big truck who kept going off the side of the road. I was showered with rocks every time he did that. Looked like he did it on purpose. I was 3 car lengths behind him and still got pelted. The wind didn't help me. Because i had to ride with it flat i think i should get a new tire? Front one never wears out but i have 4,500 miles on it.
@tommylittlescooter avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
BV200, P200E (2),V90 and now a Big Ruckus

Molto Verboso
@tommylittlescooter avatar
BV200, P200E (2),V90 and now a Big Ruckus
UTC quote
Airlines that won't let you check in earlier then 2 hrs from your flight time
@kshansen avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)

Molto Verboso
@kshansen avatar
GTV300 (wife's)
UTC quote
judy wrote:
Because i had to ride with it flat i think i should get a new tire? Front one never wears out but i have 4,500 miles on it.
Hate to spend someone else's money but I would give it some serious thought. All it will take is one more pot hole and it could fail at the worst time.
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
K that's ok. I'm going to swap it out. IMHO good tires are the most essential part of the scooter. Not a place to cheap out. Just wish i could bill the state and get my money back. That's like peeing in the ocean, you won't get anywhere.
@northernerbill avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
lx 50

Molto Verboso
@northernerbill avatar
lx 50
UTC quote
Pedantic non helpful responses on this forum.
@tdrake avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2006 GT200

Ossessionato
@tdrake avatar
2006 GT200
UTC quote
judy wrote:
K that's ok. I'm going to swap it out. IMHO good tires are the most essential part of the scooter. Not a place to cheap out. Just wish i could bill the state and get my money back. That's like peeing in the ocean, you won't get anywhere.
This is probably TMI, but I freakin' love peeing in the ocean.

Because it means I'm in the ocean.

Well, also because it means I'm peeing...in the ocean (!), but mainly because ocean!

I'd replace the tire.
@kshansen avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)

Molto Verboso
@kshansen avatar
GTV300 (wife's)
UTC quote
judy wrote:
That's like peeing in the ocean, you won't get anywhere.
So is that the cause of the " Brown water advisory" in Oahu I saw mention in our newspaper?
@madison_sully avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@madison_sully avatar
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT
UTC quote
kshansen wrote:
judy wrote:
That's like peeing in the ocean, you won't get anywhere.
So is that the cause of the " Brown water advisory" in Oahu I saw mention in our newspaper?
Dude, if your pee is brown you need to get something checked.
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
ROFL emoticon ROFL emoticon Great answers. I love this forum. If we get any more rain i'll have to put pontoons on Leo. Laughing emoticon
@mpfrank avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2020 MP3 500 HPE Sport ABS/ASR
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula

Ossessionato
@mpfrank avatar
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
UTC quote
northernerbill wrote:
Pedantic non helpful responses on this forum.
I couldn't agree more.

You, however, are not the first person to notice this phenomenon. In 1955 Klaus Holst wrote a paper that showed that there was an inverse relationship between word length and and helpfulness of responses to queries.

Coincidentally, in that same year, Franz Helzheimer, wrote a paper showing an inverse relationship between intelligibility and sentence length. Since these papers were published in German, a language notorious for both the above attributes, they were little-read until the 1960's when they were nominated for the Flinders Prize, often called "the Nobel Prize for semanticists".

Both men, now in their 80s, were told that the prize was to be awarded jointly. Both men declined, insisting on sole credit. This stalemate lasted several years until Helzheimer relented. Holst, now tragically terminally ill, had retired to his chalet in the Swiss Alps to spend his final months.

So Helzheimer set out to meet with him and convince him to accept the prize together. He made it as far as the nearest village to the chalet, but from there on the roads were snowed in. Desperate for the prize, Helzheimer rented a snowmobile. Tragically, the snowmobile broke down and he perished. Ironically, Holst had passed away the day before.

The reason these papers are little known to this day is that the heirs of both men entered into a protracted legal battle over who should receive credit for these ideas. The court issued an injunction on dissemination of the papers until this was resolved.

That resolution came only last year when the whole thing was thrown out of court. The court's written decision is considered to be one of the lengthiest and least intelligible documents ever written, generating several papers on the inverse relationship between document length and legal relevance.

What was the question?
⚠️ Last edited by mpfrank on UTC; edited 1 time
@znomit avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190 Friday afternoon special, Primavera, S50, some pushbikes

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@znomit avatar
UTC quote
What was wrong with the snowmobile?
@mpfrank avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@mpfrank avatar
UTC quote
znomit wrote:
What was wrong with the snowmobile?
Wrong oil.
@max6200 avatar
UTC

Banned
2006 GTS 250

Banned
@max6200 avatar
2006 GTS 250
UTC quote
Re: pfffft
T5bitza69 wrote:
Thanx peeps ..... it's just fuckin hard knowing im off but don't know when
There is no tomorrow or yesterday. No future or past. There is only today. I have faced death before and learned that I really should be living one day at a time. Take time to write a will and a power of attorney if you haven't yet. Let your folks remember how they will say good bye when the day comes. Personally I want to be cremated and just throw my ashes in the garbage. My few belongings will go to the Honor Society of my choice. That is my doc's foundation. My heart sinks when I think about your situation. Hence my absence.
OP
@santiago avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Vespa GTS

