@syd avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS300 Super (Heinz) GTS250 Super (Bulger)

Ossessionato
@syd avatar
GTS300 Super (Heinz) GTS250 Super (Bulger)
UTC quote
fledermaus wrote:
Madison Sully wrote:
Jet Peddler wrote:
Just out of curiosity... What brand/model of trailer is it?
I was just going to ask that very same thing....
So, ahem, ????
Sorry, guys, I missed this question even though it came up more than once.

Actually, don't know. I kind of think jimc nailed it. Bought it used from tomjasz 4 or more years ago. Nothing on it indicating mfgr. Been reliable up to now.....I don't blame the trailer, just the idiot who assembled it and has 4 bolts jangling in his pocket.

As for me today, pretty peeved at whoever ran off with not one, but two paperback books from my reception room yesterday. Was working solo, not a whole lot of people hanging around waiting, but someone managed to score about $35 of reading material. Livid emoticon Livid emoticon Probably didn't want them, just saw an opportunity to lift something.

Had someone walk off with a crystal candy dish from a table about 10 years ago. Guessing who it was (companion of a patient-who was wearing an ankle bracelet), and doubt had any use for it whatsoever.
Your collection of Highlights magazines?
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
UTC quote
Syd wrote:
fledermaus wrote:
Madison Sully wrote:
Jet Peddler wrote:
So, ahem, ????

Actually, don't know. I kind of think jimc nailed it. Bought it used from tomjasz 4 or more years ago. Nothing on it indicating mfgr. Been reliable up to now.....I don't blame the trailer, just the idiot who assembled it and has 4 bolts jangling in his pocket.

As for me today, pretty peeved at whoever ran off with not one, but two paperback books from my reception room yesterday. Was working solo, not a whole lot of people hanging around waiting, but someone managed to score about $35 of reading material. Livid emoticon Livid emoticon Probably didn't want them, just saw an opportunity to lift something.

Had someone walk off with a crystal candy dish from a table about 10 years ago. Guessing who it was (companion of a patient-who was wearing an ankle bracelet), and doubt had any use for it whatsoever.
Hell, and they were FIVE years old!
@jet_peddler avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
'07 LX150 (Sold), '17 GTS300, '16 BV350, '15 EN650, '09 FXDF (sold). '15 FLSTN

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@jet_peddler avatar
UTC quote
fledermaus wrote:
Syd wrote:
fledermaus wrote:
Madison Sully wrote:
Jet Peddler wrote:
So, ahem, ????

Hell, and they were FIVE years old!
The magazines or the perps?
@kshansen avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)

Molto Verboso
@kshansen avatar
GTV300 (wife's)
UTC quote
Was going for a ride with my wife toady. Her on her 2013 GTV300, me on the 1988 Sportster. My right ear plug was not sealing just right and at 55 mph it was bothering me so I asked her via intercom to pull over at some good place so I could try adjusting it.

Just then we were going past a small village fire department with a nice paved parking area. Perfect I think, and we pulled in. I shout off the Sportster and removed helmet and adjusted ear plug, seemed good so back on with helmet and I went to start the Sporty. Click! then dead. Wiggled key switch and worked the kill switch a bit. NO luck dead as dead could be!

We were about 40 minutes from home and the Rav4 with trailer so off I go with the GTV leaving her to guard the dead Harley. Got home and hooked up trailer loaded up with hold downs, ratchet straps and ramp and headed back to get the Sportster.

Just for kicks I tried the starter once more and yep still dead! While pushing Sporty on trailer knocked off my glasses and out popped a lens Tied down bike and Diane said she should drive as I was out of commission from glasses problem.

Got home and unloaded Sportster and decided we were not going to be getting the bar-b-que chicken we had planed on for supper I went to store and picked up a couple Paul Newman frozen pizzas. Actually not bad for frozen pizza!

After pizza and a beer decided it was time to take a quick look at the Sportster. At first battery seemed good showed a bit over 12.5 volts with key off, but as soon as key was turned on it dropped to less than 0.5 volts even with out trying the starter!

Now for the kick my self in the butt part. This battery was bought when the last battery had failed me at the Lake George Americade Rally, you ask what year was that? Aaaaaaa, would me saying 2005 make me look like I deserved to have it fail on me? You mean a motorcycle battery that sits unused for about four months out of a year fail after ONLY 13 years?

