OP
@bubbajon avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
RIP: MP3 500 - Brutto Moto
Joined: UTC
Posts: 5288
Location: Austin, TX
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@bubbajon avatar
RIP: MP3 500 - Brutto Moto
Joined: UTC
Posts: 5288
Location: Austin, TX
UTC quote
Matt posted on Facebook that they will be closing - he cites "other interests" and "declining passion".

http://www.scootertrap.com/
@manfetti avatar
UTC

Hooked
ScooterTrap.com
Joined: UTC
Posts: 483
Location: Orlando, FL
 
Hooked
@manfetti avatar
ScooterTrap.com
Joined: UTC
Posts: 483
Location: Orlando, FL
UTC quote
Damn, you beat me to it! Sorry, but it's time to move on. Now that doesn't mean I'll be selling my scoot so I will be dropping in from time to time. Thanks for all of your support over the years.... it hasn't gone unappreciated!

Matt C.
@fuzzy avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
. . 2008 Blue MP3 400. . di Peluria Orso .... 1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 ....... 2013 Honda NC700XD; 2017 Versys X300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 6249
Location: South Cumberland Plateau in Tennessee
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fuzzy avatar
. . 2008 Blue MP3 400. . di Peluria Orso .... 1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 ....... 2013 Honda NC700XD; 2017 Versys X300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 6249
Location: South Cumberland Plateau in Tennessee
UTC quote
Damn Guess we need to stock up on filters tires and such before your closed Matt.
OP
@bubbajon avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
RIP: MP3 500 - Brutto Moto
Joined: UTC
Posts: 5288
Location: Austin, TX
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@bubbajon avatar
RIP: MP3 500 - Brutto Moto
Joined: UTC
Posts: 5288
Location: Austin, TX
UTC quote
manfetti wrote:
Damn, you beat me to it! Sorry, but it's time to move on. Now that doesn't mean I'll be selling my scoot so I will be dropping in from time to time. Thanks for all of your support over the years.... it hasn't gone unappreciated!

Matt C.
You shoulda posted here first then - not Facebook!
@old_as_dirt avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 GTS
Joined: UTC
Posts: 22418
Location: Harriman, Tennessee, Tn
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@old_as_dirt avatar
2007 GTS
Joined: UTC
Posts: 22418
Location: Harriman, Tennessee, Tn
UTC quote
Bummer, Matt hope this will give you some time to get out and ride more.
@bravotwofour avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
'09 Mp3-500 - Gone Now
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2065
Location: Happy Valley, Oregon
 
Ossessionato
@bravotwofour avatar
'09 Mp3-500 - Gone Now
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2065
Location: Happy Valley, Oregon
UTC quote
Sorry to read this. Scootertrap was a good resource. However, we all got to do what we got to do, so good luck Matt. And thanks.
@sushiman007 avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
She's an I-talian $$-burning machine
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1859
Location: America, The Beautiful
 
Molto Verboso
@sushiman007 avatar
She's an I-talian $$-burning machine
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1859
Location: America, The Beautiful
UTC quote
Malossi 500 air filter, GONE! Crying or Very sad emoticon

Thanks, SCOOTERTRAP, you've been good to us! Crying or Very sad emoticon Crying or Very sad emoticon Crying or Very sad emoticon
@mjm50cal avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Red MP3 500 RUBY DRAGON
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2626
Location: Northern CA
 
Ossessionato
@mjm50cal avatar
Red MP3 500 RUBY DRAGON
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2626
Location: Northern CA
UTC quote
Bummed! Crying or Very sad emoticon
@rob_in_denver avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Mp3 500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2320
Location: Denver Colorado
 
Ossessionato
@rob_in_denver avatar
Mp3 500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2320
Location: Denver Colorado
UTC quote
Sorry to see you go, tried to send my biz your way. Best of luck. You were an institution. Is there a final sale then? Might want some things, not sure where we will find some of the stuff you carry once you are gone. A quick check showed you were already out of jcosta weights. A quick look online turned up no other source though I hope that is wrong. Not even sure what size weights I am looking for.
Oh, you will be so missed Matt!
@manfetti avatar
UTC

Hooked
ScooterTrap.com
Joined: UTC
Posts: 483
Location: Orlando, FL
 
Hooked
@manfetti avatar
ScooterTrap.com
Joined: UTC
Posts: 483
Location: Orlando, FL
UTC quote
Thanks guys... I'm trying to restrain the emotion right now but I can honestly say that's it's been some of the best years of my life. I'll still gonna be around though.... just more of an vocal asshole though, now that I can get away with it.. .... the parts that I don't have will likely have to purchased through SIP until someone in the US gets the parts.