Ossessionato
@santiago avatar
Vespa GTS
UTC quote
I just popped into the forum and I'm shocked that this thread I created seven years ago is still alive. Laughing emoticon
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
BITZA you never know. I've cheated death a few times. Both of my parents died young (45) i was 20 and 25. Being a only child it wiped out my nuclear family. I've learned to live each day as if it was my last. When i was younger it used to piss me off that good people died and serial killer live to be in their 80's. I also believe that you never really leave friends and family. There's been a few things over the years that make me go Wha? emoticon Think of all the good things you've done and had. There are people who are worse off. Until now you've been able to do things, some people haven't even been able to do that. MAX hang in there my friend.Same advice to you.
@znomit avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@znomit avatar
UTC quote
Self inflicted I guess.

Lower exhaust mount. Good thing I have two.

Had to pull the exhaust to check out a rear wheel wobble, found this. Grrrrrr.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@cballweg avatar
UTC

Hooked
Honda Aero 1100

Hooked
@cballweg avatar
Honda Aero 1100
UTC quote
judy wrote:
Vintage they don't consider 2 wheeled riders over here too. They just put these very dangerous raised bike logos on the roads out here. Supposed to imply that part of the road is shared by bicyclists. Very dangerous, especially when their wet. I've slid on them more than once. Raised anything is dangerous IMHO.
Kinda typical government wisdom. The very things they think will protect bicycle riders turn out to be hazards for those they think they are protecting plus the rest of us that ride on 2 wheels.
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
UTC quote
Santiago wrote:
I just popped into the forum and I'm shocked that this thread I created seven years ago is still alive. Laughing emoticon
Sorry, Santiago, this belongs in the "What's Cheering Me Up Today" thread. Razz emoticon
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
Z Glad you found it. Hit a bump and then watch your engine fly.
@znomit avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@znomit avatar
UTC quote
judy wrote:
Z Glad you found it. Hit a bump and then watch your engine fly.
Man, the exhaust rattles a lot with only one bolt. Thought the engine was going to blow up again. Fixed now. I think.
@t5bitza69 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@t5bitza69 avatar
T5s
UTC quote
ballsed
fickin bank holiday Monday n I've felt like shite all day till now .. say till now but i still feel crappy just not as.... wanted to surprise our lass n take her out

think it's me stent that's gone...... doctor did say it's wasn't visible on me scan. ..... another camera down me neck 😦😢
@cballweg avatar
UTC

Hooked
Honda Aero 1100

Hooked
@cballweg avatar
Honda Aero 1100
UTC quote
Re: ballsed
[quote=

think it's me stent that's gone...... doctor did say it's wasn't visible on me scan. ..... another camera down me neck 😦😢[/quote]

Don't know your physical issues, but suggest you ask your doctor about EEGC (Enhanced External Counterpulsation). This system is used extensively in China instead of stents and is non-invasive. You can learn more than I can tell you with a Google search. Takes about 7 weeks, several treatments per week.
@t5bitza69 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@t5bitza69 avatar
T5s
UTC quote
mints
Aren't they for hearts ....... mines in me bile gland ..... well it was
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
UTC quote
I live in a city and a street where if there isn't a freaken marathon there is some protest or charity walk where they shut the roads pretty much down. It gets SO frustrating and why they have to shutdown major arteries downtown in a major city is beyond me. Why can't they do these in the burbs where most of these people probably live anyway?!
@jkj-fz6 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
BV400, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125

Ossessionato
@jkj-fz6 avatar
UTC quote
Harbinger wrote:
I live in a city and a street where if there isn't a freaken marathon there is some protest or charity walk where they shut the roads pretty much down. It gets SO frustrating and why they have to shutdown major arteries downtown in a major city is beyond me. Why can't they do these in the burbs where most of these people probably live anyway?!
I hear ya. Minneapolis has a beautiful parkway system around the lakes and rivers that's wonderful for walking, bicycling, scooting, and driving. But it seems it's closed every weekend for some event or other. A couple of races a year, okay, but every interest group and their uncle wants to have their own now.
@oopsclunkthud avatar
UTC

Banned
3:5

Banned
@oopsclunkthud avatar
3:5
UTC quote
The phrase "bucket list". Overwhelming repulsion every time I hear it.

Clearly I need to work on accepting how others wish to live, but can't help thinking they are doing it wrong.
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
UTC quote
Wow yesterday roads shutdown for a charity walk and today there is ANOTHER marathon. Going to be a long summer of taking alternative routes and explaining to police officers I need to get through because I live right on the other side of the blockade. At least they let scooters through faster than they do the cars.
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
UTC quote
They're resurfacing the parking lot next to my office. Last week wasn't bad when they chewed up the asphalt,  graded and rolled it, but this week thery dug half of it up again, dumped stone and gravel, re-rolled, dug some more...rinse, wash repeat. Wouldn't be bad but for the noise, and when they roll, my whole building shakes.
Going to be a long few weeks...

