@jess avatar
UTC

Petty Tyrant
0:7 And counting
Joined: UTC
Posts: 37183
Location: Bay Area, California
 
Petty Tyrant
@jess avatar
0:7 And counting
Joined: UTC
Posts: 37183
Location: Bay Area, California
UTC quote
Treppenwitz wrote:
There is nothing on cable that can't be found on the net. You may have to delay your gratification by a few weeks, or months. But the myth that the cable providers have you by the short hairs I just that... a myth. Break the chains.
Trepp is right, about everything except Game of Thrones. In that case, you've got to wait a full year to get your fix.

But for everything else, cable has largely ceased to be attractive.
@scootergirlinal avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2012 BV 350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2091
Location: Vestavia Hills, AL
 
Ossessionato
@scootergirlinal avatar
2012 BV 350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2091
Location: Vestavia Hills, AL
UTC quote
jess wrote:
Treppenwitz wrote:
There is nothing on cable that can't be found on the net. You may have to delay your gratification by a few weeks, or months. But the myth that the cable providers have you by the short hairs I just that... a myth. Break the chains.
Trepp is right, about everything except Game of Thrones. In that case, you've got to wait a full year to get your fix.

But for everything else, cable has largely ceased to be attractive.
If it weren't for football I could totally drop cable in a heartbeat; maybe in February I will. I wish I could have a package of only news and sports stations.
@shebalba avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2009 GTS250, Ducati Monster M900, KTM 390 Adventure, Honda CR125
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1514
Location: Oceanside, CA
 
Molto Verboso
@shebalba avatar
2009 GTS250, Ducati Monster M900, KTM 390 Adventure, Honda CR125
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1514
Location: Oceanside, CA
UTC quote
ScooterGirlinAL wrote:
jess wrote:
Treppenwitz wrote:
There is nothing on cable that can't be found on the net. You may have to delay your gratification by a few weeks, or months. But the myth that the cable providers have you by the short hairs I just that... a myth. Break the chains.
Trepp is right, about everything except Game of Thrones. In that case, you've got to wait a full year to get your fix.

But for everything else, cable has largely ceased to be attractive.
If it weren't for football I could totally drop cable in a heartbeat; maybe in February I will. I wish I could have a package of only news and sports stations.
This (and Game of Thrones). But with the money you save in the off season by dropping cable will allow for you to buy some sort of NFL package for your computer and Airplay to your Apple TV. Me thinks this is true, anyway.
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 12014
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 12014
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
UTC quote
Menhir wrote:
Self-serve checkout machines at grocery stores.

I'm not a technophobe. I've used them from time to time for a couple of years now but as of today, I'm done with 'em. Sometimes they work...and then there's those other times. On the whole, I think I spend more time, considering all the hold-ups, using the self-serve than I do waiting in the regular checkout lanes.

As often than not, I get so many error messages, usually related to the "unexpected item in the bagging area" (I'm being a good soldier and using re-useable bags. If I put the bag in the bagging area, it thinks I'm stealing something, if I put to bag on the floor or hang it around my neck or something else stupid, it won't process the item until it goes onto the bagging area, but if I put the bag there first.... ) And on it goes.

My wife and I became so fed-up with the machine today that we just chucked the sale, told the helper-lady (What the frack is the point of having a self-serve checkout if you have to employ someone to help people use it all the time?) to cancel it. We moved over to the regular checkout line...and that's what we're going to use from now on.

Grrrrr.
+1 Late to the party here, but let me tag along. I guess it's my re-use of bags that doesn't help here. I can't tell you the number of times I've sat helplessly with some error message going until someone comes to rescue me with their magic code. Grrr.

I have a patient that works as a grocery checkout that I discussed this recently, and on their side, it's just as frustrating. Seems like stores don't love them either, though I guess they were hopeful to cut some workforce. Heard an NPR program discussing them and apparently stores lose almost as much to theft as they gain from decreased staffing. After all, it can be pretty tempting to game the machine....even if it's getting organic produce at regular prices
@menhir avatar
UTC

Moderator
Joined: UTC
Posts: 5145
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa.
 
Moderator
@menhir avatar
Joined: UTC
Posts: 5145
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa.
UTC quote
jess wrote:
Treppenwitz wrote:
There is nothing on cable that can't be found on the net. You may have to delay your gratification by a few weeks, or months. But the myth that the cable providers have you by the short hairs I just that... a myth. Break the chains.
Trepp is right, about everything except Game of Thrones. In that case, you've got to wait a full year to get your fix.

