@tomjasz avatar
UTC

Grievance Farmer

Grievance Farmer
@tomjasz avatar
UTC quote
FFS not everything is a contentious competition for who's better informed or more on target. Relax.
@stickyfrog avatar
UTC

Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s

Moderatus Rana
@stickyfrog avatar
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s
UTC quote
I had never heard either theory though they both sound good. My brother said it is because red wine has more sugar in it but I think he is full of crap.
@treppenwitz avatar
UTC

saggezza di scala
2009 'Burma Shave' Red GTS 250ie

saggezza di scala
@treppenwitz avatar
2009 'Burma Shave' Red GTS 250ie
UTC quote
tomjasz wrote:
FFS not everything is a contentious competition for who's better informed or more on target. Relax.
Neither contentious nor a competition. Just offering information. BTW, you offered the first round of corrections.
@fatmanscoot avatar
UTC

Addicted
Il Porco (GTS125ie)

Addicted
@fatmanscoot avatar
Il Porco (GTS125ie)
UTC quote
jimc wrote:
Bloody US shopping carts with only front wheel steering.
I know, what's that about?

I couldn't believe it the first time I was over there.

Luckily the aisles are huge to accommodate the massive turning circle.
@davidr5 avatar
UTC

Addicted
Scooter free for the moment

Addicted
@davidr5 avatar
Scooter free for the moment
UTC quote
The dang stream running through my basement that doesn't seem to want to stop
@stickyfrog avatar
UTC

Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s

Moderatus Rana
@stickyfrog avatar
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s
UTC quote
People who post scooters for sale on craig's list and don't respond it inquiries.
UTC

Enthusiast
ET4 2002 Black

Enthusiast
ET4 2002 Black
UTC quote
My elderly neighbour - hasn't been seen in a couple of weeks, but there is a load of litter outside his front door, you know, papers, milk, parcels - this makes the whole cul-de-sac look messy. And don't get me started on the smell coming from his back garden - smells like a rotten cor.....oh wait a minute.

Nothing pissing me off today, am kid free till tomorrow afternoon, had a lovely ride to the local beach this afternoon in the slight rain and stopped for a lovely hot chocolate and eyed up the waitress for a half an hour.
@tomjasz avatar
UTC

Grievance Farmer

Grievance Farmer
@tomjasz avatar
UTC quote
stickyfrog wrote:
People who post scooters for sale on craig's list and don't respond it inquiries.
The creatures that come out of the woods replying to Craig's list. I share your frustration at the lack of response from sellers, but am actually near terrified to use CL to ever sell anything again. My last round brought some scary characters, to my home. It seems 75% come needing a restroom, and it's a pain in the ass listening to the whining when I send them to the quick trip. Asking to use the facilities in a strangers home is just not something I would EVER do. My landscaping crews, back in the day, were strictly forbidden to ever put a home owner in the position to even have to respond.
@stickyfrog avatar
UTC

Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s

Moderatus Rana
@stickyfrog avatar
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s
UTC quote
tomjasz wrote:
stickyfrog wrote:
The creatures that come out of the woods replying to Craig's list. I share your frustration at the lack of response from sellers, but am actually near terrified to use CL to ever sell anything again. My last round brought some scary characters, to my home. It seems 75% come needing a restroom, and it's a pain in the ass listening to the whining when I send them to the quick trip. Asking to use the facilities in a strangers home is just not something I would EVER do. My landscaping crews, back in the day, were strictly forbidden to ever put a home owner in the position to even have to respond.
That would piss me off even more.
@willie_b avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
'20 300GTS Super Tec '09 250 GTSie '75 Rally 200 '79 P200 '09 Stella 221

Ossessionato
@willie_b avatar
'20 300GTS Super Tec '09 250 GTSie '75 Rally 200 '79 P200 '09 Stella 221
UTC quote
I recently listed a rental house on Craigslist. I was completely amazed with difference in demographics of the responses I received from Craig's List versus the responses from Zillow and Hot-Pads. I'll never list anything like that on CL again. I actually had some guy who showed up to look at the house use the bath, funny you say this. I would never think of doing this, especially leaving such a foul signature behind, some folks have no couth?
@rae avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
04 Granturismo- boy thats fun to say

Molto Verboso
@rae avatar
UTC quote
Lets see...

Bad mental day.