Sent from my U.S. Cellular® Smartphone

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

@jkj-fz6 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@jkj-fz6 avatar
UTC quote
fledermaus wrote:
They're resurfacing the parking lot next to my office. Last week wasn't bad when they chewed up the asphalt,  graded and rolled it, but this week thery dug half of it up again, dumped stone and gravel, re-rolled, dug some more...rinse, wash repeat. Wouldn't be bad but for the noise, and when they roll, my whole building shakes.
I was going to say something about finding your own gravel road right outside your door but...oh well...anyway. Clown emoticon
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
UTC quote
JKJ-FZ6 wrote:
fledermaus wrote:
I was going to say something about finding your own gravel road right outside your door but...oh well...anyway. Clown emoticon
Should have seen that coming. Laughing emoticon

On the bright side, scooter parking next to my building is still available while cages banished to the street.
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
UTC quote
fledermaus wrote:
JKJ-FZ6 wrote:
fledermaus wrote:

On the bright side, scooter parking next to my building is still available while cages banished to the street.
Hey, not enough negativity for this thread! There is another thread for bright sides :-p
@web-tech avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@web-tech avatar
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150
UTC quote
Down 3 people out of a team of 8 in the data center. People are leaving like flies.
And they are taking for ever to get the jobs posted. Hell, why do you need more than 5 people to keep a data center open 24/7 GGRRRRRRRR
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
UTC quote
Harbinger wrote:
fledermaus wrote:
JKJ-FZ6 wrote:
fledermaus wrote:

Hey, not enough negativity for this thread! There is another thread for bright sides :-p
You're right. Consider myself chastised. Crying or Very sad emoticon Laughing emoticon
@kshansen avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)

Molto Verboso
@kshansen avatar
GTV300 (wife's)
UTC quote
fledermaus wrote:
Hey, not enough negativity for this thread! There is another thread for bright sides :-p[/quote]

You're right. Consider myself chastised. Crying or Very sad emoticon Laughing emoticon[/quote]

Nothing can pi$$ me off worse than someone making happy thoughts on a pi$$ off thread!
@dmpawley avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2013 GTS 300 i.e.

Ossessionato
@dmpawley avatar
2013 GTS 300 i.e.
UTC quote
kshansen wrote:
fledermaus wrote:
You're right. Consider myself chastised. Crying or Very sad emoticon Laughing emoticon[/quote]

Nothing can pi$$ me off worse than someone making happy thoughts on a pi$$ off thread![/quote]

I am offended that you are offended!

Razz emoticon
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
UTC quote
dmpawley wrote:
kshansen wrote:
fledermaus wrote:
You're right. Consider myself chastised. Crying or Very sad emoticon Laughing emoticon
Nothing can pi$$ me off worse than someone making happy thoughts on a pi$$ off thread![/quote]

I am offended that you are offended!

Razz emoticon[/quote]

Livid emoticon Livid emoticon
@t5bitza69 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@t5bitza69 avatar
T5s
UTC quote
lilac crash hat
Couldn't get standing tickets for Slayer. ...... had to go for seated ...... who the fuck does seated at slayer...... fingers crossed it all happens
@sixpence avatar
UTC

Hooked
None at present

Hooked
@sixpence avatar
None at present
UTC quote
Selling my blue scoot, two replies wanting it for less than what I'm asking. If I wanted less I would have asked for less. PRATTS
@sacto_monkeyboy avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS 300 Super

Addicted
@sacto_monkeyboy avatar
GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
EVERYTHING!!! I ran out of my Anxiety/Anti-Depressant medicine over a week ago and the online pharmacy is taking FAR longer than it should to get me the drugs!!!
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
Myna birds. Their the rats of the avian world. We have 3 sets of duplex on the property here. Were up on stilts so we have as much room downstairs as upstairs. Which is a good thing. You can hang sea quacks, surfboards, bikes etc under there. Plus your car so it's out of the sun. So the guy whose next to me works a a military base up the mountain. He has a bunch of antique tools and makes things. He's quite good. The idiot in the street behind us feeds the birds every day so they hang out over here, Mynas actually kill or run other birds away and their aggressive. So a couple of them have tried to build a nest up on the guys lumber pile. Bastards. I'll get a pic of how much hay is involved with said nest. He's knocked the nest down a couple of times. So i went thru his carport to throw some some stuff on his compost bin. Hay was every where. Sure nuff their back and have started to make a nest. So i got my friend to yet again, knock down the nest, Got half a garbage can full. He blocked the front of the lumber pile but not the back. So fingers crossed we've blocked it good enough. He didn't see the mess since he's doing 24hr duty yesterday. They actually dived bombed us and were "yelling" at us. Livid emoticon Livid emoticon They have some big ones (balls). Sadly we don't see any other types of birds around since they've taken over. Their an evasive species and thanks Australia. Laughing emoticon I have a pellet gun that doesn't kill them and is supposed to get rid of them so they won't come back. Doesn't work. Crying or Very sad emoticon The only real predator is humans. No snakes here . They'd gobble them up. Anybody have any ideas on how to get rid of them?
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0588s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0388s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]