But for everything else, cable has largely ceased to be attractive.
I'd drop cable (FIOS) in a hot minute if it weren't for Mrs. Menhir. She likes her local news, and until that's available on my Roku, it ain't gonna happen. I'm sort of a news hound myself, more national/world than local, and the internet news channels, at least the ones I've tried, leave a lot to be desired.

Back to the pissy list, I was happy to see a new motorcycle channel offered...and found it sucked so big time that I immediately removed it. Whoever created it should go back to running his roadside lemonade stand.
@jess avatar
UTC

Petty Tyrant
0:7 And counting
Joined: UTC
Posts: 37183
Location: Bay Area, California
 
Petty Tyrant
@jess avatar
0:7 And counting
Joined: UTC
Posts: 37183
Location: Bay Area, California
UTC quote
We have this newfangled device strapped to our chimney -- I think it's called an ANTNA or something like that. It pulls local stations -- even ones with news! -- out of thin air, like magic.
@midnight_rider avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
09 GTS (sold) 2014 NC700XD
Joined: UTC
Posts: 5016
Location: Charlotte, NC
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@midnight_rider avatar
09 GTS (sold) 2014 NC700XD
Joined: UTC
Posts: 5016
Location: Charlotte, NC
UTC quote
jess wrote:
We have this newfangled device strapped to our chimney -- I think it's called an ANTNA or something like that. It pulls local stations -- even ones with news! -- out of thin air, like magic.
Ymmv, but we have too have an antenna, bought it from Target for $19, it sits 20cm above the TV and get 17 channels, including 3 PBS and 5 local network channels. So no big installations, no big upfront cost and no monthly fees.

Jess, what are the alternatives to cable or DSL?
@bloop43 avatar
UTC

Hooked
2013 VespaGts300 Super Sport SE Vader part Deux, 2009 Vespa Lx150, 1976 Vespa Rally 200
Joined: UTC
Posts: 419
Location: Albany, NY
 
Hooked
@bloop43 avatar
2013 VespaGts300 Super Sport SE Vader part Deux, 2009 Vespa Lx150, 1976 Vespa Rally 200
Joined: UTC
Posts: 419
Location: Albany, NY
UTC quote
5th day in a row I've been mandated for overtime. Cutting in to my riding time. Not a happy camper.
@scootergirlinal avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2012 BV 350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2091
Location: Vestavia Hills, AL
 
Ossessionato
@scootergirlinal avatar
2012 BV 350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2091
Location: Vestavia Hills, AL
UTC quote
Midnight Rider wrote:
jess wrote:
We have this newfangled device strapped to our chimney -- I think it's called an ANTNA or something like that. It pulls local stations -- even ones with news! -- out of thin air, like magic.
Ymmv, but we have too have an antenna, bought it from Target for $19, it sits 20cm above the TV and get 17 channels, including 3 PBS and 5 local network channels. So no big installations, no big upfront cost and no monthly fees.

Jess, what are the alternatives to cable or DSL?
Midnight, what is your reception like? I tried a couple of the HD antennas when they first came out and ended up taking them back; I might look at them again. Outdoor antennas aren't allowed by our condo association so it has to work indoors. I think I'll run by Target today and see what's available.
@midnight_rider avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
09 GTS (sold) 2014 NC700XD
Joined: UTC
Posts: 5016
Location: Charlotte, NC
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@midnight_rider avatar
09 GTS (sold) 2014 NC700XD
Joined: UTC
Posts: 5016
Location: Charlotte, NC
UTC quote
ScooterGirlinAL wrote:
Midnight Rider wrote:
jess wrote:
We have this newfangled device strapped to our chimney -- I think it's called an ANTNA or something like that. It pulls local stations -- even ones with news! -- out of thin air, like magic.
Ymmv, but we have too have an antenna, bought it from Target for $19, it sits 20cm above the TV and get 17 channels, including 3 PBS and 5 local network channels. So no big installations, no big upfront cost and no monthly fees.

Jess, what are the alternatives to cable or DSL?
Midnight, what is your reception like? I tried a couple of the HD antennas when they first came out and ended up taking them back; I might look at them again. Outdoor antennas aren't allowed by our condo association so it has to work indoors. I think I'll run by Target today and see what's available.
Reception is mostly good, I mean with digital it either works or it does not. I do get picture and sound cutouts every now and again, but nothing that would make me reconsider.

I bought a second amplified antenna some time back for $49 from Costco and the reception was worse than with the original one...

