OP
UTC

Enthusiast
Vespa GT200 and Lambretta LI125

Enthusiast
UTC quote
Hey OZ,

In Oregon, the the manifacturer/ dealer has 4 chances to repair the problem until the lemon law kicks in.
This is actually only my third try. The only clause that talks about a time period, is if the bike is not working for 30 days because they cant repair it. Mine is working, but jsut not properly. In anycase, im now in contact with Eric larson of Piaggio. If this doesnt work, im gonna raise hell.
Im also concidering just selling the damn thing and getting a motorcycle or maybe that sweet new kymco xciting. for my small scooter needs ill have my lambretta project on the road in a couple of months.

And Eric, I think the delay in my parts is because two reasons. I gotta admit that my dealer does kinda suck (they stock no parts what so ever). But at the same time, they have tried to get a strait responses from Piaggio, who keeps telling them the part is coming, and never comes.

and regarding Bajaj, you sure your not talking about the old 2 stroke Bajaj Chetak bikes? Because they new 4 stroke one have parts easily available and are built like tanks.

~Anthony
OP
UTC

Enthusiast

Enthusiast
UTC quote
shit....this was meant as a reply to the bajaj chetak post...
i accidentally pressed the new topic button.
oh well.

But how is that new clutch OZ? how many miles you got on the GT since the fix?

And dood...once the snow melts up here im riding down to california and meeting some of you bay area folks!
@theoz avatar
UTC

Sir Frets-A-Lot
Vespa GT250ie/L, Honda Ruckus 50, Honda NT700V, Honda CB125

Sir Frets-A-Lot
@theoz avatar
UTC quote
Re: wooh hoo
TonyTheTiger wrote:
Hey OZ,

In Oregon, the the manifacturer/ dealer has 4 chances to repair the problem until the lemon law kicks in.
This is actually only my third try. The only clause that talks about a time period, is if the bike is not working for 30 days because they cant repair it. Mine is working, but jsut not properly.
Yeah, California is the same, but I didn't realize the provision was that could not "work" at all. To me, that clutch issue is a serious enough problem that if its slipping, it's "not working"... lack of parts is an inability to repair it in my book, but that's me just being a dick.
Quote:
In anycase, im now in contact with Eric larson of Piaggio. If this doesnt work, im gonna raise hell.
Im also concidering just selling the damn thing and getting a motorcycle or maybe that sweet new kymco xciting. for my small scooter needs ill have my lambretta project on the road in a couple of months.
Yeah, I can understand that. It took a bit of fussing with Josh Kane and Eric Larson to get the shop to be able to replace the entire clutch and housing, which is what it took to get the bike working again. They were pretty insistent that the shop was not doing the repair properly when in fact it was, it's just that the solution to the issue isn't what they're recommending. The clutch drum has INCREDIBLY low tollerances for warping, which results in the slipping. Scuffing the drum or shoes won't fix the issue. The repair shop relies on them to give them good info and that wasn't happening.

I can understand the desire to get a new vehicle, after all I picked up my Atlantic 500 2 months ago and I love it, but it means I have 2 bikes and no garage, which is harder than it sounds.
Quote:
And Eric, I think the delay in my parts is because two reasons. I gotta admit that my dealer does kinda suck (they stock no parts what so ever). But at the same time, they have tried to get a strait responses from Piaggio, who keeps telling them the part is coming, and never comes.
In my limited experience, Piaggio has a habit of the radio silence, which is not a good way, IMHO, to deal with your dealers. This is detrimental to the image of the dealers and it builds a lack of confidence in the consumers.

On the flipside, I also understand Piaggio is undergoing numerous changes in their parts process, including incorporating the inventory management of their additional brands (derbi, aprilia, etc). These changes will inherently slow down the process until they're completely reconciled. I just dont' think that there's enough communication.

Anyway, right now my bike's good... runnin' on about 700 miles. Now my only problem is it keeps falling over when parked outside in shitty weather. That's irritating, but not anyone's fault.

If you take a trip out here let me know when. I'll take you around town man - show you a good time Sorry to hear that you still haven't gotten the part. That's such a ridiculously long time to be without a bike
OP
UTC

Enthusiast

Enthusiast
UTC quote
HEY OZ,

Why does your vespa keep falling over in the rain? thats strange.

But guess what...strange....after i posted my last post about vespa not sending my parts, i got a call that my parts were in! isnt life strange like that. But hopefully this will fix all my problems and i wont have to deal with the joy of the lemon law.

I think ill keep my GT for a little while longer...i like the GT alot but it really irks me that it took 4 months to get this simple part. I hope piaggio can get its act together...especially if they really want to re-establish themselves in the USA after their 20 year absence.

anyhow, im actually originally from the bay area...from the east bay. I just moved up to oregon in the past year. I really miss the bay area weather. So no matter how bad the riding weather is in Cali....just remember that its worse here!

take care homie,
Anthony
@theoz avatar
UTC

Sir Frets-A-Lot

Sir Frets-A-Lot
@theoz avatar
UTC quote
Its not the rain it keeps falling over in, it's the wind that comes with the rain

But yeah, I was in your same boat for coincidence... read this entry: http://www.livejournal.com/users/oz_gt/3212.html . They know when you're talking shit about them, I swear to god Regardless, what started off as me thinking I was gonna sell my GT has come to me thinking I'm gonna keep my GT as long as it lives.

Where in the East Bay? I've lived in Oakland and Berkeley for several years...
OP
UTC

Enthusiast

Enthusiast
UTC quote
HAHA....they must know when we're talking shit. I really hope its all fixed this time though.

But that really crazy that the wind blew over your GT. Those storms over there must have been really harsh!

Ive lived in Oakland (when i was a kid) but grew up the second half of my life in San Lorenzo. I really really do miss the bay area!

adios!
~Anthony
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0322s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0058s) ][ Debug on ][ 309 ][ Thing One ]