Think I should be asking if it is still under warranty?
@web-tech avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@web-tech avatar
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150
UTC quote
judy wrote:
You can hang sea quacks
Are those the big rubber ducks you sit on and paddle in the ocean? Clown emoticon Clown emoticon Razz emoticon
UTC

Banned
2009 GTS 250, 2013 Buddy 125, 2014 Triumph Bonneville

Banned
UTC quote
kshansen wrote:
Was going for a ride with my wife toady. Her on her 2013 GTV300, me on the 1988 Sportster. My right ear plug was not sealing just right and at 55 mph it was bothering me so I asked her via intercom to pull over at some good place so I could try adjusting it.

Just then we were going past a small village fire department with a nice paved parking area. Perfect I think, and we pulled in. I shout off the Sportster and removed helmet and adjusted ear plug, seemed good so back on with helmet and I went to start the Sporty. Click! then dead. Wiggled key switch and worked the kill switch a bit. NO luck dead as dead could be!

We were about 40 minutes from home and the Rav4 with trailer so off I go with the GTV leaving her to guard the dead Harley. Got home and hooked up trailer loaded up with hold downs, ratchet straps and ramp and headed back to get the Sportster.

Just for kicks I tried the starter once more and yep still dead! While pushing Sporty on trailer knocked off my glasses and out popped a lens Tied down bike and Diane said she should drive as I was out of commission from glasses problem.

Got home and unloaded Sportster and decided we were not going to be getting the bar-b-que chicken we had planed on for supper I went to store and picked up a couple Paul Newman frozen pizzas. Actually not bad for frozen pizza!

After pizza and a beer decided it was time to take a quick look at the Sportster. At first battery seemed good showed a bit over 12.5 volts with key off, but as soon as key was turned on it dropped to less than 0.5 volts even with out trying the starter!

Now for the kick my self in the butt part. This battery was bought when the last battery had failed me at the Lake George Americade Rally, you ask what year was that? Aaaaaaa, would me saying 2005 make me look like I deserved to have it fail on me? You mean a motorcycle battery that sits unused for about four months out of a year fail after ONLY 13 years?

Think I should be asking if it is still under warranty?
I think you should have ridden your wife to a nice café to sit and wait the hour and a half until you returned with the trailer. The heck with guarding the Hardly. What would you rather lose, your wife or the Hardly?

And even if you forgot you bought the battery 13 years ago, I don't know how you could have not realized before then that your battery was OLD.
@guzzi_gal avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Gigi, '13 GTS 300ie Touring

Ossessionato
@guzzi_gal avatar
Gigi, '13 GTS 300ie Touring
UTC quote
Buried a friend on Friday, and our dog passed on Sunday. It's a bad country song come to life. Crying or Very sad emoticon
Guenevere 'Guena' or 'Nena'
Guenevere 'Guena' or 'Nena'
Gone at 52.
Gone at 52.
⚠️ Last edited by Guzzi Gal on UTC; edited 1 time
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
UTC quote
Guzzi Gal wrote:
Buried a friend on Friday, and our dog passed on Sunday. It's a bad country song come to life. Crying or Very sad emoticon
Sorry to hear the news, my condolences. Funerals I have so far avoided but I do know how hard it is to loose a loved pet. One of our yorkies is 14 now and we hope she sticks around for a while yet.
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
GG so sorry for your losses.Gone but never forgotten. FLED i hate people who steal. Hopefully they know how to read. WEB gotta love spellcheck They actually sell those big rubber duckies at our local soap factory. Laughing emoticon
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
Spectrum cable co. They bought out our local cable company Oceanic Cable. I have never had so much trouble with my service and digital recorder box. Plus they rearranged all the channel numbers. They are coming out today and they will get a earful.
@cballweg avatar
UTC

Hooked
Honda Aero 1100

Hooked
@cballweg avatar
Honda Aero 1100
UTC quote
They are coming out today and they will get a earful.[/quote]

Judy, I understand frustration, but remember the techs didn't do it, that falls to upper level management plus you adjusting to the new provider. I use them for landline and internet, but rely on DISH for TV.

Good Luck...
@larrytsg avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
1979 P200e

Ossessionato
@larrytsg avatar
1979 P200e
UTC quote
So sorry to hear of the loss of your dog. He's (assuming it's a guy) a very pretty dog.

Somehow it seems that dachshunds and scooterists go together. Many of us here have one or more.

Me? I'm on my 5th dachshund now, got my first one in 2012. No, that's not a typo... I love to adopt old dogs.