It really might be worth to just try it out...
UTC

Lurker
50cc
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2
Location: Charlotte nc
 
Lurker
50cc
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2
Location: Charlotte nc
UTC quote
I just pushed my Vespa in pouring rain in 400 dress down richest city in Charlotte. Batter has died 4 times since I bought it a few months ago. Fell over 2 times when battery went dead in traffic? Wgat do I do? Help
@menhir avatar
UTC

Moderator
Joined: UTC
Posts: 5145
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa.
 
Moderator
@menhir avatar
Joined: UTC
Posts: 5145
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa.
UTC quote
jess wrote:
We have this newfangled device strapped to our chimney -- I think it's called an ANTNA or something like that. It pulls local stations -- even ones with news! -- out of thin air, like magic.
We had one of those, too. The reception was so poor that we had to get cable.

Well. back then it was. I live on a hilltop now, so I'll have to give it a try. The tall chimneys on my house make them, I think, the highest point around. I've always wanted a lightning rod. Razz emoticon

If it works, Mrs. Menhir would be happy. But I still like my "cable" news channels. I guess it's back to me now.
@yayadave avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
MP3 500 - GTV250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2970
Location: Near Pittsburgh
 
Ossessionato
@yayadave avatar
MP3 500 - GTV250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2970
Location: Near Pittsburgh
UTC quote
Kdalpha wrote:
I just pushed my Vespa in pouring rain in 400 dress down richest city in Charlotte. Batter has died 4 times since I bought it a few months ago. Fell over 2 times when battery went dead in traffic? Wgat do I do? Help
Maybe you could start a new, separate thread about this problem and you might get some serious help. There are a lot of people here who know a lot of stuff and are very helpful.

Nice that you found Modern Vespa.
@tomjasz avatar
UTC

Grievance Farmer
Joined: UTC
Posts: 15921
 
Grievance Farmer
@tomjasz avatar
Joined: UTC
Posts: 15921
UTC quote
Shebalba wrote:
jess wrote:
Shebalba wrote:
Now I have to fight with the provider to reclaim my previous rate, or whore myself out to a lower bidder.
There is another way, grasshopper.
Do tell Sensei..

I can't commit to ATV exclusively until I finish Game of Thrones. I need HBO GO for a wee bit longer.
No decent FTA coverage in the Mississippi river valley section in Lower Lumpa. But Dish is gone Monday and it's basic cable to get Mpls stations for MN news. FTA stations are all WI news. Basic cable is a suck signal with low definition. BUT adding HBO and using ATV3 HBOGO solves the problem. Still there are programs that are frustratingly low in definition and look awful on my plasma monitor. Regardless of the FCC small city providers are STILL putting out analog signals. I haven't watched a network program, other than local news, in I can't remember how long. Flippin ads are mind numbingly ignorant and enough to drive me away. ATV3 and the iPad's are the go to gadgets these days. Monday our ISP service jumps from 15 to 40, I wondering if that will improve the quality of streaming.
While some say everything is available that's true but many streaming services are pricey enough to get back into the cost range of expanded cable.
No free lunch by any route.
@t5bitza69 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s
Joined: UTC
Posts: 17005
Location: The West Of Yorkshire ... Gods Country
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@t5bitza69 avatar
T5s
Joined: UTC
Posts: 17005
Location: The West Of Yorkshire ... Gods Country
UTC quote
just
the lectrickery on me t5 .... its sunny as fuck n i wanna ride
@tomjasz avatar
UTC

Grievance Farmer
Joined: UTC
Posts: 15921
 
Grievance Farmer
@tomjasz avatar
Joined: UTC
Posts: 15921
UTC quote
Re: just
T5bitza69 wrote:
lectrickery
Great new word, thanks! ROFL emoticon
@jess avatar
UTC

Petty Tyrant
0:7 And counting
Joined: UTC
Posts: 37183
Location: Bay Area, California
 
Petty Tyrant
@jess avatar
0:7 And counting
Joined: UTC
Posts: 37183
Location: Bay Area, California
UTC quote
Midnight Rider wrote:
Jess, what are the alternatives to cable or DSL?
AppleTV / Amazon Prime / Netflix / OTA Local Stations.

We have Amazon Prime primarily for shipping, and don't use it that much for media. Most of our media consumption happens via AppleTV or Netflix. For what we were paying in cable fees, we can have a Netflix subscription (DVD and streaming via AppleTV) plus buy quite a bit of content on AppleTV.

