@addicted avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Consume Less & Share More

Ossessionato
@addicted avatar
UTC quote
I'm psyched. A Stella, Lambretta, GT200 and my ET4 are meeting up for a frostbite ride tomorrow. The forecast is for a high of 42F, with light winds. We agreed on the route, and it works out to 65 miles. Our last club ride was in October, when we had 14 scooters present. Everyone has cabin fever. I'll post pictures. Yeah Baby!
@tfauch avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@tfauch avatar
UTC quote
Have a nice ride
Hey Gary,

It's snowing here in Massachusetts. I still need to get back out to check my hesitation problem I was having. But I'm glad I got out there when I could. 42 is not frost bite, it must be spring. Enjoy your ride, we'll be waiting for your pics.

Tim
@vespasfw3 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2006 Vespa GTS250ie, 2004 Vespa ET4, 2022 Royal Enfield Himalayan, 2001 Kawasaki W650.

Ossessionato
@vespasfw3 avatar
2006 Vespa GTS250ie, 2004 Vespa ET4, 2022 Royal Enfield Himalayan, 2001 Kawasaki W650.
UTC quote
Sounds like fun. I haven't ridden since Christmas ive because of the rain and wet but you're post caused me to check the weather forecast last night---clear and sunny, high 39. So I called a friend and made arrangements to ride this morning.

Got up and saw a dusting of snow on the road. Checked the forecast a few minutes ago and in said snow flurries and 32.

Hell, I'm going anyways.....

steve
@pdxvespa avatar
UTC

Modératrice
2005 Cobalt Blue ET4

Modératrice
@pdxvespa avatar
2005 Cobalt Blue ET4
UTC quote
good for you-- have a great ride! 8)
OP
@addicted avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@addicted avatar
UTC quote
Hey Tim,

I haven't heard from you in a while. Your hesitation problem, with your spanking new pipe, was on my mind. Believe it or not, I often wonder how things turn out for folks here. Keep us in the loop.

Yup, 42F is warm for me, but I'm a little concerned about my riding buddies. I'm the only one with a windscreen, and I have the heated gear too. I hope it hits the forecasted 42F high. We just got back from walking the dogie around the 'hood. It's bright and sunny, but it does still feel like winter. Hey, I'm buying the coffee at the rest stop.
OP
@addicted avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@addicted avatar
UTC quote
Well folks, Sunday was really fun. In attendance at Red Bank was Lenny, Jin, Vladimir, Jim, Jerry and Gary (me). Everybody was happy, friendly, and eager to ride. Jerry disappeared as we left Red Bank, en route to our Allaire destination. After a joyous 35 mile ride along country roads, we arrived at a very popular Allaire eatery. We piled inside, had soup and such, and great conversation. From there we rode a few miles to Vladimir's house, in Belmar. Aside from being the interesting character he is, Vladimir is also an enthusiastic motorino collector. We all had a good time being hosted by Vladimir and Catherina (please excuse my spelling), and it was entertaining to watch Lenny attempt to use hand tools. From there, Jim headed south to Brick while Lenny, Jin, and Gary (me) headed back to Red Bank. A great time was had by all.
@helmuthead avatar
UTC

My Stella, her et-2

@helmuthead avatar
My Stella, her et-2
UTC quote
Oh yeah, heat wave today in the northeast! I went out to pick up my lunch and I didn't wear a jacket.

I plan to take a little ride when I get home tonight. I'll ride all winter on days that are over 40 degrees. My last ride was last Thursday, 1/5/06 - 41 degrees.
@tfauch avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@tfauch avatar
UTC quote
Hesitation problem
Quote:
Hey Tim,

I haven't heard from you in a while. Your hesitation problem, with your spanking new pipe, was on my mind. Believe it or not, I often wonder how things turn out for folks here. Keep us in the loop.
Hey Gary,

I was sick last week but did manage to get out to the garage to run the scoot just to see if I could reproduce the hesitation problem with the scoot on its center stand and reving it. I think I need the weather to improve so I can get out and test ride it. I got some new plugs last wednesday from Sparkplugs.com "Denso-IU24" Iridium, good stuff I guess. I was working on a write up for Changing the Sparkplug on the ET4 But I'm waiting to put the plug in now because "marc" says he has a better way of changing plugs and is going to post up some pics in the Changing oil... lessons learned post. And also my scoot may be going down to JavaSpeed for its new 190 kit. So I may never know since they will rejet and tune the scoot for me when they install the 190 kit. I'll let you know if I find anything out. Where are those pictures you were going to take of your ride.

Tim
OP
@addicted avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@addicted avatar
UTC quote
Sunday's club ride pictures are (hopefully) here. I tried to post them earlier, but ran into a problem with attachments. Here goes...
Here we are at the eatery in Allaire. Left to right, is conjoined Lenny and Jin, Vladimir and Jim.
Here we are at the eatery in Allaire. Left to right, is conjoined Lenny and Jin, Vladimir and Jim.
@tfauch avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@tfauch avatar
UTC quote
Question
Is envious and jealous the same thing ? Although by the looks of things I may be back out on the road by Thursday, temps in the 40's this week around here. I need a few days to let the roads clear.