Finally talked my self into leaving the house to work some and get groceries.
Cant find my keys.
Find spare keys.
Scooter wont start and immediately floods- even though i dont have the throttle open. I've been having problems all summer. When I fill up. Not over filling, but it seems it always leads to flooding problems, until the levels gone down a bit.
Scooter started long enough to get me down the ally, then died. Pushed it back home.
Un packed everything.

I'll fiddle with it tomorrow.

Watched the cat vomit.
Watched cat eat vomit, then vomit it out again. I'm so glad we buy her nice food.

I too have things t sell on CL. ulg. I have a free rack thats been on my front porch for over a week. A woman keeps assuring me she'll be right by to pick it up.
@raiderfn31 avatar
UTC

Banned
PGO Buddy 150 "St Tropez" imported by Genuine scooter co.

Banned
@raiderfn31 avatar
PGO Buddy 150 "St Tropez" imported by Genuine scooter co.
UTC quote
^^^Sounds like you're having a bad day there, Rae. If it makes you feel better, this morning I witnessed my cat puke on the floor while she was standing on the countertop. Big <<splat>>. Real fun to see while grinding coffee at 6 a.m. -Dan
@silver_streak avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 Vespa LX 190, 2011 LXV150ie

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@silver_streak avatar
UTC quote
Must be the day for cat puke. Our Maine Coon just anointed the bedspread.
@syd avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS300 Super (Heinz) GTS250 Super (Bulger)

Ossessionato
@syd avatar
GTS300 Super (Heinz) GTS250 Super (Bulger)
UTC quote
Rae wrote:
Lets see...

I have a free rack thats been on my front porch for over a week. A woman keeps assuring me she'll be right by to pick it up.
Put it on the sidewalk with a $10 sign on it. It'll be gone by daylight.
@lomunchi avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2020 Honda NC750DCT

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@lomunchi avatar
2020 Honda NC750DCT
UTC quote
Short men should use the short urinal.

'nuff said.
@max6200 avatar
UTC

Banned
2006 GTS 250

Banned
@max6200 avatar
2006 GTS 250
UTC quote
Syd wrote:
Rae wrote:
Lets see...

I have a free rack thats been on my front porch for over a week. A woman keeps assuring me she'll be right by to pick it up.
Put it on the sidewalk with a $10 sign on it. It'll be gone by daylight.
Why are you keeping the rack in the front porch? It will rust!

Today the only thing that pissed me off was that everyone seemed to pushing the button for the elevator and not standing to the side. The whole thing creates a chaos when the door opens. Some people ought to be driving their pick up trucks in the sticks if they don't know anything about elevator etiquette.

I think it is a ploy to hurriedly back up a couple steps into other riders when the door opens and act all huffed up!
@rae avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@rae avatar
UTC quote
The porch is a bit covered, so its not rusting. Rack is headed to the ally where I'm sure it will be picked up before noon for metal scrap.
UTC

Enthusiast
09 vespa s50, 05 Vespa ET4 125cc , piaggio x9 125 , et4 50

Enthusiast
09 vespa s50, 05 Vespa ET4 125cc , piaggio x9 125 , et4 50
UTC quote
One thing I think we can all relate to one word MOTHER they seem to be good at pissing people off
@dmpawley avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2013 GTS 300 i.e.

Ossessionato
@dmpawley avatar
2013 GTS 300 i.e.
UTC quote
I'm dealing with the shittiest feeling right now.

Over the past couple of days I've been tracing down some files that were maliciously deleted when an employee 'abruptly left'. These are files that support surgeons with operations. They're important. The department that used them and the surgeons are having a harder time because these files have gone missing.

During the course of my investigation I found that an IT staff member helped the employee delete the files. They did it knowingly. I hated to do it, but I had no choice. I turned him in. Logically, I know I did the right thing, but emotionally it's ripping me apart.

That is what is pissing me off today.
@yayadave avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
MP3 500 - GTV250

Ossessionato
@yayadave avatar
MP3 500 - GTV250
UTC quote
dmpawley wrote:

Over the past couple of days I've been tracing down some files that were maliciously deleted when an employee 'abruptly left'. These are files that support surgeons with operations. They're important. The department that used them and the surgeons are having a harder time because these files have gone missing.

During the course of my investigation I found that an IT staff member helped the employee delete the files. They did it knowingly. I hated to do it, but I had no choice. I turned him in. Logically, I know I did the right thing, but emotionally it's ripping me apart.