Matt C.
@stooterboy avatar
UTC

Banned
MP3 500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4530
Location: Ashburn, Va
 
Banned
@stooterboy avatar
MP3 500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4530
Location: Ashburn, Va
UTC quote
Damn, oil filters are gone too. Glad I have 3 or 4 in my home stock.
@rob_in_denver avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Mp3 500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2320
Location: Denver Colorado
 
Ossessionato
@rob_in_denver avatar
Mp3 500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2320
Location: Denver Colorado
UTC quote
In the "you don't miss the water till the well runs dry" department, further looking on the web spotlights how head and shoulders you were over the others,Matt. I wont even call them competition. Sipp or whatever it is, is pathetic. no comparison, and the rest seem worse. Maybe there are still some I have not found, I have been searching "maxi scooter parts".
Just a plea from some of your faithful clients here, would you consider taking pre paid orders for replacement rollers for the Jcostas so we can keep them going into the future? No idea where we will get them otherwise.
Maybe a one time, do it now or never, sort of deal? Paid in advance.
@mjm50cal avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Red MP3 500 RUBY DRAGON
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2626
Location: Northern CA
 
Ossessionato
@mjm50cal avatar
Red MP3 500 RUBY DRAGON
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2626
Location: Northern CA
UTC quote
Rob In Denver wrote:
In the "you don't miss the water till the well runs dry" department, further looking on the web spotlights how head and shoulders you were over the others,Matt. I wont even call them competition. Sipp or whatever it is, is pathetic. no comparison, and the rest seem worse. Maybe there are still some I have not found, I have been searching "maxi scooter parts".
Just a plea from some of your faithful clients here, would you consider taking pre paid orders for replacement rollers for the Jcostas so we can keep them going into the future? No idea where we will get them otherwise.
Maybe a one time, do it now or never, sort of deal? Paid in advance.
I'm in if your in.
@cagedodger avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
NC700XD
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1372
Location: Richmond, VA
 
Molto Verboso
@cagedodger avatar
NC700XD
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1372
Location: Richmond, VA
UTC quote
mjm50cal wrote:
Rob In Denver wrote:
In the "you don't miss the water till the well runs dry" department, further looking on the web spotlights how head and shoulders you were over the others,Matt. I wont even call them competition. Sipp or whatever it is, is pathetic. no comparison, and the rest seem worse. Maybe there are still some I have not found, I have been searching "maxi scooter parts".
Just a plea from some of your faithful clients here, would you consider taking pre paid orders for replacement rollers for the Jcostas so we can keep them going into the future? No idea where we will get them otherwise.
Maybe a one time, do it now or never, sort of deal? Paid in advance.
I'm in if your in.
Ditto!
OP
@bubbajon avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
RIP: MP3 500 - Brutto Moto
Joined: UTC
Posts: 5288
Location: Austin, TX
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@bubbajon avatar
RIP: MP3 500 - Brutto Moto
Joined: UTC
Posts: 5288
Location: Austin, TX
UTC quote
manfetti wrote:
... just more of an vocal asshole though, now that I can get away with it..
Ahhhh! So *that's* your new ambition! LOL... It'll be fun to have you as one of the guys Matt!
UTC

Addicted
Joined: UTC
Posts: 669
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
 
Addicted
Joined: UTC
Posts: 669
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
UTC quote
~.
⚠️ Last edited by JTbme on UTC; edited 1 time
@edinbtr avatar
UTC

Addicted
Piaggio MP3-500, Aprilia Mana 850, Aprilia SR 50 Factory
Joined: UTC
Posts: 543
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
 
Addicted
@edinbtr avatar
Piaggio MP3-500, Aprilia Mana 850, Aprilia SR 50 Factory
Joined: UTC
Posts: 543
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
UTC quote
I would be in on the J Costa rollers as well.
@raybjur avatar
UTC

Addicted
'10 Aprilia Mana GT
Joined: UTC
Posts: 720
Location: Central New Jersey
 
Addicted
@raybjur avatar
'10 Aprilia Mana GT
Joined: UTC
Posts: 720
Location: Central New Jersey
UTC quote
And another JCosta vote.
@rob_in_denver avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Mp3 500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2320
Location: Denver Colorado
 
Ossessionato
@rob_in_denver avatar
Mp3 500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2320
Location: Denver Colorado
UTC quote
Not sure where Matt disappears to sometimes, but maybe he will show up with an answer soon.
If that answer is negative, I realized I have an email address for a guy at Jcosta who helped me with a problem I had. They seemed quite willing to help, so maybe we could arrange a bulk buy of rollers, if it comes to that.
It would be so much easier if Matt would come through for us on this.
@bravotwofour avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
'09 Mp3-500 - Gone Now
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2065
Location: Happy Valley, Oregon
 
Ossessionato
@bravotwofour avatar
'09 Mp3-500 - Gone Now
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2065
Location: Happy Valley, Oregon
UTC quote
raybjur wrote:
And another JCosta vote.
Put me in there too...

