@speedskater avatar
UTC

Hooked
MP3 500

Hooked
@speedskater avatar
MP3 500
UTC quote
I recently saw an flyer at a local business for a local motorcycle ride. Why not? I have never done any riding with a group. Should be fun hanging with the Harley/BMW group.

The flyer says there will be Bug Cards and a 50/50 raffle. After some internet searching, I got the 50/50 and found out about "poker runs" but I am still in the dark about the cards.
Any of you experienced riders know what a "Bug Card" is?
@furrymeatloaf avatar
UTC

Hooked
MP3 250

Hooked
@furrymeatloaf avatar
MP3 250
UTC quote
I believe it's a game where whoever hits the most bug with their bike wins.

Here's a site that sells the cards.
http://bugbullseye.com/
@g03 avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
MP3 500 08

Molto Verboso
@g03 avatar
MP3 500 08
UTC quote
Group riding has it's dangers. Bad habits of side by side riding, tailgating eachother, along with lots of inexperienced drivers of all ages. Good riders keep a far distance away from each other, all the time.
@cagedodger avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
NC700XD

Molto Verboso
@cagedodger avatar
NC700XD
UTC quote
The MP3 has a huge advantage for bug killing. Fatty face Fuoco!
OP
@speedskater avatar
UTC

Hooked
MP3 500

Hooked
@speedskater avatar
MP3 500
UTC quote
Ugg... I never should have asked. Who comes up with these games anyway?
G03 wrote:
Group riding has it's dangers. Bad habits of side by side riding, tailgating each other, along with lots of inexperienced drivers of all ages. Good riders keep a far distance away from each other, all the time.
Thanks for the tips G03!
@cagedodger avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
NC700XD

Molto Verboso
@cagedodger avatar
NC700XD
UTC quote
tarded groups
G03 wrote:
Group riding has it's dangers. Bad habits of side by side riding, tailgating eachother, along with lots of inexperienced drivers of all ages. Good riders keep a far distance away from each other, all the time.
+1000!

The problem with group rides is that there's always some alpha person who's never done one before but knows everything anyway. That's the person you want to stay away from. Look for an open exhaust of some sort as a first indicator.

Whenever I do a group ride nowadays (rare) I'll stay at the back in a "sweeper" position so that I don't have a distracted inexperienced rider forget to break into my trunk or try to blow by me into oncoming traffic.

If you get a good group together, it's an awesome experience. But with a function like that, I'd be ready to bail at a drop of a hat if you get some testosterone overcompensators.

Whatever you do, keep firm to your comfort envelope. If you feel like someone is pressuring you to ride a certain way, safely make your way outside the pack (use turn and hand signals) and drop a few places further back. The hotheads might get pissy but the competent riders will understand without a word.

Make sure that the ride leaders discuss hand signals ahead of time as well as their intended route.
@hamonthree avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
MP3 250 (His) LX150 (Hers)

Molto Verboso
@hamonthree avatar
MP3 250 (His) LX150 (Hers)
UTC quote
FurryMeatloaf wrote:
I believe it's a game where whoever hits the most bug with their bike wins.

Here's a site that sells the cards.
http://bugbullseye.com/
Sorta like folks before a parade writing on the street with chalk and making bets which gerrymandered pattern gets pooped on by the horses...
@raybjur avatar
UTC

Addicted
'10 Aprilia Mana GT

Addicted
@raybjur avatar
'10 Aprilia Mana GT
UTC quote
Quote:
Sorta like folks before a parade writing on the street with chalk and making bets which gerrymandered pattern gets pooped on by the horses...
All just goes to prove there are more horse's asses in the world than there are horses! Clown emoticon
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0272s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0065s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]