Turn it around. By their actions, these people put you in that awful position. You owe them both a punch in the nose. Don't worry; they surely weren't concerned about you.
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
UTC quote
dmpawley wrote:

Tough situation. What happened wasn't minor mischief. Sometimes doing the right thing doesn't feel all that rewarding, but you don't have to deal with the gnawing feeling you can get from NOT doing something. This will pass.
@shebalba avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2009 GTS250, Ducati Monster M900, KTM 390 Adventure, Honda CR125

Molto Verboso
@shebalba avatar
2009 GTS250, Ducati Monster M900, KTM 390 Adventure, Honda CR125
UTC quote
When my ear folds while I'm putting on my full face helmet and I can't fit my finger in to fix it, so I'm standing in a parking lot like so moron giving myself a 'helmet noogie' trying to remedy.
@cyberlizard avatar
UTC

Addicted
2001 ET4 190cc

Addicted
@cyberlizard avatar
2001 ET4 190cc
UTC quote
I'm pissed (at myself) because my bike won't start and it's probably because I wasn't paying attention to the oil level and now my baby is just sitting there and I've got a Malossi 190 kit waiting to be installed but I don't have the money to pay for labor and now I probably need a new engine and I'm too embarrassed to ask about it on my favorite Vespa forum because I'll look like a complete moron and so I passive-aggressively post about it on a bitching thread. Crying or Very sad emoticon

(Damn, that was one hell of a run-on sentence!)
@tommylittlescooter avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
BV200, P200E (2),V90 and now a Big Ruckus

Molto Verboso
@tommylittlescooter avatar
BV200, P200E (2),V90 and now a Big Ruckus
UTC quote
CyberLizard wrote:
I'm pissed (at myself) because my bike won't start and it's probably because I wasn't paying attention to the oil level and now my baby is just sitting there and I've got a Malossi 190 kit waiting to be installed but I don't have the money to pay for labor and now I probably need a new engine and I'm too embarrassed to ask about it on my favorite Vespa forum because I'll look like a complete moron and so I passive-aggressively post about it on a bitching thread. Crying or Very sad emoticon

(Damn, that was one hell of a run-on sentence!)
Sorry to hear that. You might start by removing the engine, tearing it apart, learning about it all while watching ebay. LX/ET engines do turn up from time to time at reasonable prices. As for whats pissing me off: Flying on a certain low dollar airline, it is not worth the few hundred saved unless you don't mind a 22 hr trip from Vegas to Orlando full of delays and lost baggage
@menhir avatar
UTC

@menhir avatar
UTC quote
I bought a new computer to replace my rapidly failing old one.

After four long nights staying up until 2AM getting all my files and programs reloaded it turns out that it had a bad motherboard.
I was told that it would have to go back to the manufacturer for a couple of weeks after which I would be told what if anything would be done about it...Like I'm going to put up with that bullshit.

After a firm little talk, I'm getting a full refund.

It was a blessing anyway. It turns out the computer was also infected...

...with Windows 8.
⬆️    About 1 month elapsed    ⬇️
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
UTC quote
Bloody leaf-blowers - especially on a Sunday!

Why is it that in Europe the leaves are allowed to fall completely and are then cleared up in one fell swoop, but around here in CA some people blow their gardens clear of leaves almost every day. They are usually blown just into the road where they'll then blow onto someone else's lawn or straight back where they came from.

@dmpawley avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2013 GTS 300 i.e.

Ossessionato
@dmpawley avatar
2013 GTS 300 i.e.
UTC quote
jimc wrote:
Bloody leaf-blowers - especially on a Sunday!

Why is it that in Europe the leaves are allowed to fall completely and are then cleared up in one fell swoop, but around here in CA some people blow their gardens clear of leaves almost every day. They are usually blown just into the road where they'll then blow onto someone else's lawn or straight back where they came from.

I grew up in New England. You don't rake or blow leaves. Maybe you sweep them off the step and driveway. My wife grew up in California. It's a point of contention with us. So, I mow them and mulch them into the yard.
@hachi avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2005 GT 200

Ossessionato
@hachi avatar
2005 GT 200
UTC quote
That's my pet peeve too jimc! Early in the morning when you are trying to sleep in.
@silver_streak avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@silver_streak avatar
UTC quote
A most excellent thing to be pissed off about, Jim. It's one of my peeves, too. Absolutely nothing worse when you're just trying to have a peaceful cup of coffee and read the Sunday paper on your deck.

No blowers for me... I use an old-fashioned rake for a few areas out front, and the rest lie where they fall.

