OP
UTC

Piaggio Xevo 250

Piaggio Xevo 250
UTC quote
Hi , my Piaggio Xevo 250cc (it has the same motor like the GTS 250cc) is stalling especially in the mornings when it's cold outside , it starts then turn off or starts and when i want to ride the fuel is reaching /not reaching the engine and i have to sqeeze the throtle a few times and ply with it. Before replacing the fuel pump i want to try replacing the fuel filter that is located in the fuel pump. I'm wondering if anyone has done that before and where i can buy this filter ?
thanks
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
UTC quote
* How old is the battery? If it's slowly going dead, the fuel injection won't function properly.

*How many miles on the scooter..............and when were the valves adjusted?

*Getting to the fuel pump in the gas tank is not an easy job on the GTS models with your same engine. I don't know if it's as labor intensive as changing the fuel pump on a GTS. I don't remember where anyone has ever posted that they actually went into the tank and changed their filter.
*There's a high probability that the problem IS NOT your fuel filter but either:
1.a fuel injection problem
2.An ECU problem
3.Simply needs a new battery
4.valves need adjusting
Good luck with finding your problem quickly.
OP
UTC

Piaggio Xevo 250

Piaggio Xevo 250
UTC quote
Hi , the scooter model year is 2008 - this mean that the battery is almost 3 years old. It seems that it's o.k with the power that is been delivered to the starter motor by hearing it. What are the parameters for a healthy battery ? . I have 22,000 km on this scooter and didn't adjust the valves yet.
thanks
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
UTC quote
ilanr1 wrote:
Hi , the scooter model year is 2008 - this mean that the battery is almost 3 years old. It seems that it's o.k with the power that is been delivered to the starter motor by hearing it. What are the parameters for a healthy battery ? . I have 22,000 km on this scooter and didn't adjust the valves yet.
thanks
1) If your battery is a wet cell type, it's likely to need replacing with an AGM type. Wet cell batteries on a scooter usually have a useful life of around three years. Check the battery at the terminals with a volt meter and with the ignition off, you should see 12.5-12.8 volts. Then start the scooter and let it idle and check again: you should see at least 12 volts: Then run up the rpm's and check it again and you should see around 13.8-14 volts. After running the engine, turn it off and check it again and see if the battery has fallen below where it was when you took the first reading with the ignition off.
2) You have enough km's on your scooter so your valves may very well be in need of an adjustment. Rough idling is a symptom of valves that are in need of adjusting.
3) The battery is absolutely the first place to start. We've seen plenty of scooters with your problem that simply needed a new battery.
OP
UTC

Piaggio Xevo 250

Piaggio Xevo 250
UTC quote
Hi , the problem solved - a faulty battery !!!
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0241s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0038s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]