Ruby was 8-12 when I got her. She was a bit of a spazz, her legs pointed every which way. Not bright, but lovable. Basically blind, but she made it work.

Dory and Stutz were a bonded pair I got when their mom passed away at 91. They were 14 and 17. He was a tough old guy (long hair silver dapple), but very handsome. Dory was stone cold deaf, but super friendly. She was a"big girl", a standard dachshund.

Queenie was 11 and she was in miserable shape. Her legs were deformed (she could barely walk by the time I got her). She was a breeder dog... stupid people. I carried her everywhere she needed to go for a year and a half. A snuggly and happy little dog.

Tenzin is my current doxie, I think he's between 7 and 9. He's a jerk. A lovable snuggly dog (he's magnetic with me, when I'm on the couch or in bed he MUST be touching me), but he likes to pee on stuff and bark a lot.

If you're going to get another one... please adopt.
UTC

Banned

Banned
UTC quote
Very sorry for your losses, GG. Every time one of my dogs pass, we say "no more dogs" and the lonely quiet of the house is too much to bear and I do it all over again, gladly.
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
C i know. I recognized the guy, He's been out many times. Laughing emoticon He worked his magic and it's better now. He agreed with me on the fact they had a bunch of bad DVR'S. He gets my frustration. When you have had to swap your box out 4 times in a couple of years it gets old. Plus i lose all my shows that i've recorded.
@jet_peddler avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@jet_peddler avatar
UTC quote
The fact it's going to be too damned hot today. Just like it's going to be every day until October. Sucks for riding. Sucks for camping. Sucks for just going outside. Razz emoticon
@znomit avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190 Friday afternoon special, Primavera, some pushbikes

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@znomit avatar
LX190 Friday afternoon special, Primavera, some pushbikes
UTC quote
My winter jacket refuses to fit both me and its liner inside it at the same time.

Might have to put the flyscreen back on the scoot.
@mpfrank avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2020 MP3 500 HPE Sport ABS/ASR
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula

Ossessionato
@mpfrank avatar
2020 MP3 500 HPE Sport ABS/ASR
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
UTC quote
znomit wrote:
My winter jacket refuses to fit both me and its liner inside it at the same time.

Or you and the liner could alternate rides.
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
UTC quote
Have to go with the heat. It's been awful here the last few days. I'd prefer to turn on the heated grip, seats and winter gear than ride in searing heat. You can only take off so much...
@jet_peddler avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@jet_peddler avatar
UTC quote
znomit wrote:

That's right!

Sometimes we in the northern half of the blue marble forget how it works down south.
@kshansen avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)

Molto Verboso
@kshansen avatar
GTV300 (wife's)
UTC quote
Harbinger wrote:
You can only take off so much...
That is one of my favorite sayings with the added bit of "before someone calls the cops or guys with straight jacket!"
@jet_peddler avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@jet_peddler avatar
UTC quote
Harbinger wrote:
Have to go with the heat. It's been awful here the last few days. I'd prefer to turn on the heated grip, seats and winter gear than ride in searing heat. You can only take off so much...
I used to travel to Toronto (one of my favorite cities in North America) extensively in the late 90's and early 2000's, to conduct photo shoots and produce radio commercials. Would often make it to Ontario place in the summer in July. It got a lot warmer than I expected. Miss that city.
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip
BMW R1100RT The Problem Child Kymco Downtown 300 - I'm not the Uber

eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
UTC quote
Bong
May 28th Dad dies.

July 1st Mum dies.

Arse.

Bill x
@jkj-fz6 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
BV400, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125

Ossessionato
@jkj-fz6 avatar
BV400, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125
UTC quote
I'm sorry, Bill. My condolences.

JKJ
@jet_peddler avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@jet_peddler avatar
UTC quote
Re: Bong
Bill Dog wrote:
May 28th Dad dies.

July 1st Mum dies.

Arse.

Bill x
Wow. I'm stunned. So sorry to hear it Bill. I really don't know what to say.

To lose both parents at once... I can't imagine.

Strength and God's blessings to you brother.
UTC

Banned

Banned
UTC quote
Jet Peddler wrote:
Wow. I'm stunned. So sorry to hear it Bill. I really don't know what to say.

To lose both parents at once... I can't imagine.

Strength and God's blessings to you brother.
Same from here, pal. Be strong.
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip

eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
UTC quote
mirror
Gets head down.