And then we watch what we want to watch, when we want to watch it. We no longer find ourselves flipping channels, searching for something to watch, which means we watch less TV overall.
@t5bitza69 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s
Joined: UTC
Posts: 17005
Location: The West Of Yorkshire ... Gods Country
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@t5bitza69 avatar
T5s
Joined: UTC
Posts: 17005
Location: The West Of Yorkshire ... Gods Country
UTC quote
ages
you can have it tom
UTC

Hooked
Joined: UTC
Posts: 443
 
Hooked
Joined: UTC
Posts: 443
UTC quote
Really? REALLY??? And this isn't even the first time. Or the fifth time. Or the fiftieth time. SUVs constantly take up half my parking spot. I am ready to leave, but I cannot get into my car. It is raining.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip
BMW R1100RT The Problem Child Kymco Downtown 300 - I'm not the Uber Honda Cub - Scorched Earth Policy
Joined: UTC
Posts: 20401
Location: South East Great England of Britishland
 
eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
BMW R1100RT The Problem Child Kymco Downtown 300 - I'm not the Uber Honda Cub - Scorched Earth Policy
Joined: UTC
Posts: 20401
Location: South East Great England of Britishland
UTC quote
suggest
Next time park slightly further over to the left of the white line.

I do like a fight.

Bill X
@vanilla avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTV 250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 697
Location: Virginia
 
Addicted
@vanilla avatar
GTV 250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 697
Location: Virginia
UTC quote
Lola wants wrote:
Really? REALLY??? And this isn't even the first time. Or the fifth time. Or the fiftieth time. SUVs constantly take up half my parking spot. I am ready to leave, but I cannot get into my car. It is raining.
I also have a MINI and have taken to parking diagonally in my space due to asshats like this.
I do like your image name, however. Appropriate.
@jkerstinj avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Vespa ET4
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1574
 
Molto Verboso
@jkerstinj avatar
Vespa ET4
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1574
UTC quote
A message, in lipstick, across the windshield works wonders Razz emoticon
@yayadave avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
MP3 500 - GTV250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2970
Location: Near Pittsburgh
 
Ossessionato
@yayadave avatar
MP3 500 - GTV250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2970
Location: Near Pittsburgh
UTC quote
JKerstinJ wrote:
A message, in lipstick, across the windshield works wonders Razz emoticon
Good idea; really aggravating. But if it's the same guy more than once, have a nice utility knife on hand and cut off his valve stem. No great damage, but even more aggravating.
@fatboy_chubby avatar
UTC

Addicted
2012 Vespa GTS 250ie in Perseus Bronze 'Percy'
Joined: UTC
Posts: 693
Location: Pommie Banana Bender
 
Addicted
@fatboy_chubby avatar
2012 Vespa GTS 250ie in Perseus Bronze 'Percy'
Joined: UTC
Posts: 693
Location: Pommie Banana Bender
UTC quote
Lola wants wrote:
Really? REALLY??? And this isn't even the first time. Or the fifth time. Or the fiftieth time. SUVs constantly take up half my parking spot. I am ready to leave, but I cannot get into my car. It is raining.
If you move to Australia your problem would be solved, as to get in to drive the vehicle would require you to open the right side door Razz emoticon
@t5bitza69 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s
Joined: UTC
Posts: 17005
Location: The West Of Yorkshire ... Gods Country
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@t5bitza69 avatar
T5s
Joined: UTC
Posts: 17005
Location: The West Of Yorkshire ... Gods Country
UTC quote
ya wrong anyway
i was thinking the same but here chubz
@dmpawley avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2013 GTS 300 i.e.
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2073
Location: Northern California
 
Ossessionato
@dmpawley avatar
2013 GTS 300 i.e.
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2073
Location: Northern California
UTC quote
Been a little off from a virus since the beginning of July and haven't been able to ride, but OK enough to go to work.
@genie avatar
UTC

Gobshite Shiva
Kymco Downtown 300i the 'Dolphin Noise'
Joined: UTC
Posts: 14960
Location: London UK
 
Gobshite Shiva
@genie avatar
Kymco Downtown 300i the 'Dolphin Noise'
Joined: UTC
Posts: 14960
Location: London UK
UTC quote
b*st*rd foxes. in addition to general hooliganism in the garden (trashing the flowerbeds, eating plants, shitting everywhere) they have decided to launch an all out assault on a brand-new pond aerator. First they pushed the pump unit into the pond. i managed to dry it out but it now runs a little rough. then they chewed through the air lines. i've had to construct a sort of fortification out of bricks in an attempt to keep them away from it. they'll probably end up throwing that into the pond too
@treppenwitz avatar
UTC

saggezza di scala
2009 'Burma Shave' Red GTS 250ie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7052
Location: Israel
 
saggezza di scala
@treppenwitz avatar
2009 'Burma Shave' Red GTS 250ie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7052
Location: Israel
UTC quote
genie wrote:
b*st*rd foxes. in addition to general hooliganism in the garden (trashing the flowerbeds, eating plants, shitting everywhere) they have decided to launch an all out assault on a brand-new pond aerator. First they pushed the pump unit into the pond. i managed to dry it out but it now runs a little rough. then they chewed through the air lines. i've had to construct a sort of fortification out of bricks in an attempt to keep them away from it. they'll probably end up throwing that into the pond too
Call out the horses and hounds!

In all seriousness, they will often steer clear of areas controlled by larger predators. Believe it or not, you are the apex predator in your area as far as foxes are concerned. Pee into a cup and pour it around the perimeter of your garden once or twice a month.

Also, to minimize what might be drawing the foxes to your garden, don't use fertilizer that contains fish, blood or bones. Try to find fertilizer made from seaweed and other vegetable sources.
@genie avatar
UTC

Gobshite Shiva
Kymco Downtown 300i the 'Dolphin Noise'
Joined: UTC
Posts: 14960
Location: London UK
 
Gobshite Shiva
@genie avatar
Kymco Downtown 300i the 'Dolphin Noise'
Joined: UTC
Posts: 14960
Location: London UK
UTC quote
Treppenwitz wrote:
In all seriousness, they will often steer clear of areas controlled by larger predators. Believe it or not, you are the apex predator in your area as far as foxes are concerned. Pee into a cup and pour it around the perimeter of your garden once or twice a month.

Also, to minimize what might be drawing the foxes to your garden, don't use fertilizer that contains fish, blood or bones. Try to find fertilizer made from seaweed and other vegetable sources.
i only use seaweed-based fertilisers, but i hadn't thought of the peeing thing. i may ask birreh to take care of that for me Razz emoticon not sure how the neighbours will feel about it though ...
@treppenwitz avatar
UTC

saggezza di scala
2009 'Burma Shave' Red GTS 250ie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7052
Location: Israel
 
saggezza di scala
@treppenwitz avatar
2009 'Burma Shave' Red GTS 250ie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7052
Location: Israel
UTC quote
genie wrote:
Treppenwitz wrote:
In all seriousness, they will often steer clear of areas controlled by larger predators. Believe it or not, you are the apex predator in your area as far as foxes are concerned. Pee into a cup and pour it around the perimeter of your garden once or twice a month.

Also, to minimize what might be drawing the foxes to your garden, don't use fertilizer that contains fish, blood or bones. Try to find fertilizer made from seaweed and other vegetable sources.
i only use seaweed-based fertilisers, but i hadn't thought of the peeing thing. i may ask birreh to take care of that for me Razz emoticon not sure how the neighbours will feel about it though ...
I didn't say to squat in the garden. Just save it in a cup and walk it out to the garden. I fear that telling birreh that his urine is needed in the garden (a license to pee, so to speak), risks a scenario that can only end with you having to leave the neighborhood in shame.
@genie avatar
UTC

Gobshite Shiva
Kymco Downtown 300i the 'Dolphin Noise'
Joined: UTC
Posts: 14960
Location: London UK
 
Gobshite Shiva
@genie avatar
Kymco Downtown 300i the 'Dolphin Noise'
Joined: UTC
Posts: 14960
Location: London UK
UTC quote
you might want to ask your wife about peeing in cups when nature has not provided one with a convenient directional dispenser. it's not something we ladies enjoy doing unless required by a doctor Razz emoticon
@fatboy_chubby avatar
UTC

Addicted
2012 Vespa GTS 250ie in Perseus Bronze 'Percy'
Joined: UTC
Posts: 693
Location: Pommie Banana Bender
 
Addicted
@fatboy_chubby avatar
2012 Vespa GTS 250ie in Perseus Bronze 'Percy'
Joined: UTC
Posts: 693
Location: Pommie Banana Bender
UTC quote
genie wrote:
b*st*rd foxes. in addition to general hooliganism in the garden (trashing the flowerbeds, eating plants, shitting everywhere) they have decided to launch an all out assault on a brand-new pond aerator. First they pushed the pump unit into the pond. i managed to dry it out but it now runs a little rough. then they chewed through the air lines. i've had to construct a sort of fortification out of bricks in an attempt to keep them away from it. they'll probably end up throwing that into the pond too
My father in law keeps chickens and was losing several to foxes. His solution was to save up human hair from haircuts and place it in bags around the hen houses. The foxes don't come near anymore!
UTC

