@vesparican avatar
UTC

Hooked
NONE (At this moment)

Hooked
@vesparican avatar
NONE (At this moment)
UTC quote
Today, while riding to work and going thru the cobblestone streets of Old San Juan I noticed a strange noise coming from my top case of my 200GL. It was also vibrating a lot! I though It was my extra helmet doing all this noise. When I got to work, I checked the top case and to my surprise, the two "things"(don't know the name) that holds the top case to the rear rack have broken off due to the vibration. It even broke part of the steel rear rack. The type of material used to hold the top case is made of a really shitty composite as well as the material used for the rear rack. To pay almost $300.00 for a top case that breaks up like this I think that, IT SUCKS!!!. Vespa should have come up with a stronger material for the money. I took the top case off (it looks like crap) until I can figure it out how to make a plate that will hold the top case to the rear rack from the bottom because I don't not want to lose it. I certainly cannot afford to pay almost $300.00 for a new one. Have this happened to anyone out here? Any suggestions? If I can get this attachment thing fix I'll post some pictures.

VESPARICAN 8)
@lasermaster avatar
UTC

GT200

@lasermaster avatar
GT200
UTC quote
Piaggio Topcase
The same thing happened to mine, and I was equally aggravated. Broke the case and the rack. I pitched it and bought a Givi. It's less expensive, and my personal experience indicates that it's a better product. You can read more about it at this thread:
GIVI Topcases[/url]
@wasp avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS250 vintage red

Hooked
@wasp avatar
GTS250 vintage red
UTC quote
lighter and cooler?
@wasp avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS250 vintage red

Hooked
@wasp avatar
GTS250 vintage red
UTC quote
ok tried to attach a pic of my Gt200 with the Piaggio Leather case in black. Didn't work. Sorry
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0273s ][ Queries: 5 (0.0025s) ][ Debug on ][ 309 ][ Thing One ]