Tim
OP
@addicted avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@addicted avatar
UTC quote
I'm still having problems with attachments. It now seems to be that I can't attach multiple pictures to a single posting. I'm working with Jess on this issue. Please bear with me.

I'll try to add another picture attachment in this post...
Here's the scooters, parked pre-ride in Red Bank. On the left is Vladimir's '86 Vespa PX 150E, Jim's '05 GT200, Lenny's '03 Stella, Jin's '04 Honda Elite, and Gary's (me) '05 ET4.
Here's the scooters, parked pre-ride in Red Bank. On the left is Vladimir's '86 Vespa PX 150E, Jim's '05 GT200, Lenny's '03 Stella, Jin's '04 Honda Elite, and Gary's (me) '05 ET4.
OP
@addicted avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@addicted avatar
UTC quote
I'll officially be out of the witness protection program, with this next picture. Bear in mind that these are unflattering poses, after 45 minutes of hard-scootering in a full-face helmet. Am I vain? Yup.
I'm the muscle-bound Power Ranger on the left. Jin, Lenny's sweet wife, is on my right. Vladimir is doing his impression of Gumby putting on a helmet.
I'm the muscle-bound Power Ranger on the left. Jin, Lenny's sweet wife, is on my right. Vladimir is doing his impression of Gumby putting on a helmet.
@jess avatar
UTC

Petty Tyrant
0:7 And counting

Petty Tyrant
@jess avatar
0:7 And counting
UTC quote
Gary - I'm sending Knuckles over to deal with the, uh, problem.

But seriously - After you've done the Choose File step, and then hit the Add Attachment button, what happens? Does it fail then, or not until you hit Submit?
OP
@addicted avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@addicted avatar
UTC quote
jess wrote:
After you've done the Choose File step, and then hit the Add Attachment button, what happens? Does it fail then, or not until you hit Submit?
It was my error Jess. I only had to repeat it about a dozen times before I saw my error. Duh.

In a single post, my first attachment would be successful. That's is, I could see it in the preview pane. My subsequent attachment would fail, and I would never get to the point of adding my third attachment. It turns out that my second attachment was being rejected for size constraints, but I never spotted the error message.
@cindy avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2006 Vespa LX150

Molto Verboso
@cindy avatar
2006 Vespa LX150
UTC quote
Nice pics Gary, I would love to see a group of scoots other than just 2, Paul's and mine.
@beale avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
None! I sold it :(

Ossessionato
@beale avatar
None! I sold it :(
UTC quote
Looks like a good ride. I have never had the chance to even ride with another scooter, let alone a group. I have ridden with another bike, a 250 Nija, had a good time. I will get to go an a ride with mutiple scooters someday I hope, Beale.
@pdxvespa avatar
UTC

Modératrice
2005 Cobalt Blue ET4

Modératrice
@pdxvespa avatar
2005 Cobalt Blue ET4
UTC quote
Great pix, Gary!
@xman avatar
UTC

Addicted
gt200

Addicted
@xman avatar
gt200
UTC quote
Hey Gary,

Nice pics. Man, I wish I could have join you guys...seems like a great ride. I hope I can join ya one day on a ride. How far from NYC do you guys start from?

X
OP
@addicted avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@addicted avatar
UTC quote
Hey there X,

Our club rides are the first Sunday of every month. In October we had 15 scooters, which is fantastic for NJ. We always meet in Red Bank, which is about 5 miles inland from Sandy Hook Park. It would be pretty hard for you to make it over here from NYC though. By scooter, I take route 35 north to the Outerbridge Crossing, then travel across Staten Island to the Verrazano Narrows Bridge, where I make my way through Brooklyn, and then over the Brooklyn Bridge into the city.

I guess we're not going to meet-up at the NYC rally after all X. I'm bummed that there won't be a Gotham Rally this year. Vladimir, one of the guys in Sunday's ride, won a mint '62Lammy 125 Li3 at a previous Gotham Rally. Check their photo archive, and you'll see Vladimir and his prize Lambretta.
@vanslam avatar
UTC

Addicted
Vespa LX150

Addicted
@vanslam avatar
Vespa LX150
UTC quote
Gary thanks for the route. I was wondering how I would get to NYC from Central Jersey. Can scooters use the Holland Tunnel? I was going to take 130 to 1 to 1-9 to the tunnel. Then the Brooklyn Bridge to Brooklyn.

I'll have to catch up with you guys one day on a Sunday Ride. I live in East Windsor near Hightstown.
OP
@addicted avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@addicted avatar
UTC quote
Hi vanslam,

I think you've contacted us on the JSSC website, under a different alias. Your name is John, no? I scooter your way frequently, as it's one of my favorite rides to Allentown. It's about 80 miles round trip for me. I let 'er rip past all the farms in Millstone. Sometimes I keep on going to Trenton, then over the bridge into PA. All told, that's a 150 mile day.

Another scooter-safe route to NYC is to take the Outerbridge Crossing into Staten Island, then take the Bayonne Bridge back into NJ, travel up to Hoboken on local roads, and take the tunnel into NYC. Yes, the tunnel is legal for a 150CC scooter.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0338s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0067s) ][ Debug on ][ 309 ][ Thing One ]