The ones I do rake up go straight into the compost heap. It staggers me that folks actually want to get rid of all that good organic material. I have almost no grass; my lot is basically one big rain garden, and the leaves make great winter mulch. And those in the compost heap turn into the richest loam imaginable for planting.
@rusty_rope avatar
UTC

Addicted
Vespa GTS 300 Super

Addicted
@rusty_rope avatar
Vespa GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
What's pissing me off?

The fact that my scooter crash was almost 5 months ago and waiting for parts to arrive from Italy.

Then hearing on the news that snow should be expected soon...

So as soon as I get my 5 month old (3 weeks old at the time of the crash) it'll be going straight in the garage until the snow has been and gone. Only done a thousand km
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
UTC quote
Silver Streak wrote:
It staggers me that folks actually want to get rid of all that good organic material. I have almost no grass; my lot is basically one big rain garden, and the leaves make great winter mulch. And those in the compost heap turn into the richest loam imaginable for planting.
One good tip for leaves is to bag them up in black garbage bags, seal tight and leave for a year. That makes very good leaf-mould, wonderful for potting-out. Barring that, on the compost heap is the right place.
@lomunchi avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2020 Honda NC750DCT

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@lomunchi avatar
2020 Honda NC750DCT
UTC quote
Leaves: I mulch 'em baby! I need the (eventual) top soil!
@aussiekas avatar
UTC

Hooked
Honda Forza 300 2014

Hooked
@aussiekas avatar
Honda Forza 300 2014
UTC quote
Uncouth children and the bastard parents who have failed to raise them properly.
@znomit avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190 Friday afternoon special, Primavera, some pushbikes

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@znomit avatar
LX190 Friday afternoon special, Primavera, some pushbikes
UTC quote
Getting reminded why I usually avoid the local "roundabout of terror".
@ducatiss avatar
UTC

Addicted
1979 P200E, 2006 Piaggio Fly 150, 2010 GTS 300 Super

Addicted
@ducatiss avatar
1979 P200E, 2006 Piaggio Fly 150, 2010 GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
Electric cars. The they sneak up on you in the parking lot.
@tomjasz avatar
UTC

Grievance Farmer

Grievance Farmer
@tomjasz avatar
UTC quote
jimc wrote:
Silver Streak wrote:
It staggers me that folks actually want to get rid of all that good organic material. I have almost no grass; my lot is basically one big rain garden, and the leaves make great winter mulch. And those in the compost heap turn into the richest loam imaginable for planting.
One good tip for leaves is to bag them up in black garbage bags, seal tight and leave for a year. That makes very good leaf-mould, wonderful for potting-out. Barring that, on the compost heap is the right place.
An anaerobic process making the biological outcome less diverse than aerobic and thermophilic processes. But for a homeowner unable to get his compost heap to sufficient temperatures, a very interesting idea. One for the microscope to confirm. Does anything ever freeze solid, for any period of time, in winter where this process was practiced?
@tomjasz avatar
UTC

Grievance Farmer

Grievance Farmer
@tomjasz avatar
UTC quote
Asshats operating under the guise of the sainted making remarks disrespectful of female participants.
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
UTC quote
Not a current gripe, but while on the leaf subject, people who still insist on burning theirs. Just shouldn't happen, but it does. Worse yet, it's the least offensive of my neighbor's burning obsession. When he first moved in, he cut the grass, collected the clippings, and later in the day tried to light the pile on fire. It did smolder for an hour or so. Since then I've seen him trying to burn diverse marginally combustible things like plastic air mattresses. Another neighbor said she's seem him trying to light a 5 gallon plastic pail. Facepalm emoticon

As I'm not the confrontational type neighbor, I've just written him off as hopeless. Just glad when the wind blows the other direction.
@tomjasz avatar
UTC

Grievance Farmer

Grievance Farmer
@tomjasz avatar
UTC quote
I'm with you! The rage here is to have a fire pit. On 50X150 lots. Now I love a nice campfire, but not blowing in my kitchen window on a marvelously fresh air fall evening. Go camping FFS! We have the advantage of a supportive fire dept if some asshat is burning trash or leaves.
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
UTC quote
tomjasz wrote:
jimc wrote:
Silver Streak wrote:
An anaerobic process making the biological outcome less diverse than aerobic and thermophilic processes. But for a homeowner unable to get his compost heap to sufficient temperatures, a very interesting idea. One for the microscope to confirm. Does anything ever freeze solid, for any period of time, in winter where this process was practiced?
Rarely more than a few days, but could be up to two or three weeks some years. IIRC it didn't make much difference.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.5007s ][ Queries: 3 (0.4845s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingTwo ]