OP
UTC

Hooked
Vespa GTS 300 super, Moto Guzzi Griso

Hooked
UTC quote
If it's not the fuel pump, mine goes on at start up with the whirr. Battery terminals are clean and connected. I think the spark plug is on tight. (Off to the right of the engine and hard to fit a hand near it?) Bike runs fine for maybe 15 minutes than starts to stall out and die. Can restart after turning off kill switch and hitting starter. But dies at slow down. Evap canister is removed. Anything else to check.
@dr_zoidberg avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Ducati Scrambler 800 Nightshift

Ossessionato
@dr_zoidberg avatar
Ducati Scrambler 800 Nightshift
UTC quote
Air filter?
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
UTC quote
Sounds like the fuel pump is beginning to fail. When it gets hot is when your problem starts.
But, check your air filter too.
OP
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
UTC quote
Looked around the engine some more. Everything tight. Did find that a bundle of electrical wires running along the right side of the engine bay had some exposed copper. I electrical taped that. Took the scoot out for a 15 minute ride and didn't get any stalling. Would the exposed wire cause stalling?
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
UTC quote
It sounds like a TPS stepper motor issue more than a fuel pump issue to as you said it starts back up straight away and only happens at slow speeds...

Why does everyone who has a running problem get told fuel pump? It's not the miracle cure!!
UTC

Hooked
GT 200, Faro Basso, Cosa, VS5

Hooked
GT 200, Faro Basso, Cosa, VS5
UTC quote
Sounds like your petcock on your fuel tank, bad diaphram
OP
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
UTC quote
Well I've had it on the same route 3 times so far after taping that exposed wire. No stalling Mysterious. It'll probably stall when i try riding it to work.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0238s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0045s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]