How can you ignore those numbers?
@rjeffb avatar
UTC

Bracketmeister
Bracketmeister Emeritus (retired)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2519
Location: New Jersey
 
Bracketmeister
@rjeffb avatar
Bracketmeister Emeritus (retired)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2519
Location: New Jersey
UTC quote
Matt, count me in for a set of replacement J. Costa rollers as well if you see fit to do this, and thanks for all the help. My local dealer can install them but not source them.
@manfetti avatar
UTC

Hooked
ScooterTrap.com
Joined: UTC
Posts: 483
Location: Orlando, FL
 
Hooked
@manfetti avatar
ScooterTrap.com
Joined: UTC
Posts: 483
Location: Orlando, FL
UTC quote
Sorry, but I'm not ordering any more. Contact J Costa directly and they will ship outright now that they know I'm closing.

Matt C.
@rob_in_denver avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Mp3 500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2320
Location: Denver Colorado
 
Ossessionato
@rob_in_denver avatar
Mp3 500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2320
Location: Denver Colorado
UTC quote
Can't help but wonder if we could get a better deal on shipping if we all went into together. It sounds really complicated to do that though. I suppose best to see what it would cost individually first and go from there.
Anyone know how long they should last? I have no idea.
Oh we are sorry to see you go Matt, too bad we couldn't squeeze one more favor from you though!
@bravotwofour avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
'09 Mp3-500 - Gone Now
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2065
Location: Happy Valley, Oregon
 
Ossessionato
@bravotwofour avatar
'09 Mp3-500 - Gone Now
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2065
Location: Happy Valley, Oregon
UTC quote
Rob In Denver wrote:
Can't help but wonder if we could get a better deal on shipping if we all went into together. It sounds really complicated to do that though. I suppose best to see what it would cost individually first and go from there.
Anyone know how long they should last? I have no idea.
Oh we are sorry to see you go Matt, too bad we couldn't squeeze one more favor from you though!
Had the same thought. The issue would be getting someone to take point and then redistribute after delivery, and absorb/handle the financial effort. If the economy of scale in ordering, say, a dozen sets were worth it in $$, then it would probably make sense. However, I rather think that the quantity in question here is probably not adequate.

And like you I have no direct info relating to the expected life of a set of the "rollers" (more like plungers or fingers).

Matt, any parting words of wisdom on this?
@mjm50cal avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Red MP3 500 RUBY DRAGON
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2626
Location: Northern CA
 
Ossessionato
@mjm50cal avatar
Red MP3 500 RUBY DRAGON
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2626
Location: Northern CA
UTC quote
Sliders.
@old_as_dirt avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 GTS
Joined: UTC
Posts: 22418
Location: Harriman, Tennessee, Tn
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@old_as_dirt avatar
2007 GTS
Joined: UTC
Posts: 22418
Location: Harriman, Tennessee, Tn
UTC quote
for the 400 owners he has replacement weights listed.
@manfetti avatar
UTC

Hooked
ScooterTrap.com
Joined: UTC
Posts: 483
Location: Orlando, FL
 
Hooked
@manfetti avatar
ScooterTrap.com
Joined: UTC
Posts: 483
Location: Orlando, FL
UTC quote
I have 3 sets of 22.5 gram weights left.

Matt C.
@edinbtr avatar
UTC

Addicted
Piaggio MP3-500, Aprilia Mana 850, Aprilia SR 50 Factory
Joined: UTC
Posts: 543
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
 
Addicted
@edinbtr avatar
Piaggio MP3-500, Aprilia Mana 850, Aprilia SR 50 Factory
Joined: UTC
Posts: 543
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
UTC quote
manfetti wrote:
I have 3 sets of 22.5 gram weights left.

Matt C.
If those are for the 500, I will take one set.
⬆️    About 3 months elapsed    ⬇️
UTC

Hooked
2009 MP3 250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 245
Location: land of beer and cheese and rain
 
Hooked
2009 MP3 250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 245
Location: land of beer and cheese and rain
UTC quote
aww this is sad..
I just went to the sight and read the news (I know am late but military makes life strange)

thanks for all the great help for us noobs

now I need a new source for rollers and other cool parts.
any tips?

In need of rollers for a 250 soon

thnks
@stickyfrog avatar
UTC

Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s
Joined: UTC
Posts: 22655
Location: Nashville, Indiana
 
Moderatus Rana
@stickyfrog avatar
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s
Joined: UTC
Posts: 22655
Location: Nashville, Indiana
UTC quote
manfetti wrote:
still gonna be around though.... just more of an vocal asshole though, now that I can get away with it.. Matt C.
Is that really possible? Razz emoticon

Sorry to see Scootertrap go but glad you will still be around.
@manfetti avatar
UTC

Hooked
ScooterTrap.com
Joined: UTC
Posts: 483
Location: Orlando, FL
 
Hooked
@manfetti avatar
ScooterTrap.com
Joined: UTC
Posts: 483
Location: Orlando, FL
UTC quote
stickyfrog wrote:
manfetti wrote:
still gonna be around though.... just more of an vocal asshole though, now that I can get away with it.. Matt C.
Is that really possible? Razz emoticon
I'll do my best not to disappoint....

Matt C.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee
 

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com


All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.


[ Time: 0.0320s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0113s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]