Hooked
Joined: UTC
Posts: 443
 
Hooked
Joined: UTC
Posts: 443
UTC quote
JKerstinJ wrote:
A message, in lipstick, across the windshield works wonders Razz emoticon
Good idea. Now I need to find which 24 hr stay lipstick is always on the wine glasses in bars. That stuff won't wash off.
@tomjasz avatar
UTC

Grievance Farmer
Joined: UTC
Posts: 15921
 
Grievance Farmer
@tomjasz avatar
Joined: UTC
Posts: 15921
UTC quote
The primary focus of my horticulture career has been least toxic approaches to pest control. Unfortunately in an urban environment foxes are constantly exposed to human scents. As a result and as a matter of survival they are typically unaffected by human urine. Further deafeated in London by the rain. Any treatments depending on concentrations of a repellent will be regularly washed away. However if you have access to a zoo and tiger poop...

Live trapping is the best option, if legal and if there is a program to accept the trapped animals.

UK pest control site,
"Control: When trapping animals whether using live traps or spring traps these Acts must be taken into consideration. Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981, The Protection of Animals Act 1911 and The Wild Mammals Protection Act 1996. All live catch traps must be visited or checked at least once every 24 hours. All trapped animals must be treated humanely. Causing any unnecessary suffering, whether deliberately or through neglect is an offence. "
@genie avatar
UTC

Gobshite Shiva
Kymco Downtown 300i the 'Dolphin Noise'
Joined: UTC
Posts: 14960
Location: London UK
 
Gobshite Shiva
@genie avatar
Kymco Downtown 300i the 'Dolphin Noise'
Joined: UTC
Posts: 14960
Location: London UK
UTC quote
i just might have access to tiger poo. how long does its deterrent effect last? i expect it would keep the cats from using the flower beds as a latrine as well.
@tomjasz avatar
UTC

Grievance Farmer
Joined: UTC
Posts: 15921
 
Grievance Farmer
@tomjasz avatar
Joined: UTC
Posts: 15921
UTC quote
Through several rains. As long as it stinks generally. But like any repellent strategy, IME, always with mixed results. On Seigfreid and Roy's property, where the tigers roamed about, the fox got accustomed to it. Live trapping is a good excuse for a ride in the country. Occasionally a successful live trap followed by a good washdown with a garden hose will convince the fox to find a new forage ground. Then again it might just teach the critter to never fall for another trap. It is afterall a fox.

"With foxes we must play the fox."
@genie avatar
UTC

Gobshite Shiva
Kymco Downtown 300i the 'Dolphin Noise'
Joined: UTC
Posts: 14960
Location: London UK
 
Gobshite Shiva
@genie avatar
Kymco Downtown 300i the 'Dolphin Noise'
Joined: UTC
Posts: 14960
Location: London UK
UTC quote
unfortunately live traps are out of the question as i'd probably find it full of cats in the morning.

however ... i have just ordered some lion poo
@treppenwitz avatar
UTC

saggezza di scala
2009 'Burma Shave' Red GTS 250ie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7052
Location: Israel
 
saggezza di scala
@treppenwitz avatar
2009 'Burma Shave' Red GTS 250ie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7052
Location: Israel
UTC quote
genie wrote:
unfortunately live traps are out of the question as i'd probably find it full of cats in the morning.

however ... i have just ordered some lion poo
Unless you post a picture of Birreh pointing at it... it didn't happen.
@tomjasz avatar
UTC

Grievance Farmer
Joined: UTC
Posts: 15921
 
Grievance Farmer
@tomjasz avatar
Joined: UTC
Posts: 15921
UTC quote
genie wrote:
unfortunately live traps are out of the question as i'd probably find it full of cats in the morning.

however ... i have just ordered some lion poo
Yeah, my rabbit removal is foiled by tree squirrels.
@stixang avatar
UTC

Member
Vespa GT200
Joined: UTC
Posts: 13
 
Member
@stixang avatar
Vespa GT200
Joined: UTC
Posts: 13
UTC quote
Dealing with bad customer service after having trouble with an expensive product.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee
 

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com


All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.


[ Time: 0.0417s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0204s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]