Makes upper lip stiffer

Carries on.

Bill x
@t5bitza69 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@t5bitza69 avatar
T5s
UTC quote
stress
keep ya head high bill ya know im here

mine is the inlaws ..... cant pic ya bloody family can ya
n me radio starts tomorrow n im bothered about that
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
UTC quote
Sorry to hear the news Bill, tough will to swallow I'm sure. Condolences and stay strong my friend.
@kshansen avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)

Molto Verboso
@kshansen avatar
GTV300 (wife's)
UTC quote
So sorry Bill, I lost both parents, dad in 2008 and mom in 2010, still miss them very much.
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
UTC quote
Re: mirror
Bill Dog wrote:
Gets head down.

Makes upper lip stiffer

Carries on.

Bill x
Tough go, Bill. So sorry.

Someone had just told me they'd lost parents 4 months apart, and I was reflecting on how awful that had to be. Grieving takes time, and it's hard enough to do one thing at once......
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
UTC quote
Too many shootings in the Entertainment/Fashion district of Toronto. Last one a block up from our place. Shots woke up my wife at 2:30. Feel like I'm back in Detroit....
@jet_peddler avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@jet_peddler avatar
UTC quote
Harbinger wrote:
Too many shootings in the Entertainment/Fashion district of Toronto. Last one a block up from our place. Shots woke up my wife at 2:30. Feel like I'm back in Detroit....
Wow. Had no idea you guys were having that problem there. How long has this been going on?
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
BITZA hang in there. My mom had radiation for her lung cancer back in the 70's. The day she completed it i took her horseback riding. She said it wasn't bad. They didn't do chemo because it was everywhere.
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
UTC quote
Jet Peddler wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
Wow. Had no idea you guys were having that problem there. How long has this been going on?
This long weekend was especially bad. All gang on gang violence it seems and usually when the clubs let out. We live in a very hip neighbourhood and it's awesome during the day. The few times I have been out on a weekend say after 11 it's a very different vibe with all the lineups and people hanging out in front of the clubs. Funny you hardly can even tell the clubs are there during the day.

The mayor apparently is fed up with it and asking the province for help. Toronto is a safe city but this gang stuff needs to be sorted out.
@jet_peddler avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@jet_peddler avatar
UTC quote
I'm somewhat familiar with Toronto. Which neighborhood?

(Note proper spelling). Razz emoticon
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
UTC quote
Jet Peddler wrote:
I'm somewhat familiar with Toronto. Which neighborhood?

(Note proper spelling). Razz emoticon
King West - King St/Wellington St between Spadina and Bathurst. In the last 10 years the neighbourhood has had massive development and it's still going on.

Easiest way to explain it is it's the neighbourhood just west and a bit north of the Rogers Centre (Skydome) on King St. Our place is 2 blocks south of King right across from Victoria Memorial Square which was the original Fort York grave sight and is now a park. Pretty neighbourhood for sure. This is pretty much the view from our Penthouse rooftop terrace. Think it's a pic from one of the other units next to us. Move the view up and to the right a bit and you can see all the massive towers down the street and the Toronto skyline.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoria_Memorial_Square
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@jet_peddler avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@jet_peddler avatar
UTC quote
Cool. I know exactly where you're talking about.

Penthouse roof? Swanky my friend. Swank-ee.
@midnight_rider avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
09 GTS (sold) 2014 NC700XD

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@midnight_rider avatar
09 GTS (sold) 2014 NC700XD
UTC quote
Bill Dog wrote:
May 28th Dad dies.

July 1st Mum dies.

Arse.

Bill x
Sorry to hear Bill!
@tomjasz avatar
UTC

Grievance Farmer

Grievance Farmer
@tomjasz avatar
UTC quote
Bill Dog wrote:
May 28th Dad dies.

July 1st Mum dies.

Arse.

Bill x
Giant hugs and shared tears. While particularly difficult for you, the Mrs and I figure that to be our fate, and lovingly so... they have peace together.

All the best!
@tomjasz avatar
UTC

Grievance Farmer

Grievance Farmer
@tomjasz avatar
UTC quote
fledermaus wrote:
Madison Sully wrote:
Jet Peddler wrote:
So, ahem, ????

I'm the idiot that assembled it, but not the one that maintained it. Hard to know how many fasteners rattled loose. I retorqued everything once, but it was very low mileage in my usage.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 1.1162s ][ Queries: 4 (1.0949s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingTwo ]