OP
@dougandmichelle avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
None. Maybe again someday when Michelle won't worry.

Molto Verboso
@dougandmichelle avatar
UTC quote
I have a small scratch and I took my scoot to my body shop that I trust. The guy helping me said if I could come up with the Vespa paint, he could fix my scratch. He said touch up paint would work but it would be better to have like a pint (or even just a small cup) he could use in his spray gun. Unlike cars, you can't just use the vin. number and get the paint from a company. So can you get real Vespa paint from a dealer? I need some Vintage Green. The other option would be they could mix up some paint there at the shop to match he just thought it would be best if I could get "the color" from Vespa or through the dealer.
@quasi-moto avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
SawStop

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@quasi-moto avatar
SawStop
UTC quote
Piaggio has a paint code, and it's this number that you need. I'd suggest callling scooterbobby to see if he has it on file.

Len
@grind avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@grind avatar
UTC quote
Start with asking your dealer, first. I got some touch up paint for my ET from my dealer.
@tfauch avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@tfauch avatar
UTC quote
Bzzz posted this up a while ago
Bzzz posted this up a while ago.

382 Vintage Green
738/A Excalibur Gray
79/A Black
94 Black <== I think this is graphite
731/A Smoke Grey
202/A Ocean Blue
204/A Imperial Blue
524 Cameo
686 Platinum
208 Alabaster
525 White

Many of the colors are listed in the European catalogs of Piaggio accessories. Here's a link to the mostly-English version of a Norweigian catalog with many color codes listed:

http://www.piaggio.no/fileadmin/piaggio.no/images/accGB-LowRES.pdf

Tim
@vesparican avatar
UTC

Hooked
NONE (At this moment)

Hooked
@vesparican avatar
NONE (At this moment)
UTC quote
Hey DougandMichelle:

I also have a vintage green scooter. I tried to contact the Vespa Headquarters a while back to by a pint of paint but no such luck on a reply back from them. I called the Vespa dealer in Miami and got a touch up paint bottle for $8.00 and the side stand for a very good price. Talk to Maria, she is pretty deligent and fast as far as delivery goes. As of the quart of paint, talked to my Vespa dealer here and he said that any paint shop will match your paint. Good luck.

VESPARICAN 8)
OP
@dougandmichelle avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@dougandmichelle avatar
UTC quote
Thanks all....
Thanks for all the help everyone. My dealer in OKC said he should be able to get me some paint from a shop they use there along with some touch up paint and if all else fails, my body shop should (like many of you have said) be able to match it pretty close regardless. The scratch is down low and should be very hard to find after it's fixed. Thanks again for all of the input.
Doug
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0241s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0015s) ][ Debug on ][ 309 